+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Out of curiosity which city/state are you from? Just so I know where to avoid if I ever decide to go south of the border.
Minneapolis, MN. But it wasn't a city/state thing. That's the US in general. If you hit some city with just the right population density, you may have better luck. Great city otherwise though, loved it there.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Minneapolis, MN. But it wasn't a city/state thing. That's the US in general. If you hit some city with just the right population density, you may have better luck. Great city otherwise though, loved it there.
Really, I thought that healthcare can vary greatly from state to state, even from city to city. Some states like Massachusetts have a good enough healthcare to rival some higher ranked countries, while others like Lousiana have it so bad that they are well below the US average. Even from city to city like what really skews Massachusetts' ranking is primarily the Greater Boston Area.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Really, I thought that healthcare can vary greatly from state to state, even from city to city. Some states like Massachusetts have a good enough healthcare to rival some higher ranked countries, while others like Lousiana have it so bad that they are well below the US average. Even from city to city like what really skews Massachusetts' ranking is primarily the Greater Boston Area.
We're not talking about critical care. Of course if you need a highly specialized procedure, Mass General would be better than a random hospital in Louisiana. But in terms of general physician visits etc, it mostly depends on the population density where you live (from my limited experience). ymmv

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
From @mapleworld :

I just found this consultation page on the IRCC website. No idea how long it has been posted, but they are not receiving the feedback after January 8, 2023.

According to this page, there are four possible categories in addition to the previous three categories. The one needs to qualify with CEC, FSW, or FST before being considered for the targeted draw.

As I understand, the overall CRS score cut-off will be higher when considering the targeted draw. But it's a good sign that they are not abandoned the entire old CRS system.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html?fbclid=IwAR23PLSNgkw4LZ8HL3tT-0ErbOh4P4dblzOVTWTt4rLfYaKO6KfniLHiTeo

So, they will not completely replace the old system, right?
This is how it should have been from the start. Addressing actual labour shortages in critical sectors instead of inviting people who have worked in occupations, where Canada has limited to no jobs. The country seriously needs more healthcare and construction workers to address the healthcare and housing issues. What it does not need is more fast food workers. Canada has a lot of private diploma mills churning out useless degrees. It does not need more international graduates from these mills.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Oh yeah. Very interesting thread. Some very valid points.

However, you have to kinda look through the prism of general Reddit audience. Reddit attracts younger generation with very radical (left) views and not much of life experience. Housing is bad? Yes. But they make it sound like it's bad only in Canada. Take a look at Dublin. Take a look at Munich. Take a look at Barcelona. In 2012-2013, my former manager ended up buying a condo in Barcelona. Costed him roughly 80-90K euros. Now, you cannot find anything in within his area for less than 500K. Salaries didn't increase linearly.

Health issues? Yeah. Hard to argue. Ford is doing some nuts stuff.

Taxes? That's another big talk. Every Canadian thinks they are paying super high taxes. It's roughly 30%. Check out Italy with their 43% or France with their up to 45% max progressive tax (which is pretty easy to get to if you are SWE).

So, the bottom line is that Canada is not the best country in the world. However, that doesn't mean that other 1st world countries are much better. It's a problem with middle class getting slowly eliminated. It still exists but it not a majority of population anymore. The problems that exist in Canada exist anywhere and the gap between developing countries and 1st world countries is getting smaller. I have already mentioned that in some ways Russia is more developed and has more opportunities than Canada. I am sure that can be said about India, Turkey, Kazakhstan and other similar countries.

D

Deleted member 1083629

To me, uprooting moving part is not that big of a trouble. It cuts only for few weeks.

What is really painful is the uncertainty of whole process: The what ifs. Like

1. OMG My wife has to renew her OWP! What if they reject her SOWP?
2. What if I made a mistake in form?
3. What if I entered Iceland inplace of india? (I kid you not this almost happened, though my lawyer was more to blame).
4. OMG! What if I was fired! will I have to withdraw her application? (I kid you not, it happened with one of my friend).
5.OMG! YES! She will not be avail to renew her SOWP! What will I do?
6. What if asked her to leave Canada?
7. What if she has to take a flight back? Now? In middle of pandemic? (I know they processed one guys and kicked him out even though he worked as a nurse in covid care)
8. What if she got COVID on the way?
9. OMG! They just removed restoring to a different authorization!!! I cann't restore her to visitor!

and on and on and on

IRCC does not help by having many many many months long waiting. SOWP was taking 8-9 months. borders were closed, no flagpolling. :( Horrible time.

Living with this uncertainties for long time is tiring. And really, it is not your fault too. It is IRCC being son of a **$*$$ and processing their stuff so slow.
Yup. That was my experience as well. Even though I went with lawyer, constant pressure was getting to me. What if I made a mistake? What if there is ANY visa to the US, UK, Australia that I applied for and it got rejected? I don't remember that but what IF. What if my wife applied for some visa because of her work and she just doesn't remember? Very possible because of work she was doing. Should I sent another letter of explanation telling them that? That's one of the main reasons why I want to chill with immigration a bit.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have already mentioned that in some ways Russia is more developed and has more opportunities than Canada. I am sure that can be said about India, Turkey, Kazakhstan and other similar countries.
VERY VERY TRUE.

In India, I can just retire and never have to work again... 8 years back!

Imagine retiring at 31 or 32!

Here, I know I will be paying my mortgage for very long time so good luck retiring!

In India I would have bought two to three condos (flats) for renting with the payment I used as my downpayment and that would have been enough for retirement income.

I know eventually I will workout similar deal here. But its going to be painful and take more than a decade of hard work.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Oh yeah. Very interesting thread. Some very valid points.

However, you have to kinda look through the prism of general Reddit audience. Reddit attracts younger generation with very radical (left) views and not much of life experience. Housing is bad? Yes. But they make it sound like it's bad only in Canada. Take a look at Dublin. Take a look at Munich. Take a look at Barcelona. In 2012-2013, my former manager ended up buying a condo in Barcelona. Costed him roughly 80-90K euros. Now, you cannot find anything in within his area for less than 500K. Salaries didn't increase linearly.

Health issues? Yeah. Hard to argue. Ford is doing some nuts stuff.

Taxes? That's another big talk. Every Canadian thinks they are paying super high taxes. It's roughly 30%. Check out Italy with their 43% or France with their up to 45% max progressive tax (which is pretty easy to get to if you are SWE).

So, the bottom line is that Canada is not the best country in the world. However, that doesn't mean that other 1st world countries are much better. It's a problem with middle class getting slowly eliminated. It still exists but it not a majority of population anymore. The problems that exist in Canada exist anywhere and the gap between developing countries and 1st world countries is getting smaller. I have already mentioned that in some ways Russia is more developed and has more opportunities than Canada. I am sure that can be said about India, Turkey, Kazakhstan and other similar countries.
Maybe it also depends on the category of people who are immigrating.

I am not sure the english banker who's immigrating to Frankfurt Germany will face the same issues as the Indian immigrant in Canada with all the cultural (and financial) differences...

(and I didn't mention the propension to complain of the people) :)

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
We're not talking about critical care. Of course if you need a highly specialized procedure, Mass General would be better than a random hospital in Louisiana. But in terms of general physician visits etc, it mostly depends on the population density where you live (from my limited experience). ymmv
Ok I'll keep that in mind

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Hi Members,
Any idea on how to get in touch with Singapore Airlines India? I have tried their toll free number but IVR doesn't have option to talk to the representative.
Help would really be appreciated.
Thanks
Welcome to Singapore Airlines India Forum. How can I help you today? May I start with your first and last name?