App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
A pathway to either homelessness or crazy debt. What good is the Canadian citizenship when you can't live here? Eat here. Go to a hospital here. (rhetorical)
At least you can eat in Saudi. I kid I kid.

But to see a G7 nation's immigration system being hyphenated with the worst possible immigration system out there is surreal.
I was talking to a an old friend a Canadian citizen who lives and works in Qatar, he says he has the best of both worlds. Kids attend college in Canada, husband and wife make north of 400k USD in Qatar, hardly spend 50 so for living in Doha. I assume they stash the rest in Canadian real-estate. They vacation every 2-3 months all over Europe/USA/Canada enjoy the weather and liberty.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well it is just common sense where low quality workforce is more priority than high quality one. As @Shadow09 said life is unfair and I just want to see people opinion on STEM draw not this far loll
If you are high quality then ask your employer to file an LMIA for you.

US is likely to be more affordable than Canada. Right?
US is basically using all the illegals from southern border as cheap labor. They work for below min wage and are basically close to slaves. Basically, these guys live so their children get US citizenship and have a chance at the good life.

Then, there's the H1B employee. Earns a lot of money but you're basically on eggshells and beholden to your employer until you can find a new master. Or until someone takes pity on you and files for GC. Doesn't apply for Indians and Chinese though

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Not my place to say anything, but entry level workers that primarily do entry-level jobs shouldn't be blindly invited for a PR. Most invited for PR are CECs these days and the job market is full of poor applicants with Canadian education. It hasn't done the job market any favor except for spamming it with poor applications. This has fundamental challenges with reduced labour productivity that too when employers are already struggling to train entry-level workers.

I also see other comments from you where you said CRS appears to be unattainable. I'm 30+, outland, I had ~520 as my CRS. If I can do it, so can you.

Millions of students who were extremely unqualified to begin with (back home) have landed in Canada - no one leaves an elite school in their home country to graduate from these fodder institutions. Millions of them do minimum wage work too - none of those activities put them in the same bracket as a qualified student or a qualified worker that is an outlander.

When you say "they should get a PR there should be no question about that" - those would be my own objections as it would be unreasonable to bloat this poor education-> PR route any further than it already has. It has hurt an immigrant's image (which I'm okay with, but that isn't the general sentiment here) and it has led to a crisis(which can't be solved by giving PR to millions who will be nothing but a burden through non-equitable contributions).

I get what you are feeling. But, PR is no one's right. Even when I was at ~520 CRS and the draws were paused, I thought maybe I missed my chance. And I was okay to move on and work on the next thing(C-11 pathway). I'm just appreciate of Canada for handing out a citizenship opportunity to me without pumping in $200k-$500k (which is realistically the cost of getting a citizenship in first world countries).
CEC etc are in themselves are not a bad thing. The REAL bad issue are those diploma mills that should be weeded out or no study permit should be given for those or no PGWP should be given for those ones. Keep the education sector clean and respectable and you will have much less CEC candidates and much higher quality ones.

It is much harder to get a WP from abroad based on LMIA. So that path is not as much of a question.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
LMIA does not considers quality of a person only that he or she or they or ze or it will not displace a Canadian from the labour market.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I was talking to a an old friend a Canadian citizen who lives and works in Qatar, he say he was the best of both worlds. Kids attend college in Canada, husband and wife make north of 400k USD in Qatar, hardly spend 50 so for living in Doha. I assume they stash the rest in Canadian real-estate. They vacation every 2-3 months all over Europe/USA/Canada enjoy the weather and liberty.
Mouth watering numbers, but often the reality. 50k usd per year would get you a decently lavish life in Qatar.
Most successful Canadians I know generally live outside Canada. Some just have a single house here for safety's sake.
They also got their Canadian citizenship when Canada was much more affordable adding salt to the wounds of recent immigrants lol

Anyway..

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
CEC etc are in themselves are not a bad thing. The REAL bad issue are those diploma mills that should be weeded out or no study permit should be given for those or no PGWP should be given for those ones. Keep the education sector clean and respectable and you will have much less CEC candidates and much higher quality ones.

