+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I see this thread is still going. I just came to say "Bye bye, to the lamdas!". Let's make Canada (esp Ontario) great again :cool: .
If we take a few steps back, Ontario could be get even more fucked now that universities are being asked to arrange(guarantee) housing. The only way they can do so is by:
1. auctions of limited seats at extremely high prices to int'l students- this looks good, but let's not forget the rampant corruption we see with such initiatives. A lambda will be pay high(extra cash) for masters and still keep coming.
2. universities go around taking massive number of leases on rentals nearby to sublet to students - dual monetization for universities. Canadians will still be fucked as the inventory would stay low.

Unless people here do real-actual work for a living, they will keep on finding ways to abuse something.

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Strong rumours that let to a statement by Queen's University that it does not face financial insolvency.
This is a respectable university, I wonder what's happening with Western and other good ones. I don't believe Queen's depends on international students but I could be wrong.

Edit: oops never mind:" By failing to meet projected targets for numbers of international students, with 152 fewer than planned, most in Arts and Science, the whole school has lost more than $12 million this year. " from a national post article
Most of these Universities don't rely on international tuition. While Trudeau’s mouthpiece CBC gave an misleading title to this article, McMaster President says University is not dependent on international tuition. I bet its the same case with other schools. The real losers are Lambda schools that run on international tuition.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/david-farrar-on-international-students-1.7086906

Trayceee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
I see this thread is still going. I just came to say "Bye bye, to the lamdas!". Let's make Canada (esp Ontario) great again :cool: .
Lol omg

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Most of these Universities don't rely on international tuition. While Trudeau’s mouthpiece CBC gave an misleading title to this article, McMaster President says University is not dependent on international tuition. I bet its the same case with other schools. The real losers are Lambda schools that run on international tuition.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/david-farrar-on-international-students-1.7086906
It can be mixed bag or vary from province to province. A good amount of money is spent on admin staff.. so there may be university where they have reduced the funds needed. I know the major university on vancouver Island is facing the cruch.

Reactions: RSub

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
@GandiBaat this one is for you LOL
Procurement watchdog finds 76 per cent of listed ArriveCan subcontractors did no work

Massive, massive amounts of government corruption (as always) involved here.

So this is a trend I have noticed in Canada, or maybe this is how it is worldwide and Canadian govt simply adapted the same policies.
Whenever there is a government contract, they put in so many restrictions on the type of bidders that a small fish company simply isnt ineligible to bid. I can see some reasons that necessitate that but Canadian govt contracts seem generally overtly restrictive for a select few.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@GandiBaat this one is for you LOL
Procurement watchdog finds 76 per cent of listed ArriveCan subcontractors did no work

Massive, massive amounts of government corruption (as always) involved here.

So this is a trend I have noticed in Canada, or maybe this is how it is worldwide and Canadian govt simply adapted the same policies.
Whenever there is a government contract, they put in so many restrictions on the type of bidders that a small fish company simply isnt ineligible to bid. I can see some reasons that necessitate that but Canadian govt contracts seem generally overtly restrictive for a select few.
Its universal! Sometimes back TSA also did it. IBM wrote an application to generate random numbers to direct people in different queues. Thats all.... And changed US government hefty amounts.

https://mashable.com/article/tsa-ibm-randomizer-app

Last edited:
Reactions: DesiPikachu

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
French draw this time.

CRS - 365
ITAs - 7,000
Remember 2021, 2022 when everyone talked about how being inland was the best(if not the only) route to be a PR in 2023 and beyond - all these draws indicate otherwise. These draws emphasize learning french, gaining experience in in-demand jobs in home country is a much much safer bet. Also, they make the student immigration route not as popular. Hopefully this will convince a lot more folks to not come to Canada solely for "hopes" of getting a PR as a student.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Remember 2021, 2022 when everyone talked about how being inland was the best(if not the only) route to be a PR in 2023 and beyond - all these draws indicate otherwise. These draws emphasize learning french, gaining experience in in-demand jobs in home country is a much much safer bet. Also, they make the student immigration route not as popular. Hopefully this will convince a lot more folks to not come to Canada solely for "hopes" of getting a PR as a student.
There has been some concerns raised first by Quebec about the decline of french. And Quebecers do fight religiously for their french language. And there was also a study from Statistics Canada confirming the overall decline of French in the country. So The feds have first introduced the new official language charter and now they try to bring new francophones into the country.

Reactions: Winner Man

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Canada is trying to move on to Australian model and thats a good thing. They can also implement Australia like Global Talent Visa.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Someone previously said that this is IRCC's way of adding country cap, they wont come out and directly add country wise quotas like the US. Maybe because they just need to add a cap on India and every other country will balance out :D