+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

They have massive amount of land but they will not let people build homes.
I actually attended couple of meetings with realtors. The issue is not that the land. The problem is not enough people to build those houses. They plan to build around 1M houses. The problem is that there are no people to do the job.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I actually attended couple of meetings with realtors. The issue is not that the land. The problem is not enough people to build those houses. They plan to build around 1M houses. The problem is that there are no people to do the job.
Thats another issue. The stupidly regulated labour market. But then, in many places like Vancouver, they just do not want to release government land --called crown property. And they do not want to increase density by allowing in-filling.

And Canadians do not like pre-fabs. Its weird but prefabs give really high quality construction but it has never been really popular in Canada. It can allow fast construction of homes and entire buildings by manufacturing sections in factories OR importing them. Both builders and buyers shun them.

My own plan was to go for a prefab imported from Mexico built according to Canadian code. It was coming out to be cheaper. But then I found a place which I practically bargained down by about 40% or so to a value lower than 2019 valuations. So I closed the deal.

Coming back, Canadian labour market in trades is just a bunch of Mafias.
1. Construction Mafia, they will not allow easy entry of new comers in trades.
2. HVAC Mafia, they sell HVAC solutions at absurd margin. Same heat pumps are available at 30% less on HVACDirect.com. The entire government funding and HVAC Mafia ensures you can not get any rebate if you do not buy the darned heat pump from your local stupid HVAC contractor. Manufacturers do not sell it directly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 994371

Thats another issue. The stupidly regulated labour market. But then, in many places like Vancouver, they just do not want to release government land --called crown property. And they do not want to increase density by allowing in-filling.

And Canadians do not like pre-fabs. Its weird but prefabs give really high quality construction but it has never been really popular in Canada. It can allow fast construction of homes and entire buildings by manufacturing sections in factories OR importing them. Both builders and buyers shun them.

My own plan was to go for a prefab imported from Mexico built according to Canadian code. It was coming out to be cheaper. But then I found a place which I practically bargained down by about 40% or so to a value lower than 2019 valuations. So I closed the deal.

Coming back, Canadian labour market in trades is just a bunch of Mafias.
1. Construction Mafia, they will not allow easy entry of new comers in trades.
2. HVAC Mafia, they sell HVAC solutions at absurd margin. Same heat pumps are available at 30% less on HVACDirect.com. The entire government funding and HVAC Mafia ensures you can not get any rebate if you do not buy the darned heat pump from your local stupid HVAC contractor. Manufacturers do not sell it directly.

How is that even legal? Can't they be sued for anti-competiveness?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How is that even legal? Can't they be sued for anti-competiveness?
They make all sorts of excuses regarding "customer safety" and shit like that.
I mean think about it, morons at EGBC have trademarked the word "Engineer" and will not allow anyone to use the word "Engineer" in their job title without getting a nod from them and paying them protection money. If that works, how come anything else be a problem!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Canada’s population was estimated at 39,566,248 on January 1, 2023, after a record population growth of 1,050,110 people from January 1, 2022, to January 1, 2023, according to a new report released Wednesday by Statistics Canada.

“This marks the first 12-month period in Canada’s history where population grew by over 1 million people, and the highest annual population growth rate (+2.7 per cent) on record since that seen for 1957 (+3.3 per cent). This previous record population growth rate in 1957 was related to the high number of births during the post-war baby boom and the high immigration of refugees following the Hungarian Revolution of 1956,” said the federal agency.

“In 2022, the reason behind Canada’s record-high population growth was somewhat different, since international migration accounted for nearly all growth recorded (95.9 per cent). Canada is by far leading the G7 countries for population growth in 2022, as it has been the case for many years.

“Compared with 2021 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development country growth rates, the latest available for all members, Canada would rank first with a population growth of 2.7 per cent for the year 2022. Moreover, according to the most recent figures for other countries (as of 2021), Canada’s population growth rate of 2.7 per cent in 2022 would put it among the top 20 in the world. Almost all countries with a higher pace of population growth were in Africa.”

If it stayed constant in years to come, such a rate of population growth would lead to the Canadian population doubling in about 26 years, added the federal agency.

“For the year 2022, Canada welcomed 437,180 immigrants and saw a net increase of the number of non-permanent residents estimated at 607,782. Both of these numbers represent the highest levels on record, reflecting higher immigration targets and a record-breaking year for the processing of immigration applications at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,” said the report.

“The estimated gains in non-permanent residents recorded for 2022 are the highest for a single calendar year for which comparable data are available. Furthermore, it is the first time these gains are superior to those from immigrants over the same period.

“All provinces and territories saw a year-over-year increase in the net estimated number of non-permanent residents in 2022, with work and study permits, in addition to the number of asylum claimants, up across the country. This increase is because of a combination of factors, including the aforementioned intent to leverage international migration to help fulfill employment needs across the country and the program created to welcome people fleeing the Russian invasion of Ukraine.”

Where are new Canadian citizens coming from?

