Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Please can someone advise , special request to the senior members !!

Me and my kids have gotten PPR and have submitted passports. My question is, can my spouse apply for a visit visa to drop us off and help with landing formalities?

We are all Fiji citizens and my spouse is Pakistani but he resides in Fiji and has a valid work permit and works as a private dentist. He has solid ties because he has a condition to work 3 years with another dentist to be allowed to ope. His own dental centre.

Will this affect our PR in any way?

Will that suffice as strong ties to his home country or we should wait and I land first and then he applies for a visit visa . Issue is, kids will not be able to travel with me alone on long haul flight
I believe he should be fine. And no, it will not have any impact on your PR.

I do wonder why is he coming? Does he intend to enter Canada or only see you off at Canadian immigration at the landing airport? Keep your story believable is all I will say.
Typically Visitor Visa are issued at their own merit. If he has enough money and a job to go back to, he should be fine. BTW, you folks are not yet PR if you have not done your landing formalities.

Lastly, Law does not prevent a person from seeking a status in Canada. It prevents a person from staying without status. If he is seeking a legal status, that is not a ground for any issues. If he seeks an extension, thats not an issue. If he stays without a status, thats the problem.

Last edited:

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
I believe he should be fine.

I do wonder why is he coming? Does he intend to enter Canada or only see you off at Canadian immigration at the landing airport? Keep your story believable is all I will say.
Typically Visitor Visa are issued at their own merit. If he has enough money and a job to go back to, he should be fine. BTW, you folks are not yet PR if you have not done your landing formalities.

Lastly, Law does not prevent a person from seeking a status in Canada. It prevents a person from staying without status. If he is seeking a legal status, that is not a ground for any issues. If he seeks an extension, thats not an issue. If he stays without a status, thats the problem.
Thank you so much for reply . As the flight back to Fiji goes after one week or a few days and there is no connection other then via USA he will need to enter I believe. So if we write our statement of purpose should we state that he needs to help with landing formalities or that he intends to visit Canada with us while we do our move?

He has a good practice here with good income which he would like to maintain for now until he can be sponsored. His passport is also expiring in 7 months.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thank you so much for reply . As the flight back to Fiji goes after one week or a few days and there is no connection other then via USA he will need to enter I believe. So if we write our statement of purpose should we state that he needs to help with landing formalities or that he intends to visit Canada with us while we do our move?
Visitor visa is rather simple application and typically does not require a "statement of purpose". You perhaps mean a letter of explanation? That is required only if you are explaining something. Since you are not yet in Canada the only kind of visit this can be is a tourist visit or a transit visit. Since he is not transiting and entering Canada, this is a tourist visit. Typically, they do not ask this in the forms, (Other folks, correct me if I am wrong! @scylla ?).

One more question please is , will our application ( I dunno if it's COPR) be affected in any way if he applies since we haven't landed ?
By itself the visitor application should NOT have any impact but lets see further the extreme cases (hypothetically):

1. You are not a landed immigrant right now. If your spouse (hypothetically) is found to be in some serious criminal thing (hypothetically speaking for discussion), then you will be rendered inadmissible. AFAIK. Because your application is not yet complete and you have not yet landed. Infact, you are expected to tell immigration about any change in circumstances, strictly speaking. If your spouse has some criminality finding before landing, you are supposed to tell that to IRCC, AFAIK. This may endup being discovered by IRCC during their visitor application but it is not really the visitor applicaton that was the reason. It was underlying (hypothetical) criminality.

2. They provide some conflicting information on their visitor visa application in contrast your PR application. IRCC will have a record of them, even if they are not a PR because they MUST be mentioned in your application. Unless, again if you did not mention them at all or did not inform IRCC about your marriage to them, which you should have done. Again, in this hypothetical scenarion, it will be underlying hiding of critical information in PR process that will cause issue and not the visitor application. Visitor application just gave IRCC more chance to look at your information.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Noone is hating on indians for meeting up. They are hating on indians for squatting 10 in a room, taking food from foodbanks, mortgage fraud, dubious college admissions, working on cash, public inconvenience, LMIA abuse, fake marriages, reserving/favoring jobs for their caste/tribe, etc. By no means are they the only offender but due to number they are the most numerous and publicly visible
Well, when I first landed here, in the initial months, I came across all the problems about Indians that you describe here. My reaction was similar to yours, a self-contemplation of where the hell have I come coz these are the very things I was running away from.

But as I learned more and came across people of different backgrounds, let me tell you, as bad as your "Indian problems" are, I have come across much much worse. The true large scale criminal and social disruptors here drive fancy cars and wear nice clothes. I guess its that way everywhere. And Indians being loud takes away attention from these people but make no mistake, other nationals indulge in the same behavior in similar, if not greater numbers.