It is much harder to get a WP from abroad based on LMIA. So that path is not as much of a question.
Totally agree with you.

US is basically using all the illegals from southern border as cheap labor. They work for below min wage and are basically close to slaves. Basically, these guys live so their children get US citizenship and have a chance at the good life.

Then, there's the H1B employee. Earns a lot of money but you're basically on eggshells and beholden to your employer until you can find a new master. Or until someone takes pity on you and files for GC. Doesn't apply for Indians and Chinese though
Big company does not do LMIA and mine is also US conpany so they do not offer that.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Mouth watering numbers, but often the reality. 50k usd per year would get you a decently lavish life in Qatar.
Most successful Canadians I know generally live outside Canada. Some just have a single house here for safety's sake.
They also got their Canadian citizenship when Canada was much more affordable adding salt to the wounds of recent immigrants lol

Anyway..
Do remember that Canada taxes its citizens world wide income. To keep yourself totally outside Canada's taxes you will have to show that you have no economic ties to Canada.

ie No account in Canada, No close relatives (sons daughter, wife, husband, mistress) living in Canada, No property in canada, No stored house hold items in Canada, No loans in Canada and so on. Its a bit hard.

Otherwise be ready to pay 50% of our income in tax.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023

Anyway..
May be you should do that after getting your Passport also.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I was talking to a an old friend a Canadian citizen who lives and works in Qatar, he says he has the best of both worlds. Kids attend college in Canada, husband and wife make north of 400k USD in Qatar, hardly spend 50 so for living in Doha. I assume they stash the rest in Canadian real-estate. They vacation every 2-3 months all over Europe/USA/Canada enjoy the weather and liberty.
Being an expat seems to be the way to go for building wealth these days unless you're making @GandiBaat money. International NGO organizations aren;t too bad either. Income is not taxed. Quality will life will suffer through if you're posted in Africa or Middle East. South America or East Asia would be nice.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I was a good student in the US and worked there too. There was no point system and I had to perish. Now tell me whats fair and not?
So bro its simple - LIFE IS UNFAIR. It's survival of the fittest.
Actually, its not even the survival of the fittest. If it was then it would be fair. Case in point a Nepali will be able to get a US-GC without much issues on the exact same or lower qualification as that of an Indian on EB2-B NIW path way. Does it mean a Nepali is naturally more fit to live in USA? I doubt it.

Its simply, Life is unfair. Thats it.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Being an expat seems to be the way to go for building wealth these days unless you're making @GandiBaat money. International NGO organizations aren;t too bad either. Income is not taxed. Quality will life will suffer through if you're posted in Africa or Middle East. South America or East Asia would be nice.
I will say, most of Canadian employers are very pathetic in paying salaries. Best thing you can do is to find a high paying non-Canadian employer. Your place of residence is not that much of an issue.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Can anyone please explain to me why they always emphasize STEM category with impressive high ITAs number but in reality, the most ITAs category is French? Even healthcare does not have that much ITAs.
I think what they are saying is that STEM, health care are federal ITAs and French ones are for Quebec. They couldn't force Quebec to increase their limit, so they are basically trying to circumvent the province.

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
I think what they are saying is that STEM, health care are federal ITAs and French ones are for Quebec. They couldn't force Quebec to increase their limit, so they are basically trying to circumvent the province.
I do not think so because with EE they cannot settle in Quebec tho

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
May be you should do that after getting your Passport also.
Oh I will, but we had a discussion here where GandiBaat said immigration shouldn't be based on want of a passport, but based on your skills. Right now I have a dearth of both so I'm working towards that with the gifts (the PR) I have.

Even those people earning in Qatar must be in some way very skilled or very very lucky. (btw I know some unskilled but lucky people working in the Royal palaces making millions)

@GandiBaat unfortunately I know about the harsh non residency requirement in Canada requirement. Will find a way around it or not buy anything here. I'm just worried that they'll change the system to do what USA does, get taxed no matter what your status is! Unimaginable.

@Impatient Dankaroo i was born an expat, will likely die an expat. Not very enjoyable but what can you do eh.