App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Follow this: Find a company that has presence in US and Canada. Get a job in their Canadian branch for a Managerial role. Lobby within your organization for a move to US via L1A. You should have worked in the Canadian branch for at least 1 year before you are eligible for a L1A. I have seen folks at 30 moving to US on a L1A. You don't necessarily need to work in a large org, you can work in a start up too. There is no salary requirement unlike H1B. Once you move to US via L1A, then you will be eligible for EB1 GC and no matter where you are born, you will get your GC within a year or two.
thanks for your inputs. If I understood this right this Eb1 with the resulting speed of GC processing is key why all young folks want this?

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
To get a E3 one needs to first have an employer to help you. From Australia it is not like driving from Canada and attending an interview and getting selected. E3 needs an LCA which means companies have publish they have recruited a foreign worker, companies need to work with immigration attorneys etc. These are not something small companies on limited budget or no immigration department prefer particularly without knowing the employee well, compared to TN which is supposedly easier.

P.s- I forgot to mention earlier I work for a IT outsourcer with a global presence they don't do E3 prefer H1b if the employee has old ones where 6 years is not expired or the employee has immigrant approvals etc... or do L1s because of the uniformity they have implemented in their Internal systems with HR and immigration. They seem to have learnt their lesson some where that E3 is not a good one to use for their employees
Wow! I did not know that E-3 needed LCA. That makes TN markedly more valuable. For me this is not really a factor but sure! It makes Canadian passport generally more valuable. Though E-3 also allows an open work auth for spouse so it kind of sort of compensates to a small extent.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Every assignments we submit goes through a Plagiarism tool. So if we are found to have plagiarized something, we are done. One of my classmates got caught and he got a D (or F) grade. Since it will stay on his transcript he had to transfer to a shitty school in Houston just to remove that D from his transcript and re did his coursework from his 2nd semester because US only accepts 9 to 12 transfer credits for internationals which is one semester. He is doing well now.
Indeed! Even in my college (IIT-D) this was a thing back in 0Xs. Getting caught for plagiarism will get you a one way ticket to DISCO -- a kangaroo court of professors who were too keen at making your life hard apart from your academic report.

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Follow this: Find a company that has presence in US and Canada. Get a job in their Canadian branch for a Managerial role. Lobby within your organization for a move to US via L1A. You should have worked in the Canadian branch for at least 1 year before you are eligible for a L1A. I have seen folks at 30 moving to US on a L1A. You don't necessarily need to work in a large org, you can work in a start up too. There is no salary requirement unlike H1B. Once you move to US via L1A, then you will be eligible for EB1 GC and no matter where you are born, you will get your GC within a year or two.
And hire a Gujju or a Chinese immigration lawyer too...

BTW, these days EB1s are also trailing by 6.5-7 years for Indians .... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-october-2023.html

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony and RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I totally agree, same time zones EST,CST,PST...and simply being able to drive across the border are the biggest plus factors for IT workers in Canada. What pains me personally though is this has also become a gate way for poorer quality. Individuals who outsourcers ignored even for H1b are largely using this route now because of Canada's adoption of Lambda'ing strategy.
Once it becomes a news, someone from republicans will harp that TN should also need a LCA or something else. Thankfully most Lambdas are diploma holders in something useless.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
L1B is like H1B except that L1B is not lottery based. L1B has same wait period like H1B if you are from India because you will be applying for GC via EB2. Try L1A or just move to US via TN. No point in being in US on a L1B or H1B.
What if you are not Indian? Is L1B worth it? I am not Managerial level. Have <3 years of exp at this point but my company is US headquartered and we operate in a North America model. 75% of people I interact with are US based

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Reactions: Lord_Tony

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
yes if the immigrants end goal is to move the USA and there is either no family or they are also supportive of the move lol. My kids will lynch me if I ask them to move once more unless IRCC screw us real bad.
Cost of living is already screwing us, there is no need for IRCC to do anything. It's unbelievable how bad things have become, everything is expensive for no reason. I doubt any sane people would want to stay long term.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Cost of living is already screwing us, there is no need for IRCC to do anything. It's unbelievable how bad things have become, everything is expensive for no reason. I doubt any sane people would want to stay long term.
Just for context, isn't this cost of living a problem only from the last 2-3 years?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
My boys don't care whether I save more money for retirement or not right? Their needs get met anyway, demands keep increasing daily. They won't move out of Canada, as they lose their friends again. I can only convince them to move if IRCC chooses to screw my PR application and like Trump try to send me to the Sh*tH*le country I came from.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
My boys don't care whether I save more money for retirement or not right? Their needs get met anyway, demands keep increasing daily. They won't move out of Canada, as they lose their friends again. I can only convince them to move if IRCC chooses to screw my PR application and like Trump try to send me to the Sh*tH*le country I came from.
Is it really that bad in your home country?

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Can someone with a PR apply for USA green card lottery ? Would this affect negatively their status as PR or for citizenship after ? :rolleyes: