+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yeah i was planning on late spring or summer of next year.

your RFV "changed" to COPR? How? Because you became inland?

My RFV email looks sketchy af. My CIC profile has shown no updates since my BIL. The only reason I assumed the RFV was legit was because it was the right email domain. We'll see in a few weeks.
I have been PR since March and my CIC account is still in progress. No updates or changes whatsoever after last MEP :D .

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Okay I am not finding any reliable info on this. Tagging some people who may have answers:
@dankboi @RSub @wonderbly @ElvisRamaj

I got an email with the subject like "Ready for Visa" and the cic.gc.ca domain. It's a poorly formatted email and doesn't look professional at all, which is making me doubt its legitimacy. I do not have any updates on my CIC profile, no PDFs or letters. I am (allegedly) supposed to send in my passport along with a copy of the "passport request letter", which in my case is a printout of the email, since I didn't receive anything on my CIC account.

Is this PPR? And is it okay to send a copy of the email as the proof of PPR they want?
Can you share the email address from which you received your RFV? In my case too, I never saw any update on my portal. I just got my RFV and sent my passports. From where will you send your passports?

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah i was planning on late spring or summer of next year.

your RFV "changed" to COPR? How? Because you became inland?

My RFV email looks sketchy af. My CIC profile has shown no updates since my BIL. The only reason I assumed the RFV was legit was because it was the right email domain. We'll see in a few weeks.
That was super fast! Well-deserved after so much waiting
Congratsss
And good luck!

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I didnt know even nowadays with IELTS center strict protocols, still a large number of people can pay to buy IELTS! I used to think its just TOEFL home-edition one
Yesterday I heard from one of the collegues , few of her friends have got their PR through Express Entry by buying Ielts!
I know this has always been happening
But so unfair! Its ridiculous that they cannot make this exam a bit more standard

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Okay I am not finding any reliable info on this. Tagging some people who may have answers:
@dankboi @RSub @wonderbly @ElvisRamaj

I got an email with the subject like "Ready for Visa" and the cic.gc.ca domain. It's a poorly formatted email and doesn't look professional at all, which is making me doubt its legitimacy. I do not have any updates on my CIC profile, no PDFs or letters. I am (allegedly) supposed to send in my passport along with a copy of the "passport request letter", which in my case is a printout of the email, since I didn't receive anything on my CIC account.

Is this PPR? And is it okay to send a copy of the email as the proof of PPR they want?
Do me a favour and look at its email headers, especially the sender ip address and a little birdy called DKIM.
DKIM is a way to know if email indeed came from IRCC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys_Identified_Mail). Its good that our friends at IRCC use DKIM. Look at DKIM pass.

Also check ipwhois of the sender. eg 205.194.127.101 belongs to an organization called shared service canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/shared-services.html). They are pretty legit govt of Canada org who provide IT services for govt of canada departments.

If you used gmail as your communication email, then this info is in "original message" option.

D

Deleted member 1006777

W
Do me a favour and look at its email headers, especially the sender ip address and a little birdy called DKIM.
DKIM is a way to know if email indeed came from IRCC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys_Identified_Mail). Its good that our friends at IRCC use DKIM. Look at DKIM pass.

Also check ipwhois of the sender. eg 205.194.127.101 belongs to an organization called shared service canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/shared-services.html). They are pretty legit govt of Canada org who provide IT services for govt of canada departments.

If you used gmail as your communication email, then this info is in "original message" option.

Whoa this is very useful. The DKIM does show PASS, like in the screenshot you shared. The IP is not the same, mine is 205.193.237.25. But I looked it up on ipwhois.io and it does show the organization as Canada Shared Services.

Thanks for this, it basically confirms that the mail is legit. Kinda hard to believe my application was processed in under 6 weeks.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thanks for this, it basically confirms that the mail is legit. Kinda hard to believe my application was processed in under 6 weeks.
You are very welcome and stay blessed :)!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
IRCC.DoNotReplyCPC-O-NePasRepondreCTD-O.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

^This was the email ID. The domain is correct, and there is some french sprinkled in. Sending passport in India.
That's one I got my RFV email from. So its legit. Just follow the instructions and send your passports. I am no sure about the procedure of sending passports from India, but you will definitely find lot of posts here. Congrats again.