The top 10 birth countries of permanent residents who transitioned to Canadian citizens are detailed below:
1. India (59,503 PRs transitioned to citizens)
2. Philippines (41,540 PRs)
3. Syria (20,355 PRs)
4. Pakistan (15,188)
5. Iran (13,082)
6. Nigeria (12,670)
7. People’s Republic of China (10,722)
8. United States of America (9,215)
9. France (8,163)
10. Iraq (7,692)
https://lnkd.in/eK9GTqmJ

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Canada needs 300,000 new rental units to avoid gap quadrupling by 2026:

A Royal Bank of Canada report predicts Canada's rental housing shortage will quadruple to 120,000 units by 2026 without a significant boost in stock.

It says Canada needs to add 332,000 rental units over the next three years — a 20 per cent increase over the 70,000 units built last year — to reach the optimal vacancy rate of three per cent.

Canada’s rental housing stock grew by 2.4 per cent in 2022, led by Calgary at 7.4 per cent and Ottawa-Gatineau at 5.5 per cent, while Toronto and Montreal saw the smallest percentage increases at 2.1 per cent and 1.4 per cent, respectively.

RBC says slow growth in Canada's two most populous cities is being outpaced by rapidly growing demand, partly due to high immigration levels.

Canada's vacancy rate fell to its lowest point in 21 years in 2022, at 1.9 per cent.

Competition for units also drove the highest annual increase in rent growth on record, by 5.6 per cent for a two-bedroom unit.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada’s population was estimated at 39,566,248 on January 1, 2023, after a record population growth of 1,050,110 people from January 1, 2022, to January 1, 2023, according to a new report released Wednesday by Statistics Canada.

“This marks the first 12-month period in Canada’s history where population grew by over 1 million people, and the highest annual population growth rate (+2.7 per cent) on record since that seen for 1957 (+3.3 per cent). This previous record population growth rate in 1957 was related to the high number of births during the post-war baby boom and the high immigration of refugees following the Hungarian Revolution of 1956,” said the federal agency.

“In 2022, the reason behind Canada’s record-high population growth was somewhat different, since international migration accounted for nearly all growth recorded (95.9 per cent). Canada is by far leading the G7 countries for population growth in 2022, as it has been the case for many years.

“Compared with 2021 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development country growth rates, the latest available for all members, Canada would rank first with a population growth of 2.7 per cent for the year 2022. Moreover, according to the most recent figures for other countries (as of 2021), Canada’s population growth rate of 2.7 per cent in 2022 would put it among the top 20 in the world. Almost all countries with a higher pace of population growth were in Africa.”

If it stayed constant in years to come, such a rate of population growth would lead to the Canadian population doubling in about 26 years, added the federal agency.

“For the year 2022, Canada welcomed 437,180 immigrants and saw a net increase of the number of non-permanent residents estimated at 607,782. Both of these numbers represent the highest levels on record, reflecting higher immigration targets and a record-breaking year for the processing of immigration applications at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,” said the report.

“The estimated gains in non-permanent residents recorded for 2022 are the highest for a single calendar year for which comparable data are available. Furthermore, it is the first time these gains are superior to those from immigrants over the same period.

“All provinces and territories saw a year-over-year increase in the net estimated number of non-permanent residents in 2022, with work and study permits, in addition to the number of asylum claimants, up across the country. This increase is because of a combination of factors, including the aforementioned intent to leverage international migration to help fulfill employment needs across the country and the program created to welcome people fleeing the Russian invasion of Ukraine.”

Where are new Canadian citizens coming from?

The top 10 birth countries of permanent residents who transitioned to Canadian citizens are detailed below:
1. India (59,503 PRs transitioned to citizens)
2. Philippines (41,540 PRs)
3. Syria (20,355 PRs)
4. Pakistan (15,188)
5. Iran (13,082)
6. Nigeria (12,670)
7. People’s Republic of China (10,722)
8. United States of America (9,215)
9. France (8,163)
10. Iraq (7,692)
https://lnkd.in/eK9GTqmJ
I don't mind the high no. of pinoys. They are very trustworthy PSWs and nurses

D

Deleted member 1050918

Bro, do Turks count as Western or no?
I'm not the CEO of "Who counts as Western Co." so I wouldn't know. Geographically though, a very tiny part of Turkey is actually in continental Europe. I guess you gotta have land in Europe to be Europe no?

D

Deleted member 1083629

Competition for units also drove the highest annual increase in rent growth on record, by 5.6 per cent for a two-bedroom unit.
This is bad. Really bad. Having an increase in rent will drive many people out of the city. It was overpriced back in 2017 and higher and higher prices for rent is not good at all.

RBC says slow growth in Canada's two most populous cities is being outpaced by rapidly growing demand, partly due to high immigration levels.
As usual, my fav. line: "Immigration numbers are too high".

It says Canada needs to add 332,000 rental units over the next three years — a 20 per cent increase over the 70,000 units built last year — to reach the optimal vacancy rate of three per cent.
Which is unachievable. Hmm... I won't be surprised to see 2700 - 3000 for single bedroom by 2025. To think about it: when I moved in 2017, 1 Bdr was 1300-1400. Then it was steady increasing up to COVID where 1 bdr was 1800 (dropped from 2k). Now, 1bdr is 2400 - 2500. While it will cool down, it will keep increasing steadily. So, many will move out of Toronto and drive prices in other cities up as well. Interesting times!

Reactions: DesiPikachu