+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes the outsourcing market screwed the H1B and the L1A/B visas for more than 2 decades now. I heard one of my Pakistani subordinate's who is eager to get a L1B but I don't support his case, he daily grumbles that a lot of 25 year old Indians who get green cards using some loophole in the L1A visa whereas I don't let him migrate.
Can you educate me on L1A visa a little bit? What factors matter on whether it is approved? Country of application, citizenship, company size, salary? Asking for a friend

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Can you educate me on L1A visa a little bit? What factors matter on whether it is approved? Country of application, citizenship, company size, salary? Asking for a friend
All of them.

It is fairly difficult to get it approved from India. Much easier to get it approved from Canada.

If you have a first world passport its easier than an Indian passport. Indian/Global South (TM) passport can attract "administrative processing".

If your company is well know, it is easier. If it is a three men and a goat, its harder. Counter intuitively, if your company is big one, it is likely VO will remember the reasons given for you having specialized knowledge. A lot of my friends have been called out for saying exact same lawyer recommended BS that their colleagues have said.

I think most companies will work out salary properly, unless it is a really weird one.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
L1A is for Managers, folks think it is for IT, but in reality it is not necessarily in IT. Whenever I go to the USA embassy I see all these folks from all walks like most of them not-IT telling stories to visa officers and surprisingly get their L1As quite easily. The embassy VO check the role one plays in managing personnel in the company, a hierarchy, a budget, approving timesheets, performance appraisals, they see that you manage a department etc.. You will be surprised that the HR / other general admin like building managers or security officers are the ones who surprisingly often get L1A because of the nature of the asks in this visa from the USA governments and the applicants affinity to companies senior leadership, legal and immigration etc...
The L1B is a very tricky one, yes outsourcing firms companies use it to get junior developers who didn't get a h1b. If the interviewee gets a nice officer they might get it if they end with a angry person, the VO will dig if the person knows any Company proprietary or IP which the applicant brings often subjective and can be rejected. If the person has the right company specific IP or proprietary skills yes the applicant is in a good zone.

Last edited:

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I don't know what loophole which Indian 25 year old use though, nor had the patience to research that. I should qualify for a L1A. I may choose do that after becoming a Canadian citizen and kids graduate I'll be almost 50 then.
My office clown is so low IQ, he doesn't get it I by not approving his case for L1B, am saving him from a potential black listing in the USA gov. His does no Company proprietary or IP work hence doesn't qualify. If he gets a bad visa officer, after a visa rejection he will lose his ability to do visa less travel to the USA as naturalized Canadian citizen.
He is so determined I'm doing this to show superiority goes around emailing the HR and other big bosses who also ignore him. Grow-up mate.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I don't know what loophole which Indian 25 year old use though, nor had the patience to research that. I should qualify for a L1A. I may choose do that after becoming a Canadian citizen and kids graduate I'll be almost 50 then.
My office clown is so low IQ, he doesn't get it I by not approving his case for L1B, am saving him from a potential black listing in the USA gov. His does no Company proprietary or IP work hence doesn't qualify. If he gets a bad visa officer, after a visa rejection he will lose his ability to do visa less travel to the USA as naturalized Canadian citizen.
He is so determined I'm doing this to show superiority goes around emailing the HR and other big bosses who also ignore him. Grow-up mate.
Let him blacklist himself lol

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
L1A is for Managers, folks think it is for IT, but in reality it is not necessarily in IT. Whenever I go to the USA embassy I see all these folks from all walks like most of them not-IT telling stories to visa officers and surprisingly get their L1As quite easily. The embassy VO check the role one plays in managing personnel in the company, a hierarchy, a budget, approving timesheets, performance appraisals, they see that you manage a department etc.. You will be surprised that the HR / other general admin like building managers or security officers are the ones who surprisingly often get L1A because of the nature of the asks in this visa from the USA governments and the applicants affinity to companies senior leadership, legal and immigration etc...
The L1B is a very tricky one, yes outsourcing firms companies use it to get junior developers who didn't get a h1b. If the interviewee gets a nice officer they might get it if they end with a angry person, the VO will dig if the person knows any Company proprietary or IP which the applicant brings often subjective and can be rejected. If the person has the right company specific IP or proprietary skills yes the applicant is in a good zone.
Interesting. I'll need to look into the L1b

