+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

That's exactly what i keep saying; immigration numbers are way too high. Doing that will become a political issue and the next party that will address it (not by dumb "immigration is bad" but rather "these numbers are too high and we don't have infrastructure for that") will have a real shot at winning. The current government is using immigration as a tool to keep wages down. This is slowly turning into a major problem as more and more Canadians are openly not happy about that. Immigration is important (for Canada) but not with the numbers like that. Yes, I understand that without immigrants there is no future for Canada as Canadians don't want to have as many kids. However, one of the major issues with having kids in Canada is just it's way too expensive to do so. And one of the reasons why it's getting (already is) too expensive is because of unsustainable immigration numbers.

Numbers need to go down.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
That's exactly what i keep saying; immigration numbers are way too high. Doing that will become a political issue and the next party that will address it (not by dumb "immigration is bad" but rather "these numbers are too high and we don't have infrastructure for that") will have a real shot at winning. The current government is using immigration as a tool to keep wages down. This is slowly turning into a major problem as more and more Canadians are openly not happy about that. Immigration is important (for Canada) but not with the numbers like that. Yes, I understand that without immigrants there is no future for Canada as Canadians don't want to have as many kids. However, one of the major issues with having kids in Canada is just it's way too expensive to do so. And one of the reasons why it's getting (already is) too expensive is because of unsustainable immigration numbers.

Numbers need to go down.
Numbers need to go up and the targeted draws should not be implemented before I get the PR. After I get the PR, the number needs to go down and targeted draws need to be implemented.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Numbers need to go up and the targeted draws should not be implemented before I get the PR. After I get the PR, the number needs to go down and targeted draws need to be implemented.
I feel like hypocrite saying that now as I have immigrated but good thing is that I have been saying that for a long time. Targeted draws will not help much. The actual numbers need to go down and at the same time, infrastructure need to be modernized. More affordable housing must be built. It's ridic. how some landlords rent their basement for almost 2K or even more. BASEMENT. Lack of sun would drive me mad. It already does but living in a place where the windows are under the ceiling and paying 2K+ for that is beyond ridiculous.

If the numbers go down and scores shoot up, then accept new rules of the game and play it. I accepted it in 2015 when EE was introduced. @mushymush accepted it and learnt French. Immigration is not a right. I had an offer from a top tech company in the USA but I wasn't selected in H1 because indian consulting companies completely abused the system. I just accepted rules of the game.

• Sad
Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 994371

We have a saying in Hindi:

"Apna kaam banta, gaand marae janta"

which translates to: "Now that I have gotten what I want, people (or public) can go screw themselves." It rhymes in Hindi. One goes against the same crowd that one was part of once.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1083629

We have a saying in Hindi:

"Apna kaam banta, gaand marae janta"

which translates to: "Now that I have gotten what I want, people (or public) can go screw themselves." It rhymes in Hindi.
Not applicable to me. I have been saying that since 2020. I didn’t receive my ita at that point. One of the reasons why I got my degree certified for Netherlands and was planning to move there in August 2022 through highly educated immigrant visa. Got the visa as well.
But you free to think and say that I am against immigration; won’t be the first time people wouldn’t read what I wrote and just assume things.

D

Deleted member 994371

Not applicable to me. I have been saying that since 2020. I didn’t receive my ita at that point. One of the reasons why I got my degree certified for Netherlands and was planning to move there in August 2022 through highly educated immigrant visa. Got the visa as well.
But you free to think and say that I am against immigration; won’t be the first time people wouldn’t read what I wrote and just assume things.

Nothing against you, bro. Just a known phonemon among people in general.

It wasn't directed at you. But was pointing how people feel about immigration before and after they are through.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Nothing against you, bro. Just a known phonemon among people in general.

It wasn't directed at you. But was pointing how people feel about immigration before and after they are through.
I am all for immigration. Especially the skilled immigration. It’s just the current infrastructure is not suitable for those numbers. If you live in Canada (Toronto specifically), you understand what I am saying. One of the issues is rent. Why do you think that landlords can demand 2000 for a basement? Because they know that some immigrant will come and pay it because he has no choice. No credit history, no references. And he won’t pay, there are couple more thousands that are coming and they will pay. And we are not even talking about students. So, here is another of my thoughts: international students should not get direct PR route just because. They should be ranked against each other; phd from top schools should get maximum points. Diplomas from no name schools with 99% foreigners should get the minimal points.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Someone need to slap some sense into Liberals. Canada NOWHERE has enough personnels to process those many applications. IRCC is already in a massive rut and this is turning "Express Entry" into "Express Bullshit". Welcome to 4-5 years of processing time. Its like 2010-15 all over again.

