FSW WORLDWIDE

oginnite

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello guys. Is this a general issue. I try to preview my score before submitting my application and it's writting this.

I have gone back to what I filled pre ITA and it's the same with what I filled currently..

Everything showing blank under my Preview score.

Can I submit like that?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hey all, I have a quick question and hoping to find some answers.

I did soft landing back in July 2022 and didn't fill out any GTF list and told the agent I will be moving permanently later.

I am planning to visit Toronto for couple of days in August. Now do I have to fill in GTF list or can I say I am only visiting. I have plans to move to Canada sometime in May 2024.

Any help is appreciated.
Do it when you are moving in permanently. I travelled to Canada thrice before moving permanently. I provided the GTF list when I moved in permanently.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello the team.
I have a question (maybe @iSaidGoodDay or @legalfalcon knows).
i received my CBSA notes and i have written on the second page this info

Assignment due date : 2023/05/17

Does someone
in detail that is what i have

Security:Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality:In Progress
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Medical:In Progress
Info Sharing:In Progress

Other Regs:
Final:
Paper File
Office:

#:
Due Date:2023/05/17

Assigned By:CS8663
Assigned To:RC - C02

thank you for your help

jessicajoon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
You should have taken the GC path.
The plan was to spend two years in the US, hopefully get my GC, if not come back to Canada to maintain residency requirements.
But I got a job in the US paying almost exactly the same while working remote from Canada. Granted I could lose my job anyday but I also don't have to scramble my belongings to move out of country in 30 days.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
The plan was to spend two years in the US, hopefully get my GC, if not come back to Canada to maintain residency requirements.
But I got a job in the US paying almost exactly the same while working remote from Canada. Granted I could lose my job anyday but I also don't have to scramble my belongings to move out of country in 30 days.
How difficult is it to find a remote job in the US? Did you go to master in the US?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I had recruiters reach out to me on Linkedin and I asked for a remote job from Canada. It is a decent size company with offices in US, Canada and few other countries.

Just don't change location to Canada on Linkedin, there are far more opportunities in US.
Honestly, you've living the best of both worlds. Just stay in Canada with a US salary. No headache for safety, healthcare and all that. You're earning in USD which will give you a huge advantage in COL in Canada. Congrats

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I had recruiters reach out to me on Linkedin and I asked for a remote job from Canada. It is a decent size company with offices in US, Canada and few other countries.

Just don't change location to Canada on Linkedin, there are far more opportunities in US.
I took American jobs with India as my location. If someone is willing to hire across geo/country, it makes very little difference - otoh, it does appear to reduce confidence on someone when someone does this. Saying this as I hire across the NA and EU.

Reactions: RSub

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
You have your answer. Avoid the uncertain path. Work for an American company in Canada, get Canadian citizenship and run to US thru L1A or H1, and then get your green card. By moving to US now with uncertainty on GC, you are losing Canadian PR and if you don't get your GC, you are back to square 1.
@RSub
so, if we are from a country that doesn't have a GC backlog it's better to go straight for H1B -> GC?
It seems like the H1B lottery chance currently is 17%.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
@RSub
so, if we are from a country that doesn't have a GC backlog it's better to go straight for H1B -> GC?
It seems like the H1B lottery chance currently is 17%.
Non-Indians and Non-Chinese on a H1B should stick to US. No H1b, move out. No quicker pathway to GC, move out. But I don't see the logic why someone with an H1B, easier pathway to GC moves to Canada.