Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Lot of these recent laid off amazon/fb/Twitter folks won't have any trouble getting jobs in Canada except at amazon/fb/Twitter.
Quite opposite. Its much easier to convince Amazon/FB/Apple/Google (who the hell works for twitter anyways?) that you can handle your shit if you beat their Algo/coding/design interviews.

Try giving interviews of some of the banks etc. They have VERY VERY laser focused requirements.
-2 years of experience in using chatGPT to develop multichannel banking applications.
-3 years of experience in using `removeAll()` API to clear EJB containers in a canadian mobile financial app.
-10 years of experience in Canadian banking market in developing react.js multichannel mobile applications.

Yeeeeeah!

I will take FAANG/Microsoft interview over this bullshit any day!

D

Deleted member 1006777

mushy reached toronto airport.

in queue , long line to meet immigration officer

finally reaches the officer, hands the passport to the officer,

officer- Ah yes congratulations mushy! you're a permanent resident now and that all the procedures are done, Welcome to Canada!
mushy:

the saga never ends......

more episodes incoming and will last as long as i am able to log in to the forum
When does the next episode come out? :O

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi
D

Deleted member 1006777

they can work at Tata Consultancy, pathetic H1b losers
Why the hate against h1b folks? Regardless of how IRCC has handled immigration, h1b people have it far far worse than people applying for Canadian PR. It's not even remotely comparable. Some Canadian PR applicants are so thin skinned they start freaking out if they don't get an update for a couple of weeks (or even less in some of the AOR threads, it's hilarious). Imagine having to live for years with no updates, tied down to a single employer, and having no meaningful labor rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

djshoki93

Aug 23, 2020
Hey Everyone, asking those who have been in the woods and these forums more recently:
How does the processing time compare right now for FSW-inland and FSW-outland?
I know that the latter should generally last longer than the former because of the more comprehensive background check and all that, but I have heard/read that there is also a backlog of cases, and sometimes backlogs have a weird way of getting cleared out by IRCC.
So I would appreciate any insight on this specifically for someone who is choosing right NOW which one to go for. Thanks.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Lot of these recent laid off amazon/fb/Twitter folks won't have any trouble getting jobs in Canada except at amazon/fb/Twitter.
Quite opposite. Its much easier to convince Amazon/FB/Apple/Google (who the hell works for twitter anyways?) that you can handle your shit if you beat their Algo/coding/design interviews.

Try giving interviews of some of the banks etc. They have VERY VERY laser focused requirements.
-2 years of experience in using chatGPT to develop multichannel banking applications.
-3 years of experience in using `removeAll()` API to clear EJB containers in a canadian mobile financial app.
-10 years of experience in Canadian banking market in developing react.js multichannel mobile applications.

Yeeeeeah!

I will take FAANG/Microsoft interview over this bullshit any day!
From what I have seen, most of them still work at american companies remotely, most get PR just to be on safe side?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
The Canadian experience thing for new immigrants is real, even in tech.
Networking does the trick. I had applied for several jobs but I got interviews from the ones that I approached directly via LinkedIn. I got two offers and both were lesser than my current salary. I took up the one closer to current salary. I had initiated contact with folks a few months ago. So the earlier (and longer) you network, better are the chances. It would be awkward if we approach someone that we connect very recently and ask for an interview.

SteffyC2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Hi All,

Contacted IRCC today,

I got the below info:

VO - Centralized Intake Office
Medical - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Verification for Security - In process

What is Verification for Security? Is it a lengthy process?
What does "Centralized Intake Office" mean?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Networking does the trick. I had applied for several jobs but I got interviews from the ones that I approached directly via LinkedIn. I got two offers and both were lesser than my current salary. I took up the one closer to current salary. I had initiated contact with folks a few months ago. So the earlier (and longer) you network, better are the chances. It would be awkward if we approach someone that we connect very recently and ask for an interview.
There are a ton of recruiting agencies posting jobs on LinkedIn and some of them mentioned that my resume was not selected by their client because I was new to Canada lol. Also, I completed interview process for a couple of jobs and they responded back after more than one month, ridiculous.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
I'm back with weird question of the day.!!!

My cousin currently have a Permanent Residence application under EE PNP program with a nomination from Alberta. The nomination is based on a job offer from a Alberta company and that company advised him that they're going to close down in early 2023.

He wanted to confirm whether he can have an active EE profile alongside the EE PR application? In case the company gets closed, he have to inform Alberta and his nomination would be withdrawn resulting IRCC application being refused/declined.

He want to create a new profile without job offer, since he lives there and have a family in Alberta, he have a good chance to receive an EOI (expression on interest) from Alberta. They usually issue lots of EOIs in beginning of year. By doing so he can have B plan in case company closes before he gets a decision.