Check out the Sunny Wang immigration scandal, 1100 potential immigrants committing immigration fraud. I personally know people like him still operating to this day and their ethnicity certainly surprised me. I don't hate people from such backgrounds, but this targeted and growing bigotry for Indians in general is very alarming, even to my non-Indian friends.

And in the future, if more people become more and more racist, then we too will end up like India or Russia or China too, where the social disharmony keeps everyone distracted from solving the real problems, like why there is a baby milk formula shortage here when there is a factory in Ontario that exports nearly all of its formula production outside North America using Canadian-taxpayer subsidized milk.

Reactions: GandiBaat

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I lost someone I knew a couple months ago on a flight from India to Canada, purely due to ignorance and selfish decisions of the airline.

But you should read the comments under that video coverage by CBC, some of them were:
1. he was coming here to exploit our healthcare (yeah, because we immigrants give a shit about the world's shittiest healthcare system!)
2. he was too old to fly anyways (he was perfect, and last I checked anyone with fit-to-fly has no restriction on flying)
3. it was his time (yes, I hope that happens to their family and loved ones!)
4. if we diverted a plane for every emergency, we wouldn't land on time

Now, those who write bs here without any idea of what they are doing - that's the outcome! There's definitely a lot of sympathy from Canadians on the topic, but the online hate is completely something else, primarily driven by misinformation, excessive-unchecked online racism, etc.

I recently flew to Ontario to meet the family. They are not as young as most of us here really are. Someone advised them to start a petition to get support and join twitter. When the did, they just couldn't understand why so many people are hating on them for no reason. The family is at their rock-bottom after their loss, but the ones who don't understand the consequences of this dumb hate don't care.

I won't even go into details of how badly the airline messed up there, but imagine hating someone just because they don't fit someone's pseudo-standards. The family was being targeted by these hateful trolls, for every reasonable argument against the airline there is another statement like "thank god, one less smelly Indian".

People, especially immigrant should know how to do better.
Genuinely sorry and saddened to hear this. Please name the airline, I will definitely keep my family away from them.

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
Visitor visa is rather simple application and typically does not require a "statement of purpose". You perhaps mean a letter of explanation? That is required only if you are explaining something. Since you are not yet in Canada the only kind of visit this can be is a tourist visit or a transit visit. Since he is not transiting and entering Canada, this is a tourist visit. Typically, they do not ask this in the forms, (Other folks, correct me if I am wrong! @scylla ?).

By itself the visitor application should NOT have any impact but lets see further the extreme cases (hypothetically):

1. You are not a landed immigrant right now. If your spouse (hypothetically) is found to be in some serious criminal thing (hypothetically speaking for discussion), then you will be rendered inadmissible. AFAIK. Because your application is not yet complete and you have not yet landed. Infact, you are expected to tell immigration about any change in circumstances, strictly speaking. If your spouse has some criminality finding before landing, you are supposed to tell that to IRCC, AFAIK. This may endup being discovered by IRCC during their visitor application but it is not really the visitor applicaton that was the reason. It was underlying (hypothetical) criminality.

2. They provide some conflicting information on their visitor visa application in contrast your PR application. IRCC will have a record of them, even if they are not a PR because they MUST be mentioned in your application. Unless, again if you did not mention them at all or did not inform IRCC about your marriage to them, which you should have done. Again, in this hypothetical scenarion, it will be underlying hiding of critical information in PR process that will cause issue and not the visitor application. Visitor application just gave IRCC more chance to look at your information.
Thank you so much!! I understand now. He had all his criminal checks ( all PCC ) and security check as part of my application even though he was non accompanying. Thanks for the insight! That helps in making our decision now

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023

Thank you so much!! I understand now. He had all his criminal checks ( all PCC ) and security check as part of my application even though he was non accompanying. Thanks for the insight! That helps in making our decision now

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
No FSW Draws today as well??
There are a tonne of dudes whose PGWP is expiring by Jan and IRCC has not even announced their ever renewing PGWP extension. There's a protest being planned (saw in Twitter and other some FB groups) in Ottawa and Toronto in front of IRCC office by these ppl to

Renew PGWP and to make it active for another 18 months
CEC specific Draws
TR to PR Pathways

Not sure if IRCC will act based on these activities or they go mum as always. It would be seriously discouraging and demotivating for someone who has stayed nearly 5 years (2 years study and 3 years PGWP - mostly diploma dudes) and are now being asked to leave the country leaving all the settings (some even bought apartments, cars, etc.)

