Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Can you explain to me why the Sikhs want independence? You say you are from South so I assume you are Punjabi?
Punjabis are from North and I am Tamil from South. I seriously don't know why they want a separate nation. But, I am also pretty sure the majority Sikhs don't want it and don't support it.

Reactions: wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You seem more worried about how India is looking in front of the world than with finding the truth about the allegations.
Not really. I am irritated that people of my own diaspora work tirelessly to screw their origin country and in process themself up royally. They go beyond any reasonable limit. To know this you have to live the life of an Indian immigrant or know it intimately. It shows everywhere. I can further elaborate but then I will be going in the realm of "India" which is not really suitable to this board and this threads. God knows I have strayed enough from the topic of this entire forum.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Can you explain to me why the Sikhs want independence? You say you are from South so I assume you are Punjabi?
Its a topic in itself. The quickest way is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_movement . There are too many details to fit. Too many angles. Too many variables. I cannt vouch for the accuracy of a wikipedia article but I think that is the most accessible one.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Forget about diasporas, leave all of that behind, you decided to move to Canada, Canada should be your priority now.
Oh I do. Thing is diaspora in itself will not forget me because it is all around me. In my workplace everywhere.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well according to JT, the angst is not about a foreigner killed on canadian soil, but a CANADIAN CITIZEN killed on canadian soil.

JT has some daft tendencies but I bet he is not so dense as to make this grave accusation without some evidence.

More idiotic to me though, is PP who knows very well that JT will not be able to publicly provide the evidence they have, but is demanding that he do so, pontificating just to rile up his base.

Politicians make me sick. The whole lot of them.
Yeah I know the soverignity angle. I will not belabour about how everyone does it. Just that, its an investigation incomplete. His own minister told that he went public because he had to pre-empt the news papers. Which raises doubt on how much is the evidence actually and what is his motivation.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Sometimes I really HATE to be an Indian diaspora person. My own fellow diaspora members have this weird kind of hate towards their own country that is not explainable by anything else. I do not know where this comes from but it is really illogical and deep rooted. You will never see anyone else go to the extremes as our diaspora goes. Some of them copy the talking points of White nationalist right wing folks left right and centre! Its bizarre! And a lot of them are not even minorities from India who are facing major issues lately!

How the heck does it work! I can understand frustration with India. I can understand every emotion but why this weird kind of hate? Its like they are ready to not ask jump how high but also add a roll over in their jump. Sometimes they jump even when no one is looking.

May be I don't know because I am not originally from India for generations like they are. I have not seen Pakistan, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshi do it. Its uniquely Indian charecterstic.

Sorry I just went on a rant... I had to get it out of my head. Its a weird thing that is always irritating me. Like you know a bunch of lemings going to drown themself and you can just stand watching them do it.
I know. I feel the same. The unreasonable self-hate is definitely hard to deal with. People here talk about Indian discrimination/lawlessness as if any other nationality or even Canadians don't do it. I do see some of us definitely fucked up and we all will have to deal with the consequences by association. I wanted to leave this forum a while back, but I think we've a moral duty to support other immigrants who would otherwise be shamed into existence by some people here.

We just have to keep a thick skin mode on. This hate will go down sooner or later.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You seem more worried about how India is looking in front of the world than with finding the truth about the allegations.

Forget about diasporas, leave all of that behind, you decided to move to Canada, Canada should be your priority now.
We are not worried about how we look tbh - I'm fine with someone calling me a squatter, smelly, etc. We are worried about the impact of poor generalizations on people like us who are doing everything right and will be put in the way of hate for absolutely no reason.

We do want to leave our old identities behind, that's what he's saying too. Unfortunately, we can't change our skin color. What maybe 0.5% people do will be generalized on 99.5% people - that's where we don't really like it.

There's a big chance that JT has put a lot of unnecessary hate to our way for no reason with his theatrics. Follow protocols, going to the international court, filing cases, etc - that's what he should've done. He could've said a few words to ensure our safety and security, or had created a program to safeguard safety of our group before he did this. A lot of us are angry about it tbh. Who bears the consequences if he has no evidence or if someone innocent gets targeted because of what he did?

Pretty asshole move. I never thought I would actually have to be cautious about moving to a first world country. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but JT and his incompetent governance have historically failed to secure others when things were way better - no guarantee that it'll be any better. You don't even know who we are dealing with. These separatist have blown away an entire plane in the past - JT just added fuel to the fire.

Maybe one day when you'll be shamed for your existence and for something that you can't change, maybe then you'll understand what we are going through here every single day. It is very hard to understand, but whether I like it or not, India will be my identifier as my skin color screams it ffs!

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I know. I feel the same. The unreasonable self-hate is definitely hard to deal with. People here talk about Indian discrimination/lawlessness as if any other nationality or even Canadians don't do it. I do see some of us definitely fucked up and we all will have to deal with the consequences by association. I wanted to leave this forum a while back, but I think we've a moral duty to support other immigrants who would otherwise be shamed into existence by some people here.

We just have to keep a thick skin mode on. This hate will go down sooner or later.
Bad time to be Indian, that's for sure. India had always been insulated from the racism against enemies of the collective West (e.g. Russia, China) but looks like you guys are on the leaderboard. Better to embrace the hate than cower. After all, the Chinese owns most of the real estate in Canada and Russians don't seem to be doing too bad in places like Dubai or Turkey.

