+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What I learned past few months is that fake news travels through social media faster than the truth has a chance. Indian coworker of mine (recent student) was asking me that his family is worried about his safety in Canada. Told him literally has nothing to worry about, most Canadians couldnt give af but Indian coverage of Canada in India seems to be propaganda like. So probably Indians got scared or something cos of media. Anyways, I see most of them trying for Aus and UK only to realize theres no pathway to PR for them. Most can't speak German so they will come back to Canada.

Besides, noticing diploma mills are now diversifying to other countries like Nepal and Bangladesh. Indians students were always replacable
Whether Indian students were replaceable or not, we will get to see this year I guess. The number just hasn't gone down by 20% fyi, it has gone down by 80% in terms of new students coming to Canada last quarter. This is a massive shock that Marc Miller himself admitted in a recent interview. There's also a concern that lack of students could cause a recession in Canada. Right now a million TRVs are extremely vocal about their negative experiences with Canada which is hard to ignore.

Given that most students are somehow selectively exposed to the worst things about Canada(slumlords, bad employers, etc) and miss out on a lot of good that Canada has to offer, the dip in interest to study in Canada is organic. Had Canadian govt intervened at the right time, this would have never happened.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Whether Indian students were replaceable or not, we will get to see this year I guess. The number just hasn't gone down by 20% fyi, it has gone down by 80% in terms of new students coming to Canada last quarter. This is a massive shock that Marc Miller himself admitted in a recent interview. There's also a concern that lack of students could cause a recession in Canada. Right now a million TRVs are extremely vocal about their negative experiences with Canada which is hard to ignore.

Given that most students are somehow selectively exposed to the worst things about Canada(slumlords, bad employers, etc) and miss out on a lot of good that Canada has to offer, the dip in interest to study in Canada is organic. Had Canadian govt intervened at the right time, this would have never happened.
There's also a concern that lack of students could cause a recession in Canada.

Please don't tell me you actually believe this nonsense. There is a recession in Canada with or without these students. Note sure why Indians think their 16K tuition at Conestoga and a part time job at Tim Horton's will change Canada's economy lmfao. Btw, student numbers SHOULD be coming down based on the huge public backlash against diploma mills taking in every unqualified student.

Correlation is not causation.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Please don't tell me you actually believe this nonsense. There is a recession in Canada with or without these students. Note sure why Indians think their 16K tuition at Conestoga and a part time job at Tim Horton's will change Canada's economy lmfao. Btw, student numbers SHOULD be coming down based on the huge public backlash against diploma mills taking in every unqualified student.

I do believe that without students, housing, education and at least 3 other billion dollar industries would be at risk.

At the end of the day, Canadians don't innovate they are overinvested into things that are primarily fueled by students. A leveraged industry can only perform if the need exist(e.g. oil) - Canada is overinvested into something that's going downhill.

Student numbers are already down(80% reduction), the backlash had nothing to do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I do believe that without students, housing, education and at least 3 other billion dollar industries would be at risk.

At the end of the day, Canadians don't innovate they are overinvested into things that are primarily fueled by students. A leveraged industry can only perform if the need exist(e.g. oil) - Canada is overinvested into something that's going downhill.

Student numbers are already down(80% reduction), the backlash had nothing to do with it.
Where are you getting this 80% number you keep citing?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Where are you getting this 80% number you keep citing?
Compare T4 totals from last T4 2022 to T2023: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/90115b00-f9b8-49e8-afa3-b4cff8facaee/resource/3039046e-2905-406f-a9aa-dd49c92cf604

There are more data sources, this was just the one I could find fastest. Also look at data from Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc too. Similar patterns of drop are evident with a lot of other countries.

Point being, a lot of the current claims are nothing more than fake victory claims. I can easily imagine Marc Miller showing the data of his "clamp down" and r/CH2 jumping to the same conclusion. It is all an illusion at the end of the day.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Compare T4 totals from last T4 2022 to T2023: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/90115b00-f9b8-49e8-afa3-b4cff8facaee/resource/3039046e-2905-406f-a9aa-dd49c92cf604

There are more data sources, this was just the one I could find fastest. Also look at data from Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc too. Similar patterns of drop are evident with a lot of other countries.

Point being, a lot of the current claims are nothing more than fake victory claims. I can easily imagine Marc Miller showing the data of his "clamp down" and r/CH2 jumping to the same conclusion. It is all an illusion at the end of the day.
I'll try and look at it tmr. Wasn't able to locate what you were referring to.

