Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Canada has acknowledged the crimes it has committed in the past and is actively trying to correct it. How is this even remotely comparable to Universities promoting or encouraging students to actively celebrate terrorist attacks and harass Jewish people in Canada? Look at what happened at Harvard and tell me whether it’s justifiable in any way?
You know, as late as 90s these residential schools with abducted native kids were running. As late as 70s, Australia had white australia policy. As far as truth and reconcilliation goes, the current regime has flip-flopped on its position on First Nations right to their own land. Before election Truedeau himself told that they First Nations will have deciding rights about their lands with regards to pipeline. After election he said it plainly : "First Nation's consent is not a veto". This is not ancient history. This is 2017-18. And he has zero remorse for this betreyal.

This is what you are signing up for when you come here. When you immigrate here, you are dealing with these folks. If this does not bother you morally speaking, then why are you so much bothered about political position of a bunch of academics? Do your degree, get your job and visa and move along! University can not force a political view on you.

Also, we are a bit too fast in passing the judgement here. There is still a lot of fog of war. I remember during the first days of Oct 7th; there were claims that some of the Hamas had baked the children of israeli settlers and have fed them to their parents. With time, we came to know about exagerations.

During 9/11 as well, there were some knee jerk reactions on unreliable news. Things like Muslims in New York were celebrating 9/11. With due time we found that reality was not as much cut and dry.

The anti-semite allegation and systematic anti-semitism in universities is still very much a case in flux. The judgement is very much knee jerk. Very similar to that of McCarthy era and even reeks of 9/11 era "with us or against us".

• Love
Reactions: imransyed

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Only topics allowed here are F Trudea, PP's big PP, how to get US job, and anything anti lamda. And housing. FSW is a plus. ;)
Its rather a sign that most folks here are done with their immigration part.

Reactions: Trayceee

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Details emerge : https://www.cicnews.com/2024/01/breaking-ircc-to-announce-a-two-year-cap-on-admissions-for-international-students-0142492.html#gs.3fft1c

1. The caps will not impact current study permit holders or study permit renewals and do not include those pursing masters and doctoral degrees.

2. Further, IRCC is introducing caps for each province and territory

3. IRCC says that as of today, January 22 2024, every study permit application submitted to IRCC will also require an attestation letter from a province or territory (PT).

4. Starting September 2024, international students starting a study program that is part of a curriculum licensing arrangement will no longer be eligible for the PGWP. --- Good! no more Lambda College Brampton Dhillon Campus will get a PGWP.

5. IRCC has also announced that international students who have graduated from masters programs or other short graduate level programs will be able to apply for a 3-year work permit. --- HAHAHAHA! Get ready for 7-8 month masters plus 3 months "Coop training" in twerking. Come to Canada, master twerking get paid for 3 months as a professional twerker in walmart.

Oh IRCC! You beauty! You always move the dust but never remove the dust. New generation of students will come via new route of masters study in god knows what. Do bachelors in India (IGNOU or numerous distance learning programs are very cheap in India), come to Canada to do masters in bogus subjects in times as low as 6-7 months and then do a Coop. Earn money and apply for 3 year PGWP. Then PR. And the circle goes round and round and round. The next generation of lambda colleges will be on campus, purpose built degrees, staffed by Dhillon agency of educational experts and mostly online with occasional on campus "exams".

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
I guess immigration sentiment in Canada (and all around the world) is changing fast. Every time I scroll Reddit, the Canadian subs always have some news piece about mass immigration. It's interesting that Canada might not have easy PR anymore. Lucky I got mine already.. it's time to MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN!!!

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Since I already got my COPR, I feel that Canada should:
  1. Reduce immigration target to mitigate the housing crisis
  2. Implement a more stringent category-based draw to better target the labor market
  3. Implement a country-cap immigration system for diversity
  4. Reduce CRS points from universities that are not UofT, McGill, UBC, and Waterloo
  5. Require LMIA to enter the Express Entry pool
  6. Reduce Federal quota and increase PNP quota
  7. BUILD THE WALL!!!!
It's time for Canada to put CANADA FIRST!!
LET'S MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN!!!
I guess they have started to take into account my suggestions.. it's quite wild how things change in the span of 3 months..

• Haha
Reactions: Twee

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Details emerge : https://www.cicnews.com/2024/01/breaking-ircc-to-announce-a-two-year-cap-on-admissions-for-international-students-0142492.html#gs.3fft1c

1. The caps will not impact current study permit holders or study permit renewals and do not include those pursing masters and doctoral degrees.