That being said, someone needs tell these lamdas to take a shower before getting on public transport and stop wearing sandals everywhere. Squatting and robbing food banks also don't help the wider perception. Humans judge, even in Canada, based on race, ethnicity, and origin.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada has Indian diplomats' communications in bombshell murder probe: sources

The Canadian government has amassed both human and signals intelligence in a months-long investigation of a Sikh activist's death that has inflamed relations with India, sources tell CBC News.

That intelligence includes communications involving Indian officials themselves, including Indian diplomats present in Canada, say Canadian government sources.

The intelligence did not come solely from Canada. Some was provided by an unnamed ally in the Five Eyes intelligence alliance.

In a diplomatic crisis that unfolded progressively behind the scenes, Canadian officials went to India on several occasions seeking cooperation in the investigation of Hardeep Singh Nijjar's death.

The Sikh leader was shot dead outside a Sikh temple in Surrey, B.C. on June 18 and reportedly had been warned by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service that he was at risk.

Canada's National Security and Intelligence Adviser Jody Thomas was in India over four days in mid-August, then again for five days this month.

That last visit overlapped with a tense meeting between Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"I can assure you that the decision to share these allegations on the floor of the House of Commons … was not done lightly," Trudeau said Thursday in New York after attending the United Nations General Assembly.

"It was done with the utmost seriousness."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sikh-nijjar-india-canada-trudeau-modi-1.6974607

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

The Canadian government has amassed both human and signals intelligence in a months-long investigation of a Sikh activist's death that has inflamed relations with India, sources tell CBC News.

That intelligence includes communications involving Indian officials themselves, including Indian diplomats present in Canada, say Canadian government sources.

The intelligence did not come solely from Canada. Some was provided by an unnamed ally in the Five Eyes intelligence alliance.

In a diplomatic crisis that unfolded progressively behind the scenes, Canadian officials went to India on several occasions seeking cooperation in the investigation of Hardeep Singh Nijjar's death.

The Sikh leader was shot dead outside a Sikh temple in Surrey, B.C. on June 18 and reportedly had been warned by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service that he was at risk.

Canada's National Security and Intelligence Adviser Jody Thomas was in India over four days in mid-August, then again for five days this month.

That last visit overlapped with a tense meeting between Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"I can assure you that the decision to share these allegations on the floor of the House of Commons … was not done lightly," Trudeau said Thursday in New York after attending the United Nations General Assembly.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sikh-nijjar-india-canada-trudeau-modi-1.6974607
I don't understand why India thinks it's a winning move to stop issuing visas to Canadians. The overwhelming majority of those applying will be naturalised indian-canadians.

This flex from Modi won't end well. Should Canada decide to retaliate, Indians would be the ones getting the short end of the stick.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW

Jeeeeeeez

This is a proper bombshell.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

My reaction reading this is "fuck me!". Work hard, do better, move to a new country - your identity comes back to haunt you. Last few days since this news came out didn't felt great, this was even worse. I have no words if this is true - the wording alone implies that this would be way too hard to dismiss. Indian immigrants are in a way now royally fucked.

Was watching this interview (wasting my life and energy on this shit) where Terry Milweski said that India could've countered with the evidence presented to them, but India hasn't - which implies Canada may not be wrong here:

Reactions: RSub and imransyed

XYZ321123

Nov 9, 2021
Maybe it is time for everyone to just take a minute and think why they are in this forum.
It maybe for,
  1. The Canadian dream
  2. International exposure/career
  3. Western lifestyle
  4. Fleeing persecution/oppression/conflict
  5. Running from poor socio-economic conditions
Whatever be your reason, you made it to Canada. Like any other country on the planet it is not perfect, far from it. But it is us who made the choice to immigrate. For every single one of us there are 100s who will take the our place with more gratitude. There is no shortage of skilled desperate people.

Let us not bring the problems from the countries that we chose to leave. If you feel it was better (system, politicians, government, economy, career, society) back there, it is still in your hands to go back.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
If all these allegations and shit slinging is to be believed then imo Canada has approached this is the a very mature manner.

I remember Turkey quickly if not immediately released CCTV footage of Jamal walking into the consulate. Of the planes. Of the killers. Saudis were caught in a complete bind!

If and it seems like they did, JT and the national security lady try to persuade cooperation with India before coming out in public, Canada has managed this situation very maturely. This murder happened in June if I'm not wrong.

I am extremely anti JT but suddenly he seems to have a very mature manner of handling things.

And India hasn't directly responded to the allegations yet. Lot of deflection and whataboutery. Not seeing this from JT.

Holy shit. Is JT popular again? :(

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Whats new here? Same BS. "We have intelligence!" "but it will never be made public! And you are the murder!". "Unnamed ally": nice fig leaf! No one will say "I provided" or "I did not provide".

Since JT has bet the proverbial farm here, there is no other option but entire government to double down.

If they really had intelligence, they should have charged those perps in court of law and then asked for extradition of people involved and sanctions on India. Right now, its all Canada's game.

I mean listen to US officials. They are also repeating exact same words that John Kirby said.

"We have not rebuffed Canada. Canada should do its police investigation. India should co-operate."