+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I despise Canada, but I'll always look at it with kindness and maybe even sympathy as it goes down the drain. People here openly make fun of Trudeau, heckle and boo him in public, yet I'd take Trudeau over Modi any day.
Heckling or booing in India will have the UAPA slapped against you, jail with no legal recourse.

India is so toxic in so many ways that its unimaginable for some people to go back to permanently.
Modi's 2nd term as PM is coming to an end and he has never held a simple press conference in the country despite 90% of the major press being in his pocket. If China is a paper tiger, wonder what analogy will be fit for India.

Last edited:

Arod

May 15, 2017
India is a cricket crazed country. Soccer has been an after thought. And in cricket India does shine.
Well, I mean that shouldn't be so difficult when there are only like 6 or 8 countries that take Cricket seriously, most of them tiny islands.

Football on the other hand...

Reactions: alexross

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Seriously, after seeing Canada's immigration system and policies up and close, I wonder how much messy their rest of the systems are. Still less messier than American systems.

I can not even comment on Indian system. Thankful, in India most of the implementers are very corrupt. Keeps the wheels churning and things going.
Some of the worsts in Canada from personal experience:
Canada Post (Hands down the worst of all)
TTC in GTA.
Police.
Service Ontario
My leasing office.
Banks.
Bus Drivers.
Arrogant customer service almost everywhere.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I despise Canada, but I'll always look at it with kindness and maybe even sympathy as it goes down the drain. People here openly make fun of Trudeau, heckle and boo him in public, yet I'd take Trudeau over Modi any day.
Heckling or booing in India will have the UAPA slapped against you, jail with no legal recourse.

India is so toxic in so many ways that its unimaginable for some people to go back to permanently.
Modi's 2nd term as PM is coming to an end and he has never held a simple press conference in the country despite 90% of the major press being in his pocket. If China is a paper tiger, wonder what analogy will be fit for India.
Only time we ever had was in 2019 and Amit Shah was answering all the questions while dear leader was seen sitting like a child next to his weird Uncle.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
1.4 bln, mind boggling number if you think about it, so much talent is just wasted sportswise.
Its the mindset of the people who opt for education over sports. Due to huge population, one person in sports will be competing with several thousands for one place, so India doesn't produce a lot of talent in sports. This is why India has large amount of Engineers and Doctors and STEM degree holders. For a fact, India has more grads even bigger than China. I am sure these numbers will grow super faster than Canadian population rate in the next two decades.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

There was a time when I actually supported BJP government (yeah it seems so impossible now and foolish) because of speed of development work done by likes of Gadkari and unification of mandate despite caste divide. I had fought people over it.

But over time I have fully realized that the pure evil, hate and polarization they are bringing is way over any fast development they do. Its just too much and most of it is even unneeded. There are things that have ZERO explanation and some of them seems really petty. There is no reason to let manipur burn. There was simply no reason to do a large scale demolition they did in Nuh. There was no reason to support that pervert of a sports minister. There is simply no reason to vilify entire communities. Other than, BJP regime being evil for the sake of being evil. From top to bottom. They dont even gain anything out of it.

Reactions: alexross and RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well, I mean that shouldn't be so difficult when there are only like 6 or 8 countries that take Cricket seriously, most of them tiny islands.
:)
Rest assured, most of the cricket playing nations are not tiny island. Pakistan, Australia (well... its ... an island you can say if a continent can be an island), South Africa, Zimbabwe. That being said they were once ruled by a tiny island but they are not islands of themselves. In terms of population they will be sizeable given big nations like India and Pakistan.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
There was a time when I actually supported BJP government (yeah it seems so impossible now and foolish) because of speed of development work done by likes of Gadkari and unification of mandate despite caste divide. I had fought people over it.

