Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Not sure if you guys have played this game called Civilization 5 or 6. Basically, there are multiple ways to win the game (dominating the rest of the players, aka the world). There are multiple ways to win such as political, economic, religious, and scientific. I swear India's strategy was to overpopulate their country and win the game through immigration. Well played fellas.
Not really. India's fertility rate is not enough to achieve that. On the other hand, Pakistan might truly achieve it if it tries a little bit harder.

PS : I know its a joke... or .... may be not. LOL!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi. For the past year, I've been working as a contractor for a Canadian company remotely from my home country. The job title is Data Analyst and was remote work which means that I worked from my home country for the entire year.

Below are the details
1.Working from home country
2.Company is Canada based
3.On the contract, it said I work for the Company remotely from my home.
4.Company has hired me as an fulltime independent contractor.
5.Do not have salary slip
6.Have time sheet and update as invoice for salary

I want to know; will this experience be counted and pointed under FSW EE?

and when creating EE profile, should I check mark self-employment box? and should i write my name or this company name under employer box?

Please advise, thank you!
A bit of a hard question.

Normally, if you did not have payroll in Canada ie you did not file tax returns in Canada, its hard to claim Canadian experience. That being said, pandemic made some really weird situation.

I am 80% sure you are not having Canadian experience. It could still be used as foreign experience in EE though.

I believe you can claim self - employed and submit experience letter from the client.

Why not have a word with a lawyer or RCIC and be 100% sure?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi. For the past year, I've been working as a contractor for a Canadian company remotely from my home country. The job title is Data Analyst and was remote work which means that I worked from my home country for the entire year.

Below are the details
1.Working from home country
2.Company is Canada based
3.On the contract, it said I work for the Company remotely from my home.
4.Company has hired me as an fulltime independent contractor.
5.Do not have salary slip
6.Have time sheet and update as invoice for salary

I want to know; will this experience be counted and pointed under FSW EE?

and when creating EE profile, should I check mark self-employment box? and should i write my name or this company name under employer box?

Please advise, thank you!
You are eligible as self-employed. Use your sole proprietor status along with the name of your entity. I'm pretty sure you would be using an entity name registered in your home country for invoicing and taxation.

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
A bit of a hard question.

Normally, if you did not have payroll in Canada ie you did not file tax returns in Canada, its hard to claim Canadian experience. That being said, pandemic made some really weird situation.

I am 80% sure you are not having Canadian experience. It could still be used as foreign experience in EE though.
thanks for your reply. as I don't want to claim for Canadian experience class, as i will apply under FSW, as i never been to Canada. my question is that will they count as a foreign experience, or they will not give points for this? and should i tick self-employed for this?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Source and data my friend.

Not denying some might be. Some people could be doing anything. After all some people take fentanyl for pleasure too willingly --without any addiction for that matter. But Canada as a country is very hostile environment financially and legally for an undocumented immigrants.

You can not:
1. Enter and exit Canada.
2. No formal employment since your SIN is gone
3. No subsidised medical treatment. Especially in these COVID-ish time.
4. Banking is closed. Because banks do not entertain those without Canadian IDs.
5. No formal rentals
6. Hard to approach police if something happens
We can surely see a considerable rise in overstays in the near future though. A lot of them have loans that are hard to repay unless they spend "X" years in Canada.

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
You are eligible as self-employed. Use your sole proprietor status along with the name of your entity. I'm pretty sure you would be using an entity name registered in your home country for invoicing and taxation.
As payment(Salary or invoices) comes under my name so employer name will be my name????

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
thanks for your reply. as I don't want to claim for Canadian experience class, as i will apply under FSW, as i never been to Canada. my question is that will they count as a foreign experience, or they will not give points for this? and should i tick self-employed for this?
If you have been paying taxes (which is a corroborative evidence of your employment), can get details of duties performed from the client who is ready for vouch for it you should be good!

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
If you have been paying taxes (which is a corroborative evidence of your employment), can get details of duties performed from the client who is ready for vouch for it you should be good!
we have a contract letter and also we can get refernce letter from that company. so what should we write in employer box our name or company name?

ravyn

Jan 10, 2023
No Program Specified

Number of invitations issued:
3,200Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,200 or above

Date and time of round: September 19, 2023 at 15:04:11 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 531

oof...
Wow the min CRS score hasn't been that high for a general draw since last August, right after they started doing regular draws again

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
we have a contract letter and also we can get refernce letter from that company. so what should we write in employer box our name or company name?
I had a similar scenario. The company should give you a reference letter stating you are "permanently contracted" to them as a Data Analyst since (start date of employment). Include your contractor agreement as well as invoices submitted (a few month's worth per year of employment should suffice) and proof of tax returns.

In the EE form, select self-employed.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I had a similar scenario. The company should give you a reference letter stating you are "permanently contracted" to them as a Data Analyst since (start date of employment). Include your contractor agreement as well as invoices submitted (a few month's worth per year of employment should suffice) and proof of tax returns.

In the EE form, select self-employed.
Cool!
I was hesitating to answer because I never faced this situation my self.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
How about they stop all immigration from India for the next 15 years to allow other nationalities to catch up?

Something is not right when over 80% of new immigrants are coming from one single country.
Mate sorry my post was my sarcasm on JT's double standards and also criticism on Lambdas. On your beef, unfortunately India and China are the most populous countries and hence they both contribute the largest to immigration inflow into most western countries. I'm Filipino myself and I hear this criticism of my country folks over populating. Let us not turn this forum for such racist talk please.

Arod

May 15, 2017
1 Country with 200+ languages and cultures. We are inventing a solution for a problem, when there's no real problem in this case.
So you see no problem with Indian landlords renting only to Indians?
Mate sorry my post was my sarcasm on JT's double standards and also criticism on Lambdas. On your beef, unfortunately India and China are the most populous countries and hence they both contribute the largest to immigration inflow into most western countries. I'm Filipino myself and I hear this criticism of my country folks over populating. Let us not turn this forum for such racist talk please.
Nothing racist with wanting a more balanced immigration system.

When the large majority of immigrants are coming from one single country it's no longer immigration but invasion.

We are seeing right now the impact of having massive numbers coming from one place when immigrants start bringing internal disputes from their country of origin to Canada.

I'm all for multiculturalism, diversity, etc, but that ceases to exist when one single country is the source of the majority of immigrants by such large margins.

Regarding India and China being the most populated countries, just because there are more of them, does Canada also have to have more of them?

Do our demographics have to reflect global demographics?

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony