+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #238– January 18, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

No Program Specified

Number of invitations issued: 5,500Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 5,500 or above

Date and time of round: January 18, 2023 16:13:57 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 490

Tie-breaking rule: November 24, 2022 21:14:59 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
My status says

You have not been invited to apply

I wonder if it changes for those who get ITA

Guys can you login and check?

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Thanks. It's just, I can't lose Canadian PR, but I'd prefer US PR. Everyone I talk to tells me to get a citizenship first and go through TN route.

I have a Master's degree from the US. I just don't know anyone who got a green card though NIW. I will do some research on this.
For me just go with Citizenship first, it creates a safety net. I had done some thinking on this, the reason why I want a residency status in either US or Canada is because I don't want to be in a scenario wherein I have to involuntarily return to the country where I'm originally from.

The only thing that you are truly missing out is the 3-4 years wait, and salary difference.

Once you become a Canadian citizen, you can go to the US under TN1, or H1 and it no longer feels a race to get GC; you can take it slowly now.

I would probably try my luck in the US eventually, but for now Citizenship first.