Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
Meanwhile, my application status is also saying "your action is required," but I don't see any email or any new messages on my account. Hopefully they are doing something, because I've been waiting since Oct 2020 (FSW-O).

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
I just saw in the "medical results" section of the online account, it says "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details." But I don't see any emails or messages.
I know this is re-med, maybe I should wait for a day or 2.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
I just saw in the "medical results" section of the online account, it says "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details." But I don't see any emails or messages.
I know this is re-med, maybe I should wait for a day or 2.
You should try and contact them via call or webform asap. Also if medicals are required, you should also keep an appointment booked and ready because there is usually a long wait time. Do not wait for them to contact you!

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Update:- I gave my biometrics today and the status has changed to submitted now instead of "your actions is required". The biometrics section on the account home is showing the date of the biometric and its expiry. yours should change the same way I assume.
Thanks, that's what I thought :)

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I don't think we can expect standard processing times by January. That's extremely unrealistic.

- They've implemented TEER, and as expected, people are facing issues updating profiles. Expect delays in processing once they start taking in applications under the new system (which they haven't even fully revealed yet).
- They've upped the intake numbers again, and you can bet they haven't set up adequate infrastructure to deal with the increased numbers (even though they claim they;ve hired more people, I doubt it will be enough in the short term.
- Holiday slowdowns seem to extend a month or two post holidays for IRCC based on the last couple of years.

It's prudent to assume a 1 year processing time at minimum, and that's being extremely charitable, given that their current average is 27 months. And the people freaking out about not getting their PPRs in 3 months, well at least they're giving us an opportunity to laugh at their stupidity.

I will say though, this may be a coincidence, but I have seen several profiles getting their MEPs just a week or so after AOR. Mine took just one week, and after giving the biometrics, my profile was updated almost instantly. A sign of good things to come? Maybe. But we've all learned not to get our hopes up when it comes to IRCC.
I see your point of view and I totally agree that after the last couple of years it's hard to be optimistic regarding anything IRCC-related.... but I actually am quite optimistic.
- According to Immitracker, a few people got their PPRs in 6-8 weeks and almost everyone is getting MEP & BIL done within 2 weeks. I know it's a VERY small sample but still.
- According to the information provided by IRCC, they're on track to getting back to 6 months processing time by end of December.
- Yes, there's a backlog, but let's not forget that for FSW, there's also an 18 month gap when they were not accepting any applications. Once the remaining applications from 2020 are cleared, they'll automatically jump to July 2022.

All that being said, I suppose it's better to assume it will take 12 months and get a nice surprise few months earlier, rather than the other way round.

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
You should try and contact them via call or webform asap. Also if medicals are required, you should also keep an appointment booked and ready because there is usually a long wait time. Do not wait for them to contact you!
I am checking appointment schedule right now. Will send them a webform after.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Any updates for AOR august 2022 ? I saw people with AOR Oct 2022 getting their PPR :oops:
Assuming 6 months processing, August applicants should be getting their PPRs in late January at the earliest. I've seen a few PPRs issued within 6-8 weeks, which is really impressive but I think these are an exception from the rule and I would still expect around 6 months for most applications (and even this is a bit optimistic, as the backlog in has not been fully cleared yet).

Reactions: ilikesnow

pankajnse

Aug 2, 2022
Hello all, when people say "upfront medical", is it pre-ITA, post-ITA, or post-AOR?
From here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html
It seems like it is post-ITA before AOR, right?
So, if I receive the ITA, then I will book an appointment for a medical exam correct?
Why is it called "upfront"?
Does this mean that in the past IIRC would only send us a request for a medical exam post-AOR?
Post ITA
Yes book the exam only after you receive ITA as the test center will ask for it.
Earlier IRCC would send medical request after AOR but it is mandatory to get the test done before you submit your application
Only in case of remedicals

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Any updates for AOR august 2022 ? I saw people with AOR Oct 2022 getting their PPR :oops:
They are many different path in Express Entry... Inland, Outland, FSW,.. (and all the others I never really understand :) )

Some people get their AOR a few minutes after submission and some others two weeks after that...

Concerning my problem, FSW Outland, I check all the posts about timeliness of people in the same boat. They had 5 to 6 weeks between submission and medical pass + BIL. It works perfectly for me.

You have to compare things that could be compare

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Anybody who moved from US to Canada, did you guys get driving history from DMV before moving or just our old US driver's license are enough to show for an exchange of full G license in Ontario?

D

Deleted member 1006777

I see your point of view and I totally agree that after the last couple of years it's hard to be optimistic regarding anything IRCC-related.... but I actually am quite optimistic.
- According to Immitracker, a few people got their PPRs in 6-8 weeks and almost everyone is getting MEP & BIL done within 2 weeks. I know it's a VERY small sample but still.
- According to the information provided by IRCC, they're on track to getting back to 6 months processing time by end of December.
- Yes, there's a backlog, but let's not forget that for FSW, there's also an 18 month gap when they were not accepting any applications. Once the remaining applications from 2020 are cleared, they'll automatically jump to July 2022.

All that being said, I suppose it's better to assume it will take 12 months and get a nice surprise few months earlier, rather than the other way round.
I tried to find some sources to back up what you said, but didn't have much luck. The best I found was a news release prior to the July draw that said that 80% of new applications can expect to be processed in the 6 month standard. I kind of find it hard to believe, since that very website has a bunch of inconsistencies. It comes across more as a means to pat themselves on the back rather than actually show numbers that back up their claims.

However, them making a statement like that in itself is a big deal. We all know IRCC's main strength is overpromising and under-delivering, so I'm still skeptical. But the very fact that they're *trying* is a huge difference.