Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I totally understand your point. It would be the same with FSW applicants and PNP also right?
Most FSW and PNP applicants don't live in a dungeon with 50 others or serve food in Tim Hortons.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The funny thing is the government is convinced international students are "lucrative" because they bring money in to the Canadian economy. What they don't realize is that money is temporary. Most students from India study on a loan from an Indian bank. When they finish the studies they take a Canadian job (which drives down wages for Canadians) and then instead of spending their earnings inside the Canadian economy, they return the money back to India to pay back the Indian bank with interest. So the money leaves Canada and back to India in a few years. If you think about it, it is actually a net negative for Canada.
There is definitely a good use case to include international students in the PR pipeline to get young applications into the EE pool. However, the perspective that international students are cash cows is beyond ridiculous.
Given the inward remittance stats I see, the money is actually consumed within Canada. The percentage of Indians who land in Canada and send money home are very tiny. Your wrong assumption that money leaves Canada is wrong. These stats are no different for any other nationality on a quick check either. Students are lucrative for bringing in money and for cheap labour. Canadian economy needs quick cash schemes to survive.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Given the inward remittance stats I see, the money is actually consumed within Canada. The percentage of Indians who land in Canada and send money home are very tiny. Your wrong assumption that money leaves Canada is wrong. These stats are no different for any other nationality on a quick check either. Students are lucrative for bringing in money and for cheap labour. Canadian economy needs quick cash schemes to survive.
I don't believe those remittance stats capture the loan amounts going back and forth correctly. According to the remittance stats for 2021 money going from India to Canada is only 2.58 million. Even in 2021, there should have been billions of dollars flowing towards Canada from India that students are bringing in. Where is the remittance showing the incoming money international students are bringing in? If it doesn't show students' money coming in to Canada why would it show their money flowing out again?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1379486/bilateral-remittances-canada/

Also are you suggesting that Indians are not taking loans to study in Canada? Literally every article says students are mortgaging the farms and houses to raise money to study in Canada. Are they not paying those loans back?

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I don't believe those remittance stats capture the loan amounts going back and forth correctly. According to the remittance stats for 2021 money going from India to Canada is only 2.58 million. Even in 2021, there should have been billions of dollars flowing towards Canada from India that students are bringing in. Where is the remittance showing the incoming money international students are bringing in? If it doesn't show students' money coming in to Canada why would it show their money flowing out again?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1379486/bilateral-remittances-canada/

Also are you suggesting that Indians are not taking loans to study in Canada? Literally every article says students are mortgaging the farms and houses to raise money to study in Canada. Are they not paying those loans back?
Not debating loans, just debating the remittance number itself. Those loans are $30k-40k and very tiny compared to inward remittances from immigrants that went to other countries. Given the sheer number of immigrants in Canada, remittances shouldn't have been this tiny. It only shows one thing, that Canada brings underperforming immigrants from most countries who usually do anything more than minimum wage jobs.

$30-40k over a lifetime of an immigrant is nothing at the end.

Reactions: alexross

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Not debating loans, just debating the remittance number itself. Those loans are $30k-40k and very tiny compared to inward remittances from immigrants that went to other countries. Given the sheer number of immigrants in Canada, remittances shouldn't have been this tiny. It only shows one thing, that Canada brings underperforming immigrants from most countries who usually do anything more than minimum wage jobs.

$30-40k over a lifetime of an immigrant is nothing at the end.
One of the reasons for low remittances could be the underperforming immigrants like you said. I believe another reason is that in the US, many immigrants are on a temporary visa like an H1b or L1b. They hesitate to buy property there. They typically rent in the US and send back most of their savings to India and buy as much properties in India as they can because they know they will most likely return to India at some point. In Canada, immigrants get the PR quite quickly and buy properties here so there isn't really much need to send money back to India when compared to all the temp workers in the US. This applies to other places like middle east as well where there is almost no scope of permanent residency for Indians.

Last edited:

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Is the new law about podcasts such a big thing, everyone including musk are blasting JT and Canada, doesn't Canada have bigger fish to fry?

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is the new law about podcasts such a big thing, everyone including musk are blasting JT and Canada, doesn't Canada have bigger fish to fry?
That's what I was thinking too. I didn't wanted to read more about it as I spent my weekly news quota on reading the "Nazi" event, anyone knows why is it such a big news? I guess, anything that has to do with voice chat rooms/broadcasts are impacted by this law and that's why Elon Musk is pissed off, but not sure what the actual deal here.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
He's using the Trump playbook. Basically create another fuck-up so they stop talking about your previous one. Changing the channel. The aim to stop people from talking about the whole Natsi thing.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Landed back in Canada on a Delhi to Toronto flight, it was full but there were pretty much no one in the citizens/permanent residents queue during exit. I asked a few people and they were either students or work permit holders, some were on closed work permits too. I thought at least half of them would be PR's considering there were many families with children, kind of shocking.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Landed back in Canada on a Delhi to Toronto flight, it was full but there were pretty much no one in the citizens/permanent residents queue during exit. I asked a few people and they were either students or work permit holders, some were on closed work permits too. I thought at least half of them would be PR's considering there were many families with children, kind of shocking.
The new underclass

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
With 1 million students per year they need many more of these flights and seneca colleges.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Funny right? This is because PR is sitting at home and waiting for the CoPR to land and build a life. Meanwhile students and work permit holders are enjoying. This is the reason people choose student visas cause they know PR will take years, best to just go there and become an illegal if nothing works out.

Nothing is fair anymore in this world, if you can cheat and become successful then cool. As they say - No good deed goes unpunished. Honest PR holders have to keep on waiting to get their file processed. Meanwhile "Lambda" college students take up space.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Funny right? This is because PR is sitting at home and waiting for the CoPR to land and build a life. Meanwhile students and work permit holders are enjoying. This is the reason people choose student visas cause they know PR will take years, best to just go there and become an illegal if nothing works out.

Nothing is fair anymore in this world, if you can cheat and become successful then cool. As they say - No good deed goes unpunished. Honest PR holders have to keep on waiting to get their file processed. Meanwhile "Lambda" college students take up space.
Don't envy them. They will get used, abused, chewed up and then once they realize they have no hope of PR they will go back to their country. Then they will make video, "Dark Reality of Canada" "Why I left Canada" on youtube

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Don't envy them. They will get used, abused, chewed up and then once they realize they have no hope of PR they will go back to their country. Then they will make video, "Dark Reality of Canada" "Why I left Canada" on youtube
True but you are wrong about going back to their country part. They will neve leave. They will use LMIA and other loop holes to stay in the country. These students get into useless colleges knowing about it and then pretend to be ignorant. What do you think do they care about rules and laws. They do not.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
True but you are wrong about going back to their country part. They will neve leave. They will use LMIA and other loop holes to stay in the country. These students get into useless colleges knowing about it and then pretend to be ignorant. What do you think do they care about rules and laws. They do not.
A closed work permit gives too much power to the employer. The first thing I did when I filed my PR was to apply for BOWP.