+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Most lambdas were banking on the SOWP by coming here on a useless PG diploma -> bring their spouse -> both working on some warehouse and the applicant that came here on study never attend classes -> work their a***s off -> appear for final assessments -> bribe the staff and get a pass grade -> protest outside Algoma or other diploma mills to get a pass grade if they are failed for not attending even a single class or not even able to answer some basic assessment questions -> Get the pass grade successfully post protesting or threatening the institution -> repeat the same cycle -> pay for LMIA -> get PR.

I guess these guys are seriously seriously screwed up with the SOWP becoming eligible for professional courses and not for diploma mills. There's a huge uproar now in the Indian states of Punjab and Haryana.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Most lambdas were banking on the SOWP by coming here on a useless PG diploma -> bring their spouse -> both working on some warehouse and the applicant that came here on study never attend classes -> work their a***s off -> appear for final assessments -> bribe the staff and get a pass grade -> protest outside Algoma or other diploma mills to get a pass grade if they are failed for not attending even a single class or not even able to answer some basic assessment questions -> Get the pass grade successfully post protesting or threatening the institution -> repeat the same cycle -> pay for LMIA -> get PR.

I guess these guys are seriously seriously screwed up with the SOWP becoming eligible for professional courses and not for diploma mills. There's a huge uproar now in the Indian states of Punjab and Haryana.
Not sure about the uproar, especially when the interest has declined by more than 80% in Canada. At their current capacity(after diplomat expulsion), they'll not even be able to process 50k applications from India - that was a far bigger impact making event that had a very mild reaction.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Changes to international student program:
1. Marc Miller said that they are lowering the student permit applications to 365k, but that's not the full story. They are lowering it by 365k for undergraduate and college level programs. Which basically isn't a big of a cut if we look at it. It would be a net reduction of maybe 10-15%. This is a also a temporary cap of 2 years.
2. Public-Private Institution models, will no longer be eligible for PGWP from 1 Sep 2024
3. Spouses of International students other than Masters/PhD and specialized programs in medicine and law - will no longer be eligible for Spouse open work permits (SOWP).
PG Diploma falls under college level program right? I am sure a big chunk of international students were coming here to study PG Diploma courses as they couldn't get admission into Masters because of their low academic scores. In this way, I think the reduction will be significant.

• Angry
Reactions: Lord_Tony

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Not sure about the uproar, especially when the interest has declined by more than 80% in Canada. At their current capacity(after diplomat expulsion), they'll not even be able to process 50k applications from India - that was a far bigger impact making event that had a very mild reaction.
That 80% drop is not because of lack of interest but because there’s very limited Canadian diplomatic presence in India. Canada doesn’t have the capacity to process so many applications. Trust me. I know several Masters Graduates using this Post Graduate diploma route to gain entry into Canada. They do one year post graduate diploma level courses even through they’re already post graduates for the sake of gaining entry into Canada. This move was suggested to them by a lot of agents back in India.

• Angry
Reactions: RSub and Lord_Tony

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Lmao the benchods finally did something. Literally knew this was gonna be a problem and had an answer 3 years ago.

They should’ve done a country cap as well but small steps I guess

Reactions: RSub

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Punjab marriage market in shambles. As a PR how many baddies would they be able to pull? Dowryflation?

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
And how in the world were you able to equate a protest for freedom, for rights, for not to be genocided to nazi propaganda and anti-semitism? I am not schooling you but Palestinian people are semites too. Do some impartial research on your own about the matter, and the blindfold put on you through powerful and sophisticated PR and lobbying will come off. Unless you choose to keep it on.
India very historically recently lived under the often brutal oppression and occupation of British Monarchy, so I find it strange and bizarre you (and other Hinduvta Pajeets/Right Wingers) cannot see the attrocities Palestenian people have had to suffer for simply existing and resisting the occupation.

Here's what Canada has: Freedom. When/If you have kids, don't send them to school or universities. Teach them a skill and send them off to live in the world. Academia in the western countries does have a major problem, but the solution is not to get rid of the universities as a whole.
Except everyone would be happy if this were the case. If they were actually protesting for the freedom of Palestinians. Instead, they have elements that are openly celebrating the death of Jews and harassing Jews who have nothing to do with the conflict. Let’s face it. The world hasn’t learned anything from WW2. Jews continue to be hated even when they aren’t doing anything. Jews in Canada and the US have nothing to do with the conflict in Palestine.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I interview people for my employer. I personally have not seen any significant number of non degree holders to get a job. Even in big picture offical stats, the same is reflected :
https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/unemployment-rates-for-persons-25-years-and-older-by-educational-attainment.htm

Noteworthy, during leaner periods, non degree holders do much much worse.

Politics has always been a part of college life, true. I mean colleges in USA were breeding grounds for political movements alright (vietnam war opposition), BUT the motivation for immigrants coming to study in foreign universities has always been skills, jobs and chance to immigrate. On that end nothing beats western universities.

Even the best non-western universities like NTU or NUS or TokyoU do not offer same opportunities that even non-top universities in west offer -- likes of USC, ASU, VTech, UCSB, UBC etc.