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
No FSW Draws today as well??
There are a tonne of dudes whose PGWP is expiring by Jan and IRCC has not even announced their ever renewing PGWP extension. There's a protest being planned (saw in Twitter and other some FB groups) in Ottawa and Toronto in front of IRCC office by these ppl to

Renew PGWP and to make it active for another 18 months
CEC specific Draws
TR to PR Pathways

Not sure if IRCC will act based on these activities or they go mum as always. It would be seriously discouraging and demotivating for someone who has stayed nearly 5 years (2 years study and 3 years PGWP - mostly diploma dudes) and are now being asked to leave the country leaving all the settings (some even bought apartments, cars, etc.)
probably they'll not make any draws for the reminder of the year as they've probably reached their quotas.

As a solution they can either apply for a provincial nomination and with that apply for an another WP, or, do as the french use to do in Montreal, They apply for a regular Work Permit although they know it will be denied. This will give them what's called an implied status, meaning that their status will be maintained until a decision is made (as long as they do not leave the country). It should give them some extra weeks ( as of now 133 days ) in which they can wait and apply for PR with EE ( Canadian class or FSW or whatever). that's an extra 200 bucks or so but it will buy you some time.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
as the french use to do in Montreal, They apply for a regular Work Permit although they know it will be denied. This will give them what's called an implied status, meaning that their status will be maintained until a decision is made (as long as they do not leave the country).
I've heard from people abusing implied status rule to get extra points, especially if they are close to having another year of experience for crs. I didn't know them french were doing this en masse - I thought it was a trick known to come from a certain demographics

Wouldn't this get you banned for misrepresentation though ?.

As someone who did bachelor and worked afterwards, its really sad they want us to work for a year abroad before returning as a PR. The points for 2 year of Canadian experience + 1 year abroad is way bigger than those with 3 yoe of only Canadian Experience (about 30 points extra).

Sucks for those above 30 years old, but, I can simply wait it out for 5+ years and probably come up with points in the 540+ range. What a joke of an immigration system.

Last edited:

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I've heard from people abusing implied status rule to get extra points, especially if they are close to having another year of experience for crs. I didn't know them french were doing this en masse - I thought it was a trick known to come from a certain demographics

As someone who did bachelor and worked afterwards, its really sad they want us to work for a year abroad before returning as a PR. The points for 2 year of Canadian experience + 1 year abroad is way bigger than those with 3 yoe of Canadian Experience only (about 30 points extra). Given my age, I can simply wait it out for 5+ years and probably come up with points in the 540+ range
Extra points? I doubt it. maybe if you are close to your 1 or 2 years mark or something but it's for sure not a misrepresentation.
A misrepresentation would be if you LIE about your application, saying your are single when you are married. pretending to have more experience in a field while you don't. That's a misrepresentation. But when you apply, and everything you said was true and you got a refusal well... it's just a refusal not a misrepresentation. Even Quebec immigration consultants do suggest this as a last resort option

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

As someone who did bachelor and worked afterwards, its really sad they want us to work for a year abroad before returning as a PR. The points for 2 year of Canadian experience + 1 year abroad is way bigger than those with 3 yoe of only Canadian Experience (about 30 points extra).

Sucks for those above 30 years old, but, I can simply wait it out for 5+ years and probably come up with points in the 540+ range. What a joke of an immigration system.
To be very honest, the fault lies in IRCC. When they delay the processing by several months to an year, they allow people to stay on maintained status. That said obvious ineligibility can be checked easily and automatedly, like claiming PGWP twice or things like that. Infact, it can be detected before the application is made, in the form processing only.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
probably they'll not make any draws for the reminder of the year as they've probably reached their quotas.

As a solution they can either apply for a provincial nomination and with that apply for an another WP, or, do as the french use to do in Montreal, They apply for a regular Work Permit although they know it will be denied. This will give them what's called an implied status, meaning that their status will be maintained until a decision is made (as long as they do not leave the country). It should give them some extra weeks ( as of now 133 days ) in which they can wait and apply for PR with EE ( Canadian class or FSW or whatever). that's an extra 200 bucks or so but it will buy you some time.
The majority of those whose PGWPs are expiring have already applied for extension and have gotten refusals. I personally know a couple and both graduated from Seneca college 5 years before and their PGWP is expiring this Jan 2024. They got refusals for their PGWP extension.

I guess they cannot do it again and simply would have to go back. They both work at a RBC and RBC does not both themselves with this LMIA stuff and hence they are planning to resign if nothing works their way

Likewise, there are so many individuals/couples who are at wits end. Marc Miller really seems to be a tough guy