+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Someone previously said that this is IRCC's way of adding country cap, they wont come out and directly add country wise quotas like the US. Maybe because they just need to add a cap on India and every other country will balance out :D
Marc Miller did mention that "source countries for int'l students aren't particularly diverse". But I love the fact that this can normalize immigration again, because if they continue with these draws they can reduce the importance of Canadian education - which is good for Canada and good for the future students who will come here to only experience slumlords or work in sweatshops. It has a promise of making immigration a lot more beautiful compared to where we are right now for sure.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
There has been some concerns raised first by Quebec about the decline of french. And Quebecers do fight religiously for their french language. And there was also a study from Statistics Canada confirming the overall decline of French in the country. So The feds have first introduced the new official language charter and now they try to bring new francophones into the country.
Tbh, something like French was always a good route. But it was severely deemphasized by poor messaging that floated around in 2020-2021 that echoed "If you are student here, you'll get a PR". When I was learning french, saw so many good folks take the int'l student route instead. The later was a lot of instant gratification and the former was a lot more about staying patient.

Everything that sucks about current immigration system(for Canadians and for students) could be gone if they continue these category specific draws for occupation or french, undermining the Canadian education's value.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Someone previously said that this is IRCC's way of adding country cap, they wont come out and directly add country wise quotas like the US. Maybe because they just need to add a cap on India and every other country will balance out :D
Never underestimate Indian desparation. Give it sometime and a hell lot more Indians will be qualifying with French test taking skills.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Maybe 0.00000000001% of the people. Reaching CLB7 in French will take two years of dedicated study, not easy at all.
I know people who go absolutely crazy for JEE in India. And thats a big number already. If it takes cramming most of the time, we are good at it.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I know people who go absolutely crazy for JEE in India. And thats a big number already. If it takes cramming most of the time, we are good at it.
Learning French for 2 years just to boost your CRS score with no guarantee of ITA is stupid, JEE decides future for kids, something completely different IMO.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Sometimes even more than that
IRCC has actually lowered CLB7's definition for TEF from advanced B2 to lower B2. This makes it relatively easy for a lot of folks to score CLB7 in french.

I know way too many who reached advanced B2 in 6-9 months. We've so many examples on this forum alone from 2022 when learning french wasn't even this popular, I get pings from 2-3 people each month on how I learned french, surprisingly these folks are already at B1/lower B2 and were trying to reach advanced B2. Indians, Chinese, Filipinos make a very competitive cohort imo and they live a relatively distraction free, goal oriented life. Even a small fraction of them is enough to consume the significant francophone quota. If we set lambdas aside, IRCC has opened up accessible CRS to ~3B people who previously never took significant interest before.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
IRCC has actually lowered CLB7's definition for TEF from advanced B2 to lower B2. This makes it relatively easy for a lot of folks to score CLB7 in french.

I know way too many who reached advanced B2 in 6-9 months. We've so many examples on this forum alone from 2022 when learning french wasn't even this popular, I get pings from 2-3 people each month on how I learned french, surprisingly these folks are already at B1/lower B2 and were trying to reach advanced B2. Indians, Chinese, Filipinos make a very competitive cohort imo and they live a relatively distraction free, goal oriented life. Even a small fraction of them is enough to consume the significant francophone quota. If we set lambdas aside, IRCC has opened up accessible CRS to ~3B people who previously never took significant interest before.
I was wondering, like Africa or south America, are there not parts of India that were French colonies or something, If yes don't the people in those regions speak French? Like the Quebec francophones, we have a small Spanish speaking and very tinier Portuguese speaking population in the Philippines, legacy of the Colonizers, but the population is going down and almost vanishing, unlike the Quebec government there is no political interference to grow or revive that.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Learning French for 2 years just to boost your CRS score with no guarantee of ITA is stupid, JEE decides future for kids, something completely different IMO.
Well, we are talking about desparation here and not rationality. The kind of things certain Indians do to immigrate out of india into few western countries (UK Canada and Australia). Is it sane? Nope! Is it popular? absolutely! I mean people grind away at ielts for years. If they know french gives better chance, they will be prattling "Voulez vous du beurre?" all night long!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Submitting webform or ordering gcsm note , can cause ghost update on gc key ? Or its sth else
There is no official answer to this. Webform, depending upon what it is can and will unlock the application if it was stuck in some requirement. GCMS, officially nothing because it is dealt by a different set of people. I have seen ghost updates and no ghost updates when I put my GCMS. Lastly, GU are unreliable. In past I found out a way to generate GU at will. Needless to say it was of no use to predict the progress of my application. Just a glitch.

Reactions: armitabbsn