+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
My part in this is done. i've sent my passport. They can stamp it when they want. I won't be considering a move before April anyway, so I'm in no rush.
RE: RFV, did you got email about a message in your account? Also, I know you did not track any GUs but did you happen to see any status change whenever you did a login?

D

Deleted member 1006777

RE: RFV, did you got email about a message in your account? Also, I know you did not track any GUs but did you happen to see any status change whenever you did a login?
No, I just got an email with the subject line "Ready for Visa!" There was nothing regarding my account, and my account has/had no message since BIL.

As far as I know, I didn't get any ghost updates at all. The only time there was a status change in my application was immediately after I gave my biometrics. The application was updated with my biometrics number etc about an hour after I gave them. The background etc have been the same then, and there have been no status changes in the account.

Reactions: Jazkh

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
No, I just got an email with the subject line "Ready for Visa!" There was nothing regarding my account, and my account has/had no message since BIL.

As far as I know, I didn't get any ghost updates at all. The only time there was a status change in my application was immediately after I gave my biometrics. The application was updated with my biometrics number etc about an hour after I gave them. The background etc have been the same then, and there have been no status changes in the account.
IRCC amazes me lol, some people get same thing as a message in account but no email. My friend also got RFV but as a message in his account and no notification for the message, Luckily he noticed there is a new message (RFV) which was sent to him 10 days ago!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
IRCC amazes me lol, some people get same thing as a message in account but no email. My friend also got RFV but as a message in his account and no notification for the message, Luckily he noticed there is a new message (RFV) which was sent to him 10 days ago!
Its quite an operation Mickey Mouse Canadian government is running.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ah noo, not again, next you'll say, let me land in Canada, Let me get PR Card, nothing is guaranteed.
Nah, goal was to get COPR. That's it. Once I have that, I'll be satisfied, even if I never set foot in Canada.
mushy reached toronto airport.

in queue , long line to meet immigration officer

finally reaches the officer, hands the passport to the officer,

officer- Ah yes congratulations mushy! you're a permanent resident now and that all the procedures are done, Welcome to Canada!
mushy:

the saga never ends......

more episodes incoming and will last as long as i am able to log in to the forum

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
More competition for Techies. Scenes are fast changing in the US Tech World. Many that did not care about Canada are badly waiting to apply for Canadian PR and applying for Canadian Tech jobs.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/08/1141402046/h1b-visa-immigrant-workers-tech-layoffs-60-days-to-find-a-job
US is the "Mean Girl" of the countries. No surprises here. They are brutal because they love it that way only. Many times for no good reasons.

Oh well, in Canada these folks will have to fight for mythical Canadian experience. Canadian PR is taking a bit longer these days. Job scene? Hard to say. Very person dependent. I tried recently (just for kicks) in Samsung and Google. Samsung was pretty easy. Trouble is they want me to move to Vancouver and raise was not really great. So thank you!

Google kicked me out after 5 interview loops. They told me to come back in 6 months and try again.

I will try Microsoft next year, they have few fully remote roles... Its been long long long time when I last worked for them.

Fun times!

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
US is the "Mean Girl" of the countries. No surprises here. They are brutal because they love it that way only. Many times for no good reasons.

Oh well, in Canada these folks will have to fight for mythical Canadian experience. Canadian PR is taking a bit longer these days. Job scene? Hard to say. Very person dependent. I tried recently (just for kicks) in Samsung and Google. Samsung was pretty easy. Trouble is they want me to move to Vancouver and raise was not really great. So thank you!

Google kicked me out after 5 interview loops. They told me to come back in 6 months and try again.

I will try Microsoft next year, they have few fully remote roles... Its been long long long time when I last worked for them.

Fun times!
The Canadian experience thing for new immigrants is real, even in tech.

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.