+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

jmhalpert6

Mar 12, 2023
Hey!

I have a question related to proof of funds section of express entry application. I am a single person applying and would need to show proof of funds of $13,310 per current requirements. I had two questions:
1) Although at the time of applying I will have around $14000, my average balance of past 6 months is somewhere around $7000. Although I work in Canada and the amount has been collected over the past months. Will this be an issue?
2) I received a deposit $1400 from my roommate for shared expenses and bills. Do I need to explain the source of that $1400 too or since rest of the amount has gradually increased over the course of 6 months, it is fine if I don't explain that?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 1050918

1) Although at the time of applying I will have around $14000, my average balance of past 6 months is somewhere around $7000. Although I work in Canada and the amount has been collected over the past months. Will this be an issue?
Probably not if that money doesn't look like it appeared out of nowhere. Write a good couple statements about it in your LOE and explain maybe.

2) I received a deposit $1400 from my roommate for shared expenses and bills. Do I need to explain the source of that $1400 too or since rest of the amount has gradually increased over the course of 6 months, it is fine if I don't explain that?
Better to explain. With IRCC, the default answer to "Do I need to x?" is yes.

jmhalpert6

Mar 12, 2023
@ImpatientKangaroo Thanks for the prompt response.

Do I need to show credit card statements with the expenses highlighted or just explanation will do since we are roommates? My credit card bill was paid off by a friend as I did not want to disturb the funds. Will that be an issue?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Do I need to show credit card statements with the expenses highlighted or just explanation will do since we are roommates? My credit card bill was paid off by a friend as I did not want to disturb the funds. Will that be an issue?
Just explain it in LOE, no need for credit card statements (IRCC never asks for anything credit related like credit score, credit card statements etc. - except your liabilities (debt)). Since you're already employed in Canada, IRCC won't care about that bit too much.

kaashi14

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I'm at 489 CRS. Rejected Tech draw NOI in December because I was sure that at 489 I would get FSW so I wanted to skip OINP's 6-8 months time plus $1500 fees. Missed the last FSW draw because of tie breaker rule. And since December didn't get NOI in the 2 tech draws since (even the one from 2-3 days ago). Googled yesterday and found out that I had to create a new profile to get selected by OINP again. If only I knew this 3 days ago. OINP has conducted tech draw in Feb and March but idk if it'll do one in April as well and then if the CRS range will be at 489 or not. Can someone please tell me if I'm doomed?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I'm at 489 CRS. Rejected Tech draw NOI in December because I was sure that at 489 I would get FSW so I wanted to skip OINP's 6-8 months time plus $1500 fees. Missed the last FSW draw because of tie breaker rule. And since December didn't get NOI in the 2 tech draws since (even the one from 2-3 days ago). Googled yesterday and found out that I had to create a new profile to get selected by OINP again. If only I knew this 3 days ago. OINP has conducted tech draw in Feb and March but idk if it'll do one in April as well and then if the CRS range will be at 489 or not. Can someone please tell me if I'm doomed?
You're doomed

D

Deleted member 994371

Don't listen to wannabe Zack Braffs on this forum.

Your time will come. You have a good score, you'll get there.

Canada is looking to quadruple its immigration targets. Soon you, too, will be able to land here and be racist against your own kind.

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Are u sure? I have seen people getting selected by oinp for second time
Once in 2nd Feb
Another in last week draw

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Who knows!

The story of declining and winning or losing are plentiful here.

People with 450 CRS in 2018 declining ITAs thought they'd get it in next draw. 2019 was a shock to them.
People with 460-70s in 2020 thought the same. Twitter is full of their "plight" now.

Don't know if you are FSW-O or CEC. Depending upon what you are, C-19's quota reduction from general EE draws could either help or annoy you.

At the end, increasing CRS with French and LMIA job is an option too. As long as you don't give and are working on your application, you won't be doomed. Just keep in mind that there's a unspoken "Law of Competition" in immigration. If anything's too easy and direct (e.g. shit IELTS CLB9 or a student graduate route), it will get competitive and unreliable very fast.

Rely on the hard stuff to safeguard yourself, while covering the direct and easy stuff.

French right now is super low competition. IIRC, there were only a max of 300 people in the entirety of 2022-23 EE draws who got ITAs as FSW-O through French. Many are still trying to take shortcuts while giving TEF/TCF and not taking it seriously enough. But, expect this to be a situation for the next 1-1.5 year max. After that, the "Law of Competition" will kick in and it would no longer be a path.