Int Students is on tv and news again and again. If you dont think this is gonna affect enrollment I dunno what to tell you.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

In my wife's univ, they are closing few courses and a department is under question of closure. And this is the biggest university on the island. A public university.

In 2020, here in local Victoria, all those near university were making a massive fuss that they are not getting students for running their businesses (it was to the point that they were holding protests, lol). People were protesting that they will go bankrrupt due to mortgages. Thankfully for later, mortgage payments were frozen.

If Indian students were to disappear suddenly, a lot of locals will have issues. A lot!

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Come May, you will also see a spike in number of TFWs' work permits expiring. Many plan to use their visitor visa for 6 more months of stay but that will be it for them. Price of fake LMIAs is already going up in the market. Rents are very slowly dipping in Toronto and anecdotally I feel have stablizied in GTA. House Prices can diverge greatly from median wages, rents, not so much.

Few weeks ago, even before the Canada-India row, it was clear to me that Canada will try to replace Indian students with other nationalities. I have since seen a spike in "why you should move to Canada" videos from the African continent. Same BS being peddled to those nations now.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Come May, you will also see a spike in number of TFWs' work permits expiring. Many plan to use their visitor visa for 6 more months of stay but that will be it for them. Price of fake LMIAs is already going up in the market. Rents are very slowly dipping in Toronto and anecdotally I feel have stablizied in GTA. House Prices can diverge greatly from median wages, rents, not so much.

Few weeks ago, even before the Canada-India row, it was clear to me that Canada will try to replace Indian students with other nationalities. I have since seen a spike in "why you should move to Canada" videos from the African continent. Same BS being peddled to those nations now.
I hope African nations don't fall for this scam. Only ~100k PGWPs are expiring between Jan 2024-May 2024 though. Others got an extension of till 2025. Logically, interest rates + less number of TFWs should stress housing market even more.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord_Tony

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
In my wife's univ, they are closing few courses and a department is under question of closure. And this is the biggest university on the island. A public university.

In 2020, here in local Victoria, all those near university were making a massive fuss that they are not getting students for running their businesses (it was to the point that they were holding protests, lol). People were protesting that they will go bankrrupt due to mortgages. Thankfully for later, mortgage payments were frozen.

If Indian students were to disappear suddenly, a lot of locals will have issues. A lot!
Looks like this is happening in many universities:

https://www.sfu.ca/human-resources/managers-supervisors/hiring-freeze-faqs.html

SFU currently faces a financial shortfall in the 2023/24 fiscal year due to lower international enrollments and increased cost pressures. We expect that SFU's budget is likely to remain tight over the next few years.

I have read the same thing about McGill, Queens, not sure how many more are there.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Looks like this is happening in many universities:

https://www.sfu.ca/human-resources/managers-supervisors/hiring-freeze-faqs.html

SFU currently faces a financial shortfall in the 2023/24 fiscal year due to lower international enrollments and increased cost pressures. We expect that SFU's budget is likely to remain tight over the next few years.

I have read the same thing about McGill, Queens, not sure how many more are there.
The problem with Canadians is that they start yelling before even understanding.

I remember them yelling online that why is Canada allowing students from Saudi Arabia and middle east in medical programs in Canada who just study and leave. It was lost on them that those seats and other subsidized seats were being paid by Saudi and UAE students. If they leave they will have to close the program itself.

Same is with this current "OMG Indians are taking all our houses" bullshit. They remove all the Indian students, their universities start to feel the funds crunch. A certain major university on the island here is struggling to find volunteers to even run their TA programs and their open houses. These were taken by international students.

To top it all, just like their medical system, their universities can not increase fees. So.... they are stuck.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I'll try and look at it tmr. Wasn't able to locate what you were referring to.

Int Students is on tv and news again and again. If you dont think this is gonna affect enrollment I dunno what to tell you.
Future enrollment yes, but never to this degree. Nobody thinks "oh, they are making videos on us, lets stop moving to Canada". It is very evident on just how bad things are for middle class students in Canada and they are avoiding coming here.

Remember - at the end of the day, those who invited these students were Canadians, those who exploited them were Canadians too. The same Canadians fucked over other Canadians while doing so.

Reactions: imransyed

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I doubt that anyone going to US will postpone their move due to Trump. And this time around he seems less dramatic and more politician like.
However for folks for India it is a long waiting time to get Green Card and hence very few seem to want to go they say, it is true?