+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

You have NO IDEA how many female friend requests I am receiving per day on Facebook since I changed my profile picture to a one in snow and my location to Toronto… I am average (at best) looking guy. LoL.

What amazes me is that I had a very successful career back home (CEO at just 32 years of age) and one of the finest cars in the country, but even then, I didn’t have these many friend requests. At least not from women. Baffled me to be honest. I guess priorities for third-world women isn’t the same anymore? Fortunately, I am married and got children already.

Anyways, that (passport) marriage part isn’t limited to India or Southeast Asia…

Don't sell yourself short. You could be have been an ugly duckling who grew into a handsome swan.

Maybe it's time to consider some 'upgrades' and leave some things like wife and children behind. If anything, people will consider you more assimilated if you are divorced once or twice as is tradition out here in the west.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Maybe. Who knows. I don't know why majority of people move to Canada. Really don't. I understand Russians; it's dangerous to live in Russia right now if you are a man. I understand Ukrainians. I understand Iranians. I understand if one doesn't have basic necessities and quality of life is just terrible; it makes sense to move. Why would you move if you have a decent job, your family is near, your friends, you have a roof over the head.
Because everyone wants better perceived situation for himself and his family. Its that simple.

I know about India. A lot of people who are into trades have hard time meeting their ends meet in India. They can live like kings here if they play their card right. They often have large extended families and move together. It indeed happens in Punjab.They move together, get jobs in trade together, live in houses together and share expenses. High price of housing favours such setup.

Taxi driving (a staple starter and general employment of South Asian community) is also very viable if your expenses get shared.

I was thinking... May be our jobs ie software development will see automation much faster than automated driving. LOL! That will be one hack of irony.

That may be true. But still doesn't explain why you have a helipad in your backyard.
LOL! I wish. Its still a small bike ride away. But victoria is a small-ish city.

You have NO IDEA how many female friend requests I am receiving per day on Facebook since I changed my profile picture to a one in snow and my location to Toronto… I am average (at best) looking guy. LoL.

What amazes me is that I had a very successful career back home (CEO at just 32 years of age) and one of the finest cars in the country, but even then, I didn’t have these many friend requests. At least not from women. Baffled me to be honest. I guess priorities for third-world women isn’t the same anymore? Fortunately, I am married and got children already.

Anyways, that (passport) marriage part isn’t limited to India or Southeast Asia…
Its always darned perceived value. Everywhere. You are the same guy, just change of scenery. What I found was that I actually LOST purchasing power after moving here. For me, its my kid's condition that is anchoring me here.

BTW, this is a real Punjabi song on this situation, its funny as hell! And Cringeworthy at the same time... And true as well. :

I don't know Punjabi but I can get a gist of song:

"Leaving Lordship of India,
You (girl) are running after West.
The guy who has Canada written on his car,
You are really running after that.
You are studying for IELTS day and night,
Your visa is getting rejected
and you are collecting money to apply again."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: feanor13

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, I have a question. I was in the pool since last year with a score of 473 and was eligible only for FSW. I started my job in Canada in March 2022. Yesterday (Feb 1st) IRCC considered one year of Canadian work experience for me and increased my score to 521. Today I was drawn with this FSW specific draw and received an ITA. My question is, can I move forward with my application right now and submit it (I don't have a full year of Canadian work experience yet, until March)? If yes, isn't it better to decline the ITA and wait for CEC? I heard CEC has a lower processing time!
You have 60 days to submit your application so just wait until you've hit the 1 year mark before clicking the button.

As for CEC being faster I think that's mostly down to the Canadian government already having a good amount information on you from your previous visa applications. I doubt being drawn in a CEC specific draw makes much of a difference in processing time. It's also risky since there's no guarantee that a CEC-only draw will happen, or if you'd even be drawn again in the future since the points allocation can be changed. Even if it is indeed somewhat faster, taking such a risk for so little gain seems inadvisable.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
They should really create a buffer of say 50-100 profiles to substitute with the declined invitations… It is unfair to lose out on tie break only for some folks to decline the invitations for whatever reasons.
I imagine the buffer is already built into the draw sizes, taking into account the observed rate of declination, rate of rejection and expected applicant family size to hit the target number of PRs each year.

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hi All,

I received an NOI from Ontario basis the tech draw yesterday but just read their qualification requirement that there needs to be 1 year experience in primary NOC within the last 5 years. There was no such criteria while choosing the primary NOC for EE!!

My question is - if I change my primary NOC now, will that disqualify me from being accepted under the HCP stream, even though I do in fact have >1 year of experience in the in-demand NOC??

Please help!!!

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Do you need POF when you have work in Canada? Check.
They say if I am invited under FSW, the only way I would not need POF is if I have a Job with LMIA. Which I don't. Why does ircc want everything to be about this LMIA and people with legit jobs for years can't qualify?...

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
What amazes me is that I had a very successful career back home (CEO at just 32 years of age) and one of the finest cars in the country,
Oh wow! Why did you decide to move then and that too with wife and kids and start over? What was your motivation?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I guess priorities for third-world women isn’t the same anymore?
It depends really. Yes, it is possible for some women it is about style or an attempt to match a friend who is married and settle abroad. But a lot of girls / women also have other reasons. Some feel stifled, especially if they come from smaller towns. They may not have freedom in somethings that we take for granted and won't understand. Simple things like if she wants to wear little more westernized clothes and she may get stares. If she wants to try out wine / beer and she may get judged. They want to move because they want a little more freedom. In some cases, they want to be away from family so that there is no immediate pressure of kids after getting married. Easier to ignore people over a video call vs when you live around them. Marrying a man settled abroad helps although not in all cases.

Reactions: nns14

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
They say if I am invited under FSW, the only way I would not need POF is if I have a Job with LMIA. Which I don't. Why does ircc want everything to be about this LMIA and people with legit jobs for years can't qualify?...
Well, you have about 60 days so see if you can manage it somehow by gift deed or something. Since, you have a job you will be able to return the money while your application is processing. If that is impossible to do then you probably need to decline the invite so that you are in the pool in case they do a CEC draw and you are qualified for it.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
Hello, for the letter of explanation, there is a date of when the letter was written. Does this date need to be after the ITA date? Or it doesn't matter if I put it before the ITA date? Do I even need to put a date on the LOE?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hello, for the letter of explanation, there is a date of when the letter was written. Does this date need to be after the ITA date? Or it doesn't matter if I put it before the ITA date? Do I even need to put a date on the LOE?
Not necessary to put date
Date of submission of application is taken into consideration.
If you are putting date it can be any date depending on why you want to put the date. And why specifically a date before ITA?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
Not necessary to put date
Date of submission of application is taken into consideration.
If you are putting date it can be any date depending on why you want to put the date. And why specifically a date before ITA?
As for why the date before ITA, this is because I don't even know when I will get ITA because of IRCC's shenanigans.
Therefore, I just put the date, for example, as today - 4th February 2023.
I just want to prepare all the documents first, so better not to put any date on LOE, right?

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Totally agreed with your post. But how many will take it genuinely…

It is very beautiful and developed country. I would never say to anyone do not migrate to Canada. In fact, I would encourage it. But I will add, you must be prepared to start over unless you are very talented in those highly in-demand jobs in IT software, Big Data and AI, etc…

It will take time and hard-work all the while you are fighting against depression (those who come alone). It is challenging.

Thinking of it, I definitely recommend you to settle in a city where you have some family members or at least friends, at least initially. It will help A LOT. It will get lonely in here specially during the damned long months of winter. Not to mention the time difference between Canada and Africa/Asia.

Fortunately, I have some very close family members in Toronto and that did wonders in my transition.
This has always been the case for new immigrants. However, the immigrants who struggled and and slogged their asses off have always made it big in Canada. The ones who were not willing to make the struggle and got overwhelmed, became bitter and went back. I can only say this to new immigrants, if you’re willing to initially struggle and slog your ass off, you will make it big in Canada. The sky is the limit in this place. I personally know people who came here with nothing and made it big. One of them even became a millionaire. If you come here with high expectations and hope to have a high paying job immediately upon arrival, good luck. You may get it but it’s not always the case for everyone. Never use another person’s opinion or experience in a country as your assessment of a place. Come over here and give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, you can always move. Canada is not a get rich quick scheme. However, if you are willing to sacrifice a bit in the initial years and slog your ass off in this place, you will make it big.

Reactions: nns14 and wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1083629

However, if you are willing to sacrifice a bit in the initial years and slog your ass off in this place, you will make it big.
That was before immigration numbers got increased. I will give you an example. My really good friend was a senior engineer at Zynga. In 2017, they had about 200-300 people per position and only 50-60 good ones. In 2022 September, they had 3000 people for a position with roughly 400 really good ones. What they did? They increased the difficulty of interviews.

One of the problems with people like you is that you feed false hopes. "Come, work hard for couple of years, you will make it big. I promise you. My friend, Curious George, is a millionaire and has 5 cars and 7 girlfriends". People listen to you and think: "Oh, ok. I will work hard. I will sacrifice everything. I will become millionaire". And then they come. They face the same situation that @imransyed and @nns14 faced.

But you keep telling people about your friend millionaire. I heard those stories when I was at Applyboard. Bogus agents feeding the same stories to prospective students back in India. "Come to Conestoga. It's Harvard of North. My cousin graduated from there. He drives BMW now"

D

Deleted member 1083629

Totally agreed with your post. But how many will take it genuinely…

It is very beautiful and developed country. I would never say to anyone do not migrate to Canada. In fact, I would encourage it. But I will add, you must be prepared to start over unless you are very talented in those highly in-demand jobs in IT software, Big Data and AI, etc…

It will take time and hard-work all the while you are fighting against depression (those who come alone). It is challenging.

Thinking of it, I definitely recommend you to settle in a city where you have some family members or at least friends, at least initially. It will help A LOT. It will get lonely in here specially during the damned long months of winter. Not to mention the time difference between Canada and Africa/Asia.

Fortunately, I have some very close family members in Toronto and that did wonders in my transition.
I am in Big Data and AI. Most of the companies over here move big impact projects to the USA. Tesla didn't even bother opening an office here. Netflix was thinking about coming, changed his mind. Very few companies open their offices here and thus, the competition gets more and more fierce.