But over time I have fully realized that the pure evil, hate and polarization they are bringing is way over any fast development they do. Its just too much and most of it is even unneeded. There are things that have ZERO explanation and some of them seems really petty. There is no reason to let manipur burn. There was simply no reason to do a large scale demolition they did in Nuh. There was no reason to support that pervert of a sports minister. There is simply no reason to vilify entire communities. Other than, BJP regime being evil for the sake of being evil. From top to bottom. They dont even gain anything out of it.
Are you sure those developments you speak about are attributable to BJP government? Seems to me development was fast in India regardless of who was in power post y2k as it was driven by the outsourcing boom. I am not sure if any particular government really should get credit. It was the outsourcing pioneers that brought in all the wealth, the only thing the governments did perhaps was not actively stop them. The outsourcing companies probably had to do a lot of palm greasing to get the business up and running though. To me it is the early leaders of the IT/Ites sectors in India who are the real heroes, thankfully the government did not activley thwart their efforts. Once somebody else has done all the hardwork to bring in the money, anyone can build infrastructure with that is my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hopeful007

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Are you sure those developments you speak about are attributable to BJP government?
Yes. Quite a few of them. They have been up to it since the beginning. Faltering a many times but certainly up to it. Here is a "ChatGPTish" list (its from my own memory).

1. Proposed Land Reform of 2014 (abandonded due to popular pressure).

2. Labour reform.

3. Farm laws reform ( abandonded due to popular protest) --- Believe me when I say this; Farm laws in India are the bane of the country, its food security and its farmers income. I have few books that cover this. The entire APMC system and Mandis are chokeful of crony corrupt traders and goons.

4. Infra spending. More roads built than in the entire history of the country. Rail lines upgrade underway. This is major. India has a massive rail netwrok and typically political parties score brownie points by starting new trains. Yes, BJP does it too and spectacularly at that but no one really tries to upgrade rail lines because it is not glamourous.

5. Local sourcing by changing laws. Here is one example. In india, incense sticks are produced in India and used internally and exported to other countries. Its a small cottage industry kind of setup. Its biggest input comes from China in form of bamboos which form core of the stick. We have our own bamboo growth and it grows very fast but never used as an industry input. Why? Because in India till very recently Bamboo was considered a "tree" in laws. So cutting it requires very long process of environmental clearance. Govt reclassified Bamboos as "grass" correctly. It now forms an important industrial input. A very small but VERY important change.

These are just few from the top of my head.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes. Quite a few of them. They have been up to it since the beginning. Faltering a many times but certainly up to it. Here is a "ChatGPTish" list (its from my own memory).

1. Proposed Land Reform of 2014 (abandonded due to popular pressure).

2. Labour reform.

3. Farm laws reform ( abandonded due to popular protest) --- Believe me when I say this; Farm laws in India are the bane of the country, its food security and its farmers income. I have few books that cover this. The entire APMC system and Mandis are chokeful of crony corrupt traders and goons.

4. Infra spending. More roads built than in the entire history of the country. Rail lines upgrade underway. This is major. India has a massive rail netwrok and typically political parties score brownie points by starting new trains. Yes, BJP does it too and spectacularly at that but no one really tries to upgrade rail lines because it is not glamourous.

5. Local sourcing by changing laws. Here is one example. In india, incense sticks are produced in India and used internally and exported to other countries. Its a small cottage industry kind of setup. Its biggest input comes from China in form of bamboos which form core of the stick. We have our own bamboo growth and it grows very fast but never used as an industry input. Why? Because in India till very recently Bamboo was considered a "tree" in laws. So cutting it requires very long process of environmental clearance. Govt reclassified Bamboos as "grass" correctly. It now forms an important industrial input. A very small but VERY important change.

These are just few from the top of my head.
How did Modi get the nickname, the Butcher of Gujarat? Pretty interesting name to get. Did he slaughter a whole bunch of cows or something

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How did Modi get the nickname, the Butcher of Gujarat? Pretty interesting name to get. Did he slaughter a whole bunch of cows or something
Why do you ask me this question? Whats the intent here?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I have heard he only vegan food, he was in Sydney, Australia 2015, OMG I have never seen such a crowd ever even in local Aussie events. He is a rockstar I have heard.

Last edited:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I have heard he is pure vegetarian, he was in Sydney, Australia 2015, OMG I have never seen such a crowd ever even in local Aussie events. He is a rockstar I have heard.
Paid crowd+Free food+ Fanatics. He is Rockstar (Or a better PR manager) in the north. But he is less popular down south.