On politics... well... let me put it in this way: Canada and US have been established on lands stolen and people genocided to make literal "living room" for europeans. To this day the hate and neglect for First Nations is so great in these countries that they do not even build roads to their "reserves" so that these people can not vote enough. Yes, its that bad. Even basic token things are not done. Things like changing the name of the law in the constitution. It still calls the laws dealing with them as "Indian Act". Law still calls them as "Indians". Think about it, its like calling blacks "N-word" in law.

Give all of this, may I ask, what are you doing seeking or obtained immigration to such countries? If you so deeply care about morals that is. How can you bring yourself to trust these countries in the first place to reside here? Do remember, these countries have also imprisoned Japanese immigrants back in World War 2 for no other offense other than their ethnicities. Do you still feel comfortable to immigrate here? Compared to that, western colleges/universities are total saints.
Canada has acknowledged the crimes it has committed in the past and is actively trying to correct it. How is this even remotely comparable to Universities promoting or encouraging students to actively celebrate terrorist attacks and harass Jewish people in Canada? Look at what happened at Harvard and tell me whether it’s justifiable in any way?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
That 80% drop is not because of lack of interest but because there’s very limited Canadian diplomatic presence in India. Canada doesn’t have the capacity to process so many applications. Trust me. I know several Masters Graduates using this Post Graduate diploma route to gain entry into Canada. They do one year post graduate diploma level courses even through they’re already post graduates for the sake of gaining entry into Canada. This move was suggested to them by a lot of agents back in India.

Yep, that's why I corrected myself after reading from IRCC on how the reduced processing capacity has led to reduction. But, the craze for coming to Canada through student routes is definitely down too.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Except everyone would be happy if this were the case. If they were actually protesting for the freedom of Palestinians. Instead, they have elements that are openly celebrating the death of Jews and harassing Jews who have nothing to do with the conflict. Let’s face it. The world hasn’t learned anything from WW2. Jews continue to be hated even when they aren’t doing anything. Jews in Canada and the US have nothing to do with the conflict in Palestine.
Hamas, in their own book published about Oct 7 make it clear: Their fight is against a zionist occupation, not the Jewish Religion or the Jewish people.

Do you think Pro-Palestine supporters did not get harassed by orgs like AIPAC? A Canadian Doctor of Uni of Ottawa was furloughed because he called out Israel's apartheid. Bill Ackman orchestrated the exit of Harvard's first POC President. Many more have been doxxed and have had their employers contacted for attending a support march for Palestine or posting their support online.

The world has moved on from WW2, with a lot of lessons. Germans are taught about WW2 and their mistakes in their schooling system, not to make them feel bad or sorry forever but to know that they made such a grave mistake. Please don't disrespect the loss of Jewish lives in WW2.
Never again was not never again just for one type of people. The only people who insist we haven't learned anything from WW2 are people like Netanyahu, to keep playing the victim card. By your logic Saying anything against the state of Israel is antisemitism. And by that logic if I criticise India, am I criticizing Hinduism as well?
"Even when they aren't doing anything." LOL dude its not advisable to live in a fantasy land.
Before you come at me further, let me say that I personally know Jewish people in Canada and US who vocally call out Zionism and everything Israel. Your zionist-washed brain will not be able to comprehend that.

This discussion is not going anywhere. I am out.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yep, that's why I corrected myself after reading from IRCC on how the reduced processing capacity has led to reduction. But, the craze for coming to Canada through student routes is definitely down too.
Last 2 years I have seen a lot of good offshore Indian employees refusing to come to Canada, They tell that the Canada pay is too low compared to cost of living here, with spouses these Indian IT employees are like Canadian millionaires top 10% wealthy. Whereas in Canada they will be in the 50th percentile, scrounging. Only the young and low skilled ones are willing to come and we still take them as we don't have good young Canadian equivalents, most interviews we end up with Lambdas who often seem to cheat in interviews by making a friend or someone else crack the interview questions.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Last 2 years I have seen a lot of good offshore Indian employees refusing to come to Canada, They tell that the Canada pay is too low compared to cost of living here, with spouses these Indian IT employees are like Canadian millionaires top 10% wealthy. Whereas in Canada they will be in the 50th percentile, scrounging. Only the young and low skilled ones are willing to come and we still take them as we don't have good young Canadian equivalents, most interviews we end up with Lambdas who often seem to cheat in interviews by making a friend or someone else crack the interview questions.
Personally know 2 such people, one let his PR expire.
Organic interest in TFW migration has decreased substantially too, know someone who has the study permit and deferred his arrival twice now. Everyone I know here knows someone like that.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The students who protested against Vietnam war pushed against war crimes, I doubt they supported Vietcong.

However the current liberal students in ivy leagues don't stop with protesting against war or crimes. They unnecessarily make life difficult for Jewish Americans, push the anti-Israel disinformation agenda that the likes Islamic terror groups spread in the past, openly support Hamas etc..
During that time as well, they were dubbed as "commie supporters". And not just that, there were McCarthy era student protests who were billed as "dangerous and capable of making nuclear weapons". There was a documentry on this produced by US Dept of Home IIRC in which they show how these folks were great student of science and maths at berkley university and they were all communists. Implying that they were capable of making nukes and they were on communist side and living in America. In the hindsight none of them were really as bad as they were potrayed.

I will say, give it sometime, we will get a definite opinion on what the current crop of activists are. Are they really villians that they are being thought as or there is more.

Found the documentary. : Operation Abolition

Better version :
https://www.c-span.org/video/?328971-1/operation-abolition

Last edited: