+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Details emerge : https://www.cicnews.com/2024/01/breaking-ircc-to-announce-a-two-year-cap-on-admissions-for-international-students-0142492.html#gs.3fft1c

1. The caps will not impact current study permit holders or study permit renewals and do not include those pursing masters and doctoral degrees.

2. Further, IRCC is introducing caps for each province and territory

3. IRCC says that as of today, January 22 2024, every study permit application submitted to IRCC will also require an attestation letter from a province or territory (PT).

4. Starting September 2024, international students starting a study program that is part of a curriculum licensing arrangement will no longer be eligible for the PGWP. --- Good! no more Lambda College Brampton Dhillon Campus will get a PGWP.

5. IRCC has also announced that international students who have graduated from masters programs or other short graduate level programs will be able to apply for a 3-year work permit. --- HAHAHAHA! Get ready for 7-8 month masters plus 3 months "Coop training" in twerking. Come to Canada, master twerking get paid for 3 months as a professional twerker in walmart.

Oh IRCC! You beauty! You always move the dust but never remove the dust. New generation of students will come via new route of masters study in god knows what. Do bachelors in India (IGNOU or numerous distance learning programs are very cheap in India), come to Canada to do masters in bogus subjects in times as low as 6-7 months and then do a Coop. Earn money and apply for 3 year PGWP. Then PR. And the circle goes round and round and round. The next generation of lambda colleges will be on campus, purpose built degrees, staffed by Dhillon agency of educational experts and mostly online with occasional on campus "exams".
You are right. However, I think getting accredited to give out Master's degrees is harder. Not as easy as setting up lambda colleges.

Of course, there are billions of dollars at stake. They will most likely find a loophole.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Besides that, the Indian gravy train is over. Diplomatic tensions killed all hope of Indians looking towards Canada as destination for higher education.
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2304045635984

India and Canada ‘working back towards a healthier relationship,’ says PM’s adviser

"We needs diplomats there to execute programs and issue visas".
----

For some reason, Indian side said nothing on these lines... Wonder why Canada is so keen in working towards a "healthier relationship".

And people were hoping for a per country limit. The more the things change, the more they stay same.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord_Tony

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

India and Canada ‘working back towards a healthier relationship,’ says PM’s adviser

----

For some reason, Indian side said nothing on these lines... Wonder why Canada is so keen in working towards a "healthier relationship".

And people were hoping for a per country limit. The more the things change, the more they stay same.
Both countries having healthier relationships is good for our mental peace though. Any positive movement here is a good thing(regardless of who does that).

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

----

It's simple, India is the biggest cash cow for Canada and they want to issue those visas, even the universities are crying about the student cap, so ridiculous.

Maybe the universities will lower their acceptance standards to boost international students because Masters is eligible for PGWP and SOWP, I will not be surprised if something like this happens, all they care about is money.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
It's simple, India is the biggest cash cow for Canada and they want to issue those visas, even the universities are crying about the student cap, so ridiculous.

Maybe the universities will lower their acceptance standards to boost international students because Masters is eligible for PGWP and SOWP, I will not be surprised if something like this happens, all they care about is money.
This reminds me of UK ,UK was functioning in the same way opening degree mills and importing clowns now I heard from so many I lost count the country has turned into a hell hole .I heard even indians (I said even indians because Indians are keen on migrating to west -BTW I am an indian lol ) are leaving to other countries especially Australia and EU .
When you have nothing to export in this competitive world this is what happens. UK once had a thriving manufacturing now yeah it is completely destroyed by competitors like US,Germany, China and stupid policies. Canada is just a repetition of UK only thing is Canada is rich in natural resources. As I mentioned earlier my biggest fear is canada becoming like UK ."YOU CANT RUN A COUNTRY BY JUST SELLING IMMIGRATION AND REAL ESTATE ESPECIALLY WHEN MORE THAN 80% OF THE COUNTRYIS UNLIVABLE" ,it is just a truth.I just don't understand when this clowns are gonna learn that.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Both countries having healthier relationships is good for our mental peace though. Any positive movement here is a good thing(regardless of who does that).
If they really wished for that.... These folks are not really honest about it.

Letting extremists grow in your country to target another is a problem. Ultimately it comes to bite us back because we are the most exposed to it. Our kids in schools have to face bullies coming with such idea. And when they get crazy enough, they attack us. Most folks killed in Kanishka bombing were ethnic Indians. And these folks are back at issueing similar threats! When this mess hits the fan, we will be on the front to face the brunt of it.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
This reminds me of UK ,UK was functioning in the same way opening degree mills and importing clowns now I heard from so many I lost count the country has turned into a hell hole .I heard even indians (I said even indians because Indians are keen on migrating to west -BTW I am an indian lol ) are leaving to other countries especially Australia and EU .
When you have nothing to export in this competitive world this is what happens. UK once had a thriving manufacturing now yeah it is completely destroyed by competitors like US,Germany, China and stupid policies. Canada is just a repetition of UK only thing is Canada is rich in natural resources. As I mentioned earlier my biggest fear is canada becoming like UK ."YOU CANT RUN A COUNTRY BY JUST SELLING IMMIGRATION AND REAL ESTATE ESPECIALLY WHEN MORE THAN 80% OF THE COUNTRYIS UNLIVABLE" ,it is just a truth.I just don't understand when this clowns are gonna learn that.
You realize that the entire population of the world can fit inside the state of Texas and it will still have a population density of Manhattan NY. Land is not a problem.

Reactions: RSub

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
You realize that the entire population of the world can fit inside the state of Texas and it will still have a population density of Manhattan NY. Land is not a problem.
You are right but I don't think a lot will enjoy living in -30 c if they have a choice.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Strong rumours that let to a statement by Queen's University that it does not face financial insolvency.
This is a respectable university, I wonder what's happening with Western and other good ones. I don't believe Queen's depends on international students but I could be wrong.

Edit: oops never mind:" By failing to meet projected targets for numbers of international students, with 152 fewer than planned, most in Arts and Science, the whole school has lost more than $12 million this year. " from a national post article

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Strong rumours that let to a statement by Queen's University that it does not face financial insolvency.
This is a respectable university, I wonder what's happening with Western and other good ones. I don't believe Queen's depends on international students but I could be wrong.

Edit: oops never mind:" By failing to meet projected targets for numbers of international students, with 152 fewer than planned, most in Arts and Science, the whole school has lost more than $12 million this year. " from a national post article
National post is conservative leaning news outlet. That being said, Canada has this perpetual problem in every province that their tertiary institutes receive some funding from prvincial government and are forced to keep the fees growth in check. Reminds you of something?

Reactions: imransyed

Trayceee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
Still remember this @aj534160 guy. Think his score was 473 or something. Was complaining of no draws cos of Covid and all talk of capping Indians. Then he landed in Canada and completely changed his tune lol
lol covid times were driving everyone crazy i remembered we sat here weeks on weeks praying for draws to return and when they did a bunch of 500+ CRS!!!! i sat with 453 crs for a long time before i got 3 nominations. finally took one.