Reactions: Lord_Tony

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I have no idea where you got this info about all H1B workers being masters graduates. Indian consulting firms like TCS and Infosys send thousands of tech workers to the US every year. Many of them who have subpar language and technical skills. My own brother has worked with them and he’s claimed that a lot of them have garbage communication skills and have difficulty forming emails. They’re literally offered as cheap labour alternatives for American workers. It’s only the FAANG companies who recruit the cream of the crop from India and other countries.
We were talking about study route not direct route. Masters vs graduate certificate. H1B vs WorkPermit+PR

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I have seen enough people from USC stay in US that I do not think there is any kind of merit involved in visa decisions anywhere. USC gives admission to anyone with a pulse and big enough money bag.
USC never was a top school. I don't know why people thought it was something special. USC was designed for California students who were mostly celebrities or their children. They are the type of school that doesn't need to do research or prove anything to get grants. They automatically get them from Hollywood parents.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Why will USCIS go through so much trouble to do it "internally"? Do you think bureaucrats are policy makers? They are executors and will not put any further effort than needed. If US government WANTS that policy, they will add conditions to H1B. Remember, USCIS will have to also defend their decisions if they are challenged in court. If such details leak out or found out, it will be much bigger trouble for them.
If they declare it's not a lottery or add conditions openly, then it means the applications and demand for it drops drastically and America becomes a less attractive destination. By calling it a lottery, people will like to enrol and know their chances of winning it. Visa rejections can be challenged in court, but USCIS doesn't need to show its system in public court with public records. That would be a national security problem.

Things like these have a security clearance level to access. it's not the next iPhone that leaks around. Just based on talking to friends who went to MIT and CMU and CalTech I can tell you they never hear visa rejections from their cohort unless they really goof up their applications. They aren't even asked questions at interviews (happened to me too).

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
We were talking about study route not direct route. Masters vs graduate certificate. H1B vs WorkPermit+PR
Tbh from what I've heard, even US Master's programs are full of Indians and Chinese and educational standards are lower than research programs. Most have never heard of plagiarism. 90% of Americans unless they got for a PhD don't pursue Master's

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If they declare it's not a lottery or add conditions openly, then it means the applications and demand for it drops drastically and America becomes a less attractive destination. By calling it a lottery, people will like to enrol and know their chances of winning it. Visa rejections can be challenged in court, but USCIS doesn't need to show its system in public court with public records. That would be a national security problem.
Errrr.... Nope!

1. BEFORE lottrery it was FCFS and the visa used to get over in hours for whole yeaar. This is why lottery was introduced. So I highly doubt there will ever be an issue of demand.

2. Nope. Visa eligibility is not a national security problem, certain people can be national security issue and they are checked by so called administrative processing.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
USC never was a top school. I don't know why people thought it was something special. USC was designed for California students who were mostly celebrities or their children. They are the type of school that doesn't need to do research or prove anything to get grants. They automatically get them from Hollywood parents.
And yet folks coming out of USC get their H1B easy as pie.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Things like these have a security clearance level to access. it's not the next iPhone that leaks around. Just based on talking to friends who went to MIT and CMU and CalTech I can tell you they never hear visa rejections from their cohort unless they really goof up their applications. They aren't even asked questions at interviews (happened to me too).
Obviously, having an accept or a research position in these univs reduces doubts about overstaying and violating visa terms. If you are doing javascript classes from Long Island College of Liberal Arts, Witchcraft and Wizardry then of course it will invite a deeper look. They do not prefer these schools as such but genuineness of other very less known school does raise suspicion.

I saw this, one of my colleague applied for B1 visa he was let in easily. He was telling me another guy in the line was literally crying because it was their 9th attempt and they were rejected. Because they were working for some non-descript IT consultancy firm.

YNWA

Jun 20, 2019
Guys do you anticipate IRCC to conduct at least one Health Care category draw before this year ends ??

Secondly what categories are you anticipating that IRCC will select next year ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Guys do you anticipate IRCC to conduct at least one Health Care category draw before this year ends ??
I sincerely think they will. Health Care in Canada is the most important field that desperately needs fresh worker now!

Secondly what categories are you anticipating that IRCC will select next year ?
French for sure. Trade and Transportation. Health Care.