+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If you look at the data, refugees have the lowest levels of integration, burden on government and finally have jobs, lowest income. Even the libs are reducing number of refugees in total numbers if I'm not mistaken
Yes, they are limiting the government assisted ones, but not the privately sponsored. If you take the whole number with protected persons aswell it is 76k, almost the same number of Federal High Skilled awarded for this year.

Those numbers are completely off the charts and unsustainable to accommodate nor integrate. The fact that Pierre Poilievre hasn't commented on it yet, you bet there is no support on this but he can't make the right arguments at this time and won't risk to turn the direction of the debate from inflation, to immigration.

Read the wonderfully short-explained article below from a well informed individual to really understand the game:

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/macdougall-liberals-immigration-policy-could-set-a-trap-for-pierre-poilievre

--

MacDougall:
Liberals' immigration policy could set a trap for Pierre Poilievre

Canada hopes to boost its annual intake of immigrants to 500,000 by 2025. It's an opportunity — and a problem — for the Conservatives.

Has Justin Trudeau found his wedge issue for the next election, whenever that might be?

Well, the ground has certainly been prepared for a wedging, following Immigration Minister Sean Fraser’s announcement that Canada is seeking to boost its annual intake of immigrants to 500,000 by 2025, a 16 per cent increase from the current 431,000 per annum. In reality, the figure is set to be even higher, as the new federal target is only for permanent residents, which doesn’t include students or work permit holders. That’s a lot of people. Are the Liberals trying to bait Pierre Poilievre’s more nativist Conservatives into a debate over immigration? And will the Tory leader take the bait?

On its face, the Liberal plan to open the taps wider makes total sense. There are more than one million job vacancies across the country and business organizations in every province are begging for more bodies. If Canadians haven’t bred the next-gen workforce, there’s only one other place to look.

This is why, from 2016 to 2021, immigrants accounted for four-fifths of Canada’s labour-force growth. Whatever the source of new workers, the fact is, the Canadