+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

odysseus1000

Jan 24, 2023
I have already qualified for FSW. I heard that 3 months before you have 1-year of work in Canada, you may put in your profile that you have 1 year of canadian work experience (although you can only apply after receiving the ITA when you actually have 1 year of experience).

However, I have updated my profile to mention that I have now 1 year of canadian experience but my profile hasn't changed to reflect that. It still says that I don't qualify for CEC and I haven't gotten the points either.

Did I misunderstand and you can't actually update your profile before actually having 1 year of experience?

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
@Kirat Dhaliwal As someone who spent months on research, self applied and got his application accepted on the "basis of probability" which I think is the last resort before accepting or rejecting an application, if I were to do it all again, I'd hire a lawyer. If for some reason a Lawyer was too expensive, I'd hire a very very good consultant, but I would still suggest scraping the barrel and paying a lawyer.
It was insanely stressful when I got ADRs almost every day. @GandiBaat is absolutely right, IRCC will throw many trap doors at you while assessing your application, especially the tricky bits.
It was insanely stressful for me, and I have a very calm and calculated demeanor when the going gets tough.

If you have a straightforward case, self apply. If there is any deviation from that, lawyer up.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
My long journey is finally over!
FWS- AOR July 15th, 2020- CRS 508
Applied inland, and moved outside of Canada in July 2021.
Medical passed first time in August 2020
Eligibility passed in Sept 2020
Medical expired in June 2021- passed again on Dec 3rd, 2021 (No upfront or re-medical request) for PA
June 2021- Informed IRCC of the marriage
GCMS notes on Nov 24th, 2021: Criminality in progress- Info sharing completed- Security not started yet...
Nov 24th, 2021- ADR for the spouse application kit
Dec 6th, 2021- Spouse was added to the portal. I received an email from IRCC and had GU
Spouse medical assessment started on Dec 7th- medical status changed to "we are reviewing the results of your medical exam"
Recieved an email on Dec 7th "the status of the application has changed" which was apparently related to the change in medical status
GU- April 30, 2022
June 15, 2022- heard from MP that all is passed and valid for the principal applicant, and the security check is in progress for the spouse. Medical for the spouse has not been started. VO changed to Edmonton
June 22, 2022- BIL for spouse
Jul 13, 2022- bio for the spouse- updated in the portal the same day
GU- Jul 16, 2022
GU- Jul 19, 2022
Remed Request for PA- August 10, 2022
Review of additional documents: August 10, 2022, We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Remed done- August 22, 2022
Remed passed- August 31, 2022
Called IRCC December 2022, NO UPDATE! Security and criminality in progress for both.
GU- January 16, 2023
Pass request- January 24, 2023

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
So in less than a month from Landing here as a newcomer, I have gotten myself a job in my field (I work non-IT, non engineering procurement) to support my expenses during these cold winter months. And while I have rented out a room in someone's townhouse at the moment, I was happy to think about finally having a full time job and getting my own apartment... until I saw the rents. Turns out, I will be staying with roommates probably forever. This is insane, I knew it was bad but this is just insane and I am not even married yet!

I was doing some research on how to increase my income potential but inadvertently fell into the trap of watching and reading about how it is so bad for people who make the median yearly wage here, which is 50k pre taxes. It was quite a spiral and very difficult to not feel stressed out and sad. I also planned to sell off some property in India and invest in Canada but I have lost all confidence in this scam/bubble economy.
I came here with plans of starting and operating a small business mindset, but that is completely impossible in Toronto. I will be visiting London soon and I have a friend there who started his thing from scratch and is doing quite well there.. but he started in like 2019, what a time that was.

There is no way I will be able to start a family if I continue working in Procurement. I am 28 now and I feel lost, and the only way I see out is getting into IT. Not too late but still a massive hurdle. Any suggestions? Is Trades a better idea than IT? Is there anything that is non IT and also pays decently well if I make all the right moves and decisions career wise? Or should I stick to Procurement and get deeper specialization in that?
Forum members, chime in please.

Reactions: feanor13

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So in less than a month from Landing here as a newcomer, I have gotten myself a job in my field (I work non-IT, non engineering procurement) to support my expenses during these cold winter months. And while I have rented out a room in someone's townhouse at the moment, I was happy to think about finally having a full time job and getting my own apartment... until I saw the rents. Turns out, I will be staying with roommates probably forever. This is insane, I knew it was bad but this is just insane and I am not even married yet!

I was doing some research on how to increase my income potential but inadvertently fell into the trap of watching and reading about how it is so bad for people who make the median yearly wage here, which is 50k pre taxes. It was quite a spiral and very difficult to not feel stressed out and sad. I also planned to sell off some property in India and invest in Canada but I have lost all confidence in this scam/bubble economy.
I came here with plans of starting and operating a small business mindset, but that is completely impossible in Toronto. I will be visiting London soon and I have a friend there who started his thing from scratch and is doing quite well there.. but he started in like 2019, what a time that was.

There is no way I will be able to start a family if I continue working in Procurement. I am 28 now and I feel lost, and the only way I see out is getting into IT. Not too late but still a massive hurdle. Any suggestions? Is Trades a better idea than IT? Is there anything that is non IT and also pays decently well if I make all the right moves and decisions career wise? Or should I stick to Procurement and get deeper specialization in that?
Which city is this?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018

you just came here. nothing wrong with shared accommodation. id suggest not to look too far ahead and focus on your own career growth. IT is ultra competitive here and wont be easy, stick with your skills.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

If you want to switch to IT, maybe you can try the study route? Fees should be manageable as a PR.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You mean where am I right now? Toronto.
So I have seen people do few interesting things. If for instance you have couple of brothers, you together can first rent and then buy a big home. There are savings in that. Its same as sharing model you are living in right now, just that you will be living with your bros or cousins. 3 people sharing a TH rented for CDN 3500 will put a burden of 1200 per person. There will be savings in food etc as well. Local are doing this with strangers... you can try this with family.

I mean think about it. https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/25216198/27-harfleur-rd-toronto-lamoreaux . You won't be able to afford this alone. 1.5 mil. BUT you can certainly afford it with 2 more cousins / bros. Have divided interest. 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. 500K per brother is still thinkable. Compare this with a TH which will go for 800-900K with a stupid strata to deal with and pay strata fee. Its like all old is now becoming new. Joint families coming back in fashion.

Also, since you are a non-IT/non-engineering guy, why are you limiting yourself to Toronto? Try Edmonton? Or Calgary?

If you want to start a career in IT, it is possible. But know this, IT is and will keep on becoming more and more top heavy with starting options becoming more and more automated or removed.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Absolutely no reason for you to tie yourself to Toronto, or even ON for that matter. You are young and without baggage. Try other provinces, you'll probably still get work in your field with much more reduced cost of living.

No newcomer should go to ON unless they are coming with loads and loads of money.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019

Yeah you should move somewhere farther from Toronto if your job prospects is only 50k. I used to live in Windsor and you can live okay there with that amount as a single person. In London it will be a bit more expensive but still doable, specially if you don’t make car payments. In Windsor there were studio rentals for 1000 when I first arrived and 1b for 1200. I don’t think it changed much there. I only used their transit(pretty shitty if you don’t live and work in north Windsor) went out every weekend and still was able to save over 1k per month.

D

Deleted member 1083629

This is why I always prefer self-petition
There was a poster here like 2-3 pages back who was choosing between Canadian PR or potential GR lol. You should tag her/him. That's like a perfect answer to her/his question.

D

Deleted member 1083629

If you want to switch to IT, maybe you can try the study route? Fees should be manageable as a PR.
Yeah, and competition is insane. Interviews in Canada are the hardest ones I have ever encountered. I mentioned here that I had an offer from Uber in Netherlands. In Canada, I couldn't even pass the 1st round; same position, same department, same level of seniority.

Reactions: cansha
D

Deleted member 1083629

Ah, my friend. Welcome to Toronto.

If you make 50K, you cannot afford Toronto. As a matter of fact, if you make 100K you cannot afford Toronto. 150 and up maybe. You also came in the worst rental market ever. Place I wanted to rent in 2019 for 1600 CAD (1 BDR) costs 2400 CAD right now. You are not alone in your worries. Many Canadians are priced out of Toronto. You have 2 options. Option 1: keep your expenses as low as possible, wait this period out. Option 2: Go back home and wait this period out. Prices should go down as soon as central bank lowers interest rate.