If anything get funding into IRCC and modernize it before going all crazy will immigration. I do not know what the hell happened with their upgrade to new next gen GCMS replacement... Or their AI solution for processing applications. Or what the fuck ever.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
One of the issues is rent. Why do you think that landlords can demand 2000 for a basement? Because they know that some immigrant will come and pay it because he has no choice.
I am living in the middle of massive rent increase and believe me, its more complicated. Lemme show some details:

1. I am trying to get my house painted. Its a small-ish 1250 sqft house. I got the following estimate:

Date: 12/01/2023
Exp. Date:
$12,075.00

12 K + taxes to paint the house. Now granted, it is supposedly using a speciality paint to counteract lead paint but still 12,000 is a massive expense.

And I am not that much bothered about that expense as the OTHER part. They can do it ONLY in JUNE!!! Many painters in Victoria BC are booked for ENTIRE year.

Right now, cost of building houses is STUPIDLY high on the labour cost. If you start today, good luck getting any project done in say ... 1 year.

Right now I am in process of getting quotes of installing heat pump. Its god damned booked for forever! And HVAC people are charging more money to install the damned thing than the actual units themselves.

The upshot of all of the above is simple. There is a MASSIVE shortage of labour in trades. If anything Canada needs more trades people. A HELL LOT OF THEM. This is one of the fundamental reason why housing is so fucked up. There are simply not enough workers to build them! The other reason is that provinces have long closed the tap on land supply.

Now here is another mind boggling thing. FOOD IS EXPENSIVE AS HELL THESE DAYS.

Browse through any canada reddit and you will see that food prices are through the roof! I mean a single head of cabbage is 7 FUKKEN dollars. Why? Because Canada is not having enough labour to operate its farms. They actually have a specialized temporary worker permit for farm workers. This is the limit of stupidity. You need people to grow food. There is a LOT OF fertile land in Canada but they do not have enough workers to grow food!

I mean how hard it is to grow enough food for 40 million people? It cann't be that hard right? There is not lack of land anywhere. They have MASSIVE amount of land. Its just that people are retiring in MASSIVE numbers.

I am seeing day by day stores closing, farms closing and businesses closing because they do not have workers.

Canada needs workers, just the right kind of workers. It needs a shit tonne of workers to run those farms, to build those houses, to run its civil utilities, to treat its people.

So yes, there is need for more immigration, but Liberals are bungling it up crazily like they always do. They are bringing in immigration that is not aligned with what they need, they are handcaping the immigrants who are already here by really stupid regulations and they have fucked up the immigration system for everyone.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I am living in the middle of massive rent increase and believe me, its more complicated. Lemme show some details:

1. I am trying to get my house painted. Its a small-ish 1250 sqft house. I got the following estimate:

Date: 12/01/2023
Exp. Date:
$12,075.00

12 K + taxes to paint the house. Now granted, it is supposedly using a speciality paint to counteract lead paint but still 12,000 is a massive expense.

And I am not that much bothered about that expense as the OTHER part. They can do it ONLY in JUNE!!! Many painters in Victoria BC are booked for ENTIRE year.

Right now, cost of building houses is STUPIDLY high on the labour cost. If you start today, good luck getting any project done in say ... 1 year.

Right now I am in process of getting quotes of installing heat pump. Its god damned booked for forever! And HVAC people are charging more money to install the damned thing than the actual units themselves.

The upshot of all of the above is simple. There is a MASSIVE shortage of labour in trades. If anything Canada needs more trades people. A HELL LOT OF THEM. This is one of the fundamental reason why housing is so fucked up. There are simply not enough workers to build them! The other reason is that provinces have long closed the tap on land supply.

Now here is another mind boggling thing. FOOD IS EXPENSIVE AS HELL THESE DAYS.

Browse through any canada reddit and you will see that food prices are through the roof! I mean a single head of cabbage is 7 FUKKEN dollars. Why? Because Canada is not having enough labour to operate its farms. They actually have a specialized temporary worker permit for farm workers. This is the limit of stupidity. You need people to grow food. There is a LOT OF fertile land in Canada but they do not have enough workers to grow food!

I mean how hard it is to grow enough food for 40 million people? It cann't be that hard right? There is not lack of land anywhere. They have MASSIVE amount of land. Its just that people are retiring in MASSIVE numbers.

I am seeing day by day stores closing, farms closing and businesses closing because they do not have workers.

Canada needs workers, just the right kind of workers. It needs a shit tonne of workers to run those farms, to build those houses, to run its civil utilities, to treat its people.

So yes, there is need for more immigration, but Liberals are bungling it up crazily like they always do. They are bringing in immigration that is not aligned with what they need, they are handcaping the immigrants who are already here by really stupid regulations and they have fucked up the immigration system for everyone.
From the news, this is happening in most of the developed countries, not just Canada.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
From the news, this is happening in most of the developed countries, not just Canada.
But Canada is different. Way different.

1. Canada is majorly english speaking. Try Japan... their government cannot fill the quota of immigration which they had in 2010!
2. Canada has massive experience in immigration and integration.
3. Canada's population is not anti immigration. Or more precise anti labour immigration. Try USA. Entire Ohio will be up in streets.
4. Canada has MASSIVE amount of natural resources and land. Try say France. Or Korea. Or Japan.

If they play their cards right, they can emerge as most advanced country on the planet with largest economy.

No country on the earth has all of the above. Nearest is Australia but it has weird bogans who are anti immigration as hell. Plus who wants to live in a place where everything is out to kill you.

Its a shame that they are bungling their immigration like this. It is perhaps the only country on the earth which can undo the demographic decline without forcing their women to become baby factory.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
But Canada is different. Way different.

1. Canada is majorly english speaking. Try Japan... their government cannot fill the quota of immigration which they had in 2010!
2. Canada has massive experience in immigration and integration.
3. Canada's population is not anti immigration. Try USA. Entire Ohio will be up in streets.
4. Canada has MASSIVE amount of natural resources and land. Try say France. Or Korea. Or Japan.

If they play their cards right, they can emerge as most advanced country on the planet.

No country on the earth has all of the above. Nearest is Australia but it has weird bogans who are anti immigration as hell.

Its a shame that they are bungling their immigration like this. It is perhaps the only country on the earth which can undo the demographic decline without forcing their women to become baby factory.
Immigration aside, things are becoming expensive everywhere but maybe lack of people is having a bigger effect in Canada. Situation in UK is supposed to be even worse than Canada according to the news.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Immigration aside, things are becoming expensive everywhere but maybe lack of people is having a bigger effect in Canada. Situation in UK is supposed to be even worse than Canada according to the news.
Its becoming expensive for many reasons. I think biggest is supply chain disruption. This is the first time west is realizing that globalization gives efficiency but makes supply chains very fragile. Its a glass bridge.

I feel more and more supply chain will be moved inland, specially if new cold war starts -- which I feel is already underway. Chips For America Act, Rare Earths mines restarting in USA and so.

If that happens, most important commodity will be trained labour. For all the chapGPT excitement, I highly doubt in coming 10-20 years, it will be possible to build a reliable workforce out of robots. You will need boots on grounds and hands having hammer and sickles eventually.

Canada can benefit from the situation if they get the right kind of people in. Enable them to be productive and give them a meaningful life in the nation.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Sad part is, at some point Cons will come in and swing too far the other way. Then Libs will come back and make it worse than it is now. There will never be a sensible middle ground.

And the even worse part is, Libs literally had it right upto 2019. Kept the numbers steady and sustainable. All they had to do was pivot and make integration easier and infrastructure better. But why bother when they can focus on short term satisfaction by just upping the numbers like madmen. Mendicino imo was the worst thing to happen to Canadian immigration. And at this point, I don't think the damage can be undone.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Mendicino imo was the worst thing to happen to Canadian immigration. And at this point, I don't think the damage can be undone.
Mendicino is like Midas of shit. Whatever he touches turns into shit. IRCC... CBPA...