2. Further, IRCC is introducing caps for each province and territory

3. IRCC says that as of today, January 22 2024, every study permit application submitted to IRCC will also require an attestation letter from a province or territory (PT).

4. Starting September 2024, international students starting a study program that is part of a curriculum licensing arrangement will no longer be eligible for the PGWP. --- Good! no more Lambda College Brampton Dhillon Campus will get a PGWP.

5. IRCC has also announced that international students who have graduated from masters programs or other short graduate level programs will be able to apply for a 3-year work permit. --- HAHAHAHA! Get ready for 7-8 month masters plus 3 months "Coop training" in twerking. Come to Canada, master twerking get paid for 3 months as a professional twerker in walmart.

Oh IRCC! You beauty! You always move the dust but never remove the dust. New generation of students will come via new route of masters study in god knows what. Do bachelors in India (IGNOU or numerous distance learning programs are very cheap in India), come to Canada to do masters in bogus subjects in times as low as 6-7 months and then do a Coop. Earn money and apply for 3 year PGWP. Then PR. And the circle goes round and round and round. The next generation of lambda colleges will be on campus, purpose built degrees, staffed by Dhillon agency of educational experts and mostly online with occasional on campus "exams".
I had 2 questions

a) Won't point 4 apply to point 5 as well, meaning Lambda college won't qualify for masters PGWP?

b) From what I understand most lambda clowns who had graduate sometimes even masters degrees in their home countries, traditionally take graduate level courses in those Canadian lambda colleges because the bar for getting visa for such courses was low, whereas the bar for master is high. (funny I have seen some of these clowns posting in this forum that their agent for Student permit application asked them to hide their home country degree, they were asking for ways they can show it IRCC in the PR application :p.) Shouldn't IRCC then make the process of such masters applications stringent and take the bar for even higher?

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I had 2 questions

a) Won't point 4 apply to point 5 as well, meaning Lambda college won't qualify for masters PGWP?

b) From what I understand most lambda clowns who had graduate sometimes even masters degrees in their home countries, traditionally take graduate level courses in those Canadian lambda colleges because the bar for getting visa for such courses was low, whereas the bar for master is high. (funny I have seen some of these clowns posting in this forum that their agent for Student permit application asked them to hide their home country degree, they were asking for ways they can show it IRCC in the PR application :p.) Shouldn't IRCC then make the process of such masters applications stringent and take the bar for even higher?
a) its a question of who and how a degree program is conducted. If it is done through the university, I think it will be enough to get a PGWP. The additional staff required could be brought in via a contract channel. Additional spaces can be rented by the university itself. The lure of 3 year work permit will bring in students.

b) This will remain for masters programs too. Now that undergrad programs are not the cash cow, customized masters program will be new cash cows. Short duration, customized so people can easily get accepted and so on.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
a) its a question of who and how a degree program is conducted. If it is done through the university, I think it will be enough to get a PGWP. The additional staff required could be brought in via a contract channel. Additional spaces can be rented by the university itself. The lure of 3 year work permit will bring in students.

b) This will remain for masters programs too. Now that undergrad programs are not the cash cow, customized masters program will be new cash cows. Short duration, customized so people can easily get accepted and so on.
Only Universities can offer Masters degree right? If they do this and try to milk international students, won't their reputation get damaged? I doubt if the top universities will do this.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Only Universities can offer Masters degree right? If they do this and try to milk international students, won't their reputation get damaged? I doubt if the top universities will do this.
Universities have schools. They can, for instance, make a "School of Twerking" or something (j/k).

It happens a lot in USA. A certain "Drexel University" comes to mind which had a program in Anime or some shit like that.

Anyhoo by awarding degrees or diplomas based on contract coursework, their reputation has taken a hit already.

Reactions: imransyed

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Another Hamas Israel debate on Canadian platform. You guys should leave old world politics behind but sadly people don’t
Canada is heavily involved in old world politics btw. It actively and militarily supports one of the two parties directly and through NATO.
Wish it didn't take sides, of neither party, but its got its finger in the region whether you like it or not.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW

LOL I knew this the very second I read the whole thing.

Universities that have prepared for this: YorkU with a brand spanking new campus in Markham, University of Windsor, TrentU, UCW, to some extent Dalhousie, Algoma, Brock, Laurentian, etc etc.

Dust has effectively been moved, and btw no restriction on any of the DLI colleges which are no better than strip mall lamda colleges.
I know a few people who completed a masters degree from above mentioned unis, and yeah most did not find a job in their field and did not have a good experience education wise. Not as bad as strip mall college, but definitely nowhere near what a uni standard should be.

Wanna bet DLI colleges lobbied for this new temporary law?