+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
The usual, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

In case of Kwickie, it was a different case : They were doing security fraud by selling their risky shares to mom and pop non sophisticated investors or old people. It was not a job fraud but it was a stock fraud. https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/kwickie-blocked-by-asic-from-offering-shares-to-retail-investors-20170707-gx6kcy.html

They were closed.
Should I be looking for low-paid jobs instead? at least they are as real as reality.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
but the Australian PR also has residency requirement for each 5 years if i am not mistaken.
Australian PR is a permanent visa with 5 years of travel validity. If you do not come and start living in Australia in those 5 years, the travel facility expires. If you were in Australia, you can stay there forever but you can not re-enter australian on that visa after 5 years. The way for that is to get a Resident Return Visa. But that has its own conditions and requires you to be established in australia.

So technically speaking, I still have Australian PR rights but not the right to enter australia as a PR.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Should I be looking for low-paid jobs instead? at least they are as real as reality.
Thats a hard choice. I do not know that path because I never travelled it. What motivates you to do it? Its a significant risk. Whats your current situation?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I don't think Aus people are trying to move to Canada, which is becoming a sh*t hole. Aus is better in every way except for the proximity to the US.
Both countries have pros and cons, the cost of living, and lower job opportunities are the same.

Australia
- has a very low qty of lambda (as they locked the taxi drivers' lambdas from India between 2005 to 2012). The WP and others are locked tight unlike here
- government services are superior.
- The weather is load better, with nice beaches, barring the spiders and Snakes, and crocs in Darwin.
- The mining folks make a lot more money than elsewhere in the world.
- It is nearer to most Southeast Asian countries, Perth is in the same timezone as Singapore, etc...
- Better integration into the Aussie culture. And even further I have seen more interracial couples in Melbourne and Sydney. Whereas in north-America for generations many cultures marry within their language and religion. I see the same class segregation that existed in the Philippines here in GTA, for the post in this thread I feel that seems to be worse among Indians.

- I see in the video that the oil and gas guy in the video guy says Canada is better for his jobs, and
- similarly, for IT guys trying to move to the USA - Canada is better.
- A lot easier to get in, be a lambda in times or McD, continue living as one had in their own country etc..

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
Thats a hard choice. I do not know that path because I never travelled it. What motivates you to do it? Its a significant risk. Whats your current situation?
sorry I was just joking. I mean I spent so much effort to get my Australian visa but I do not want to sacrifice my career for the sake of PR by getting any jobs I can land on. Canada would be somewhat easier for me because I am already PR and dont have to worry about my visa situation, but getting a job in canada is just as hard. So now I am at a crossroad.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Well I guess the weather is better. it is not too difficult to get pr in Australia if you are working in certain occupations, but with so many competitions from international students and temporary workers, the requirements are increasing like maxing out English scores / having 5 plus experience etc
This is exactly what happened to me, To earn more I switched back to IT and lost the opportunity in 2017 to convert my student visa into a PR, then I was on work-permits forever. They have quotas for work like USA has for country of birth.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Don't do that it is difficult, I faced the same problem after my MBA, work in 40-50k jobs in the stream I get PR or get back to IT and earn enough to support the wife and Teenage kids I choose the latter. Don't be an immigration slave it is not worth it.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Gandi is a special case. Also, IT people with decent skills can go anywhere. So his case does not apply to that of an average Joe/Jill. Tony could not get a PR, no offense to him lol.

Things I remember. Drugs, homelessness are much worse in Canada. I searched, I could not find anything like what you see in Vancouver etc in Aus. Salaries are 10k lower in Canada per year after conversion. Better weather and life expectancy is longer in Aus. Cost of living used to be lower in Canada, no longer. Their PR is harder to get in Aus, I would say it's more secure, easier to kick out temporary residents. I kind of worry that when shit hits the fan, we will have huge crime rate in Canada, too many people are let in without much security checks.

Update. Looked at the channel and comments. People agree Aus is better, but very hard to immigrate permanently. My impression.
Don't get tricked by Aussie pays, They include 11% Super which is employer contribution, after that even in your gross another 11% employee mandatory contribution. Then net take home is much lower.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
This is exactly what happened to me, To earn more I switched back to IT and lost the opportunity in 2017 to convert my student visa into a PR, then I was on work-permits forever. They have quotas for work like USA has for country of birth.
yeah thats what they are referring to ”permanently temporary”. A friend of mine told me that he knows someone who is on a temporary visa in Australia for nearly 10 years. I guess it was not too difficult to transfer to PR from 457 (work visa) back then?

Reactions: Lord_Tony

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
Don't do that it is difficult, I faced the same problem after my MBA, work in 40-50k jobs in the stream I get PR or get back to IT and earn enough to support the wife and Teenage kids I choose the latter. Don't be an immigration slave it is not worth it.
Wow you sure did have a lot of experience in Australia. How many years did you spend there?

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
What field are you in? How difficult is it to find a job in Canada?
So difficult. You have to fight 20 browns and 10 Asians before the 2nd round. In the 2nd round, you must provide your financial documentation since 18 to prove that you're not an untrustworthy dirty immigrant. They will low-ball you for your salary but you will be able to build the all-valuable Canehdian experience. As long as you are a diligent worker that works for 60+hrs per week, you too can be paid 60K a year.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
I use "old growth" (I will call them OG from now on) Canadian citizens as benchmark.

Is it unethical for OG Canadian Citizens to move to USA for business or job reasons? Nope!
Do OG Canadian Citizens make this implicit promise to live and work in Canada by virtue of being born here? Nope! That will be absurd to even think about that!

So it is not immoral or unethical for me too if I wish.

Remember folks, do not try to be more Canadian than OG Canadians.
Not unethical. Just a life choice. At the end, no one will come to you/your family and feed you for your patriotism if things go south.
Thanks guys. It is a good way to think in terms of OG Canadians who are also emigrating somewhere..

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
So difficult. You have to fight 20 browns and 10 Asians before the 2nd round. In the 2nd round, you must provide your financial documentation since 18 to prove that you're not an untrustworthy dirty immigrant. They will low-ball you for your salary but you will be able to build the all-valuable Canehdian experience. As long as you are a diligent worker that works for 60+hrs per week, you too can be paid 60K a year.
How can I know if this real or sarcasm?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I hope they make it like 6-8 years to get citizenship. That is how they can prevent 'onward immgration'. After I get my passport in 2025 that is
This will not matter if people decide to leave without getting the citizenship just like me.

Btw, anyone here knows how to inform CRA about non-resident status? Looks like you cannot just up and leave and informing CRA that you are leaving is the most important thing.

Reactions: imransyed