+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
So sad to have 9 years go to waste through no fault of your own. I hope things work out for you eventually. Keep pushing and praying. For graduate PNP, I think you'll need to work in a field related to your study to qualify. This was the previous policy but a lot have changed since COVID so perhaps that rule no longer hold. You'll need to search on this forum and ask around to be sure.

All the best.
Hey, are you studying french like some others here as well? I remember your score was around 480s approx a month or 2 ago. I am exactly at 480 right now and am wondering how the new TEER system will affect this. Hopefully it will be in a positive direction.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hey, are you studying french like some others here as well? I remember your score was around 480s approx a month or 2 ago. I am exactly at 480 right now and am wondering how the new TEER system will affect this. Hopefully it will be in a positive direction.
Bruh he's in Canada. Been there for a while. Went on a student visa with a concurrent EE application which got approved while he was there. Did I get that right @wonderbly ? Goddamn, I need to delete my account here...

BTW wonderbly, I'm pretty sure sending an upfront Schedule A like you suggested allowed my application to be processed quickly since there were no interruptions for ADR. Thanks for that tip. That was probably the difference between me being one of the lucky ones with quick processing vs. having to wait the regular 6-8 months.

Regarding TEER, that's just NOC change. Doesn't impact french bonus (total +62 points if you get a B2+, much much lower, like 4 points or something, if you get below a B2+). The changes you're probably referring to are the NOC specific draw that they've hinted on. Again that doesn't impact French. If you have a targetted NOC you're in. If not, you're *probably* out. There is some speculation of expanding French specific draws to the federal level (so not just OINP), so French may still give you a pathway to PR.

Let me put it this way. IMO scores are unlikely to go to 480 before the EE changes are implemented. If you don't have a targetted NOC, then you have three options:
- You can learn french and have a small chance of getting an ITA sometime in the future
- You can get a study permit (but I'm assuming you don't have 100k+ just sitting around waiting to be burned)
- You can forget about Canada and look elsewhere

If you have a targetted NOC, you technically have the option of waiting and hoping. But personally I would have been very uncomfortable if I were in the same situation right now.

This is why I always went in with the assumption that 2022 would be my last chance at going to Canada. I knew that if I went into 2023 without an ITA, I would be closing the Canada chapter in my immigration journey.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Could you please advise on the list of NOC in demand?
In particular, I'm interested in info about 21321-Industrial and manufacturing engineers.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Bruh he's in Canada. Been there for a while. Went on a student visa with a concurrent EE application which got approved while he was there. Did I get that right @wonderbly ? Goddamn, I need to delete my account here...

BTW wonderbly, I'm pretty sure sending an upfront Schedule A like you suggested allowed my application to be processed quickly since there were no interruptions for ADR. Thanks for that tip. That was probably the difference between me being one of the lucky ones with quick processing vs. having to wait the regular 6-8 months.

Regarding TEER, that's just NOC change. Doesn't impact french bonus (total +62 points if you get a B2+, much much lower, like 4 points or something, if you get below a B2+). The changes you're probably referring to are the NOC specific draw that they've hinted on. Again that doesn't impact French. If you have a targetted NOC you're in. If not, you're *probably* out. There is some speculation of expanding French specific draws to the federal level (so not just OINP), so French may still give you a pathway to PR.

Let me put it this way. IMO scores are unlikely to go to 480 before the EE changes are implemented. If you don't have a targetted NOC, then you have three options:
- You can learn french and have a small chance of getting an ITA sometime in the future
- You can get a study permit (but I'm assuming you don't have 100k+ just sitting around waiting to be burned)
- You can forget about Canada and look elsewhere

If you have a targetted NOC, you technically have the option of waiting and hoping. But personally I would have been very uncomfortable if I were in the same situation right now.

This is why I always went in with the assumption that 2022 would be my last chance at going to Canada. I knew that if I went into 2023 without an ITA, I would be closing the Canada chapter in my immigration journey.
You got most of that right - except I am a "she" :D .

I have seen the Schedule A speed things up for quite a number of people, that's why I also did it. You are welcome :cool:.

D

Deleted member 1006777

You got most of that right - except I am a "she" :D .

I have seen the Schedule A speed things up for quite a number of people, that's why I also did it. You are welcome :cool:.
Gah I remembered that you were a couple, just didn't remember whether you were the 'he' or the 'she' haha. I even remember you guys are comp sci and/or AI/ML people..

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly

youngnino

Dec 25, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have a question that might ruffle some feathers but please be kind and help me as I'm completely lost.

I'm 28, have a master's degree, CLB 10, and 3 years of work experience.
Basically, my CRS is 481.

I thought I'd get invited in half a year, so I started getting all my documents in order. The problem is one of my workplaces (Where I spent 11 months) refuses to give me the work experience letter.

I have no idea what I should do. The only thing I have is the pay slips and the insurance records. I honestly don't want to get stuck into the bureaucratic process. Is there any way for me to solve this issue?

And if I prepare the document myself how they would know it's not from the company? would they call and check? cause even then I'd be fine.

D

Deleted member 1006777

The problem is one of my workplaces (Where I spent 11 months) refuses to give me the work experience letter.
Unless your previous or next work experience is 13 months at least, and there was no gap between the two, 11 months of exp is equal to 0 months. You would need 12 months of continuous work experience for it to count at all.

I have no idea what I should do. The only thing I have is the pay slips and the insurance records. I honestly don't want to get stuck into the bureaucratic process. Is there any way for me to solve this issue?
You have several options, and you should do most if not all of the following:
1. You would have gotten something. For example it is standard practice to get an offer letter or a congratulatory email from the compny when you got the job. You also get a letter when you quit. While these aren't in the format IRCC requests, they still serve as proof that you worked there.

2. Outside of that, you can provide payslips, tax documents etc, and explain in a letter of explanation that you are unable to get a letter from them, and describe your responsibilities yourself.

3. You can also try contacting a colleague (preferably a senior, like your manager for example) and ask them to write one for you.

4. Also, get the correspondence where they refuse to give you an employment letter over email, and attach the emails to your application to demonstrate good faith effort on your part to obtain the letter.

And if I prepare the document myself how they would know it's not from the company? would they call and check? cause even then I'd be fine.
They would know because the letter wouldn't be on a company letterhead, and wouldn't have the signature of your supervisor or HR personnel from the company. And yes, they can call and check, that's why they ask for company contact details. If you try to trick them, you'll get burned sooner or later.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
@mushymush Congrats on your PPR!!! 6 weeks is just WOW!!
Ottawa is a great place, expensive but great, I suggest buying your electronics from the US. I have seen some parts of it, and I'll be more than happy to share my experience. I was fortunate to have stayed at a friend's in the heart of it. Cheers!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1006777

@mushymush Congrats on your PPR!!! 6 weeks is just WOW!!
Ottawa is a great place, expensive but great, I suggest buying your electronics from the US. I have seen some parts of it, and I'll be more than happy to share my experience. I was fortunate to have stayed at a friend's in the heart of it. Cheers!!!
Thanks! It's just PPR, I'm waiting for copr before I celebrate anything haha. And yeah, please share your exp. I've never been. I only chose Ottawa because it's relatively smaller (and more "boring") compared to Toronto or Vancouver. Certainly not as expensive as either. And just 3 hours from Toronto and Montreal if I wanted to drop by for a weekend. Options are limited at first, but once I get a remote job, more cities will open up.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Thanks! It's just PPR, I'm waiting for copr before I celebrate anything haha. And yeah, please share your exp. I've never been. I only chose Ottawa because it's relatively smaller (and more "boring") compared to Toronto or Vancouver. Certainly not as expensive as either. And just 3 hours from Toronto and Montreal if I wanted to drop by for a weekend. Options are limited at first, but once I get a remote job, more cities will open up.
What happened to your Canada bashing posts? You have stopped that since receiving ITA :D

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Unless your previous or next work experience is 13 months at least, and there was no gap between the two, 11 months of exp is equal to 0 months. You would need 12 months of continuous work experience for it to count at all.
I don't think this is true? You can combine the work experience for CRS points even with gaps, the continuous experience is just the minimum entry criteria that you must have a 12 months continuous experience in your main NOC you're applying with. Am I correct?

D

Deleted member 1006777

What happened to your Canada bashing posts? You have stopped that since receiving ITA :D
Lol I've said this multiple times, my issues were with IRCC's lack of transpareny. IRCC still sucks. I also said that when there's evidence that they're improving, i'll say so. Right now it looks like it, but I'm sure people with 2019 and 2020 AORs would disagree. Their lack of transparency hasn't changed one bit. Even now, it looks like they're processing recent applications to artificially decrease the average processing time. Plenty of applications allegedly assigned to inactive officers, stuck in limbo for years. I simply got lucky with an ITA and PPR in 2022, otherwise I was fully prepared to walk away from Canada stuff.

My opinion of IRCC remains unchanged so far, but I can't really blame Fraser after the disgusting mess Mendicino left for him. And none of this changes what I've said before about the Canadian economy etc. My intent is/was to paint a counter argument to the all the hopium morons running rampant.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Ever since IRCC processed his applicaiton in record time, he has decided to become an Canadian immigration consultant himself.
Why you gotta insult me by calling me a consultant? I have never lied to people and never sold shady services for easily available information. Pretty sure that disqualifies me from being an immigration consultant.

I'm just posting what I know before I leave the forums. The post AOR process can still be confusing, so I just respond to people who post questions that I know the answers to. Which, by the way, I couldn't do before i got my AOR, because I literally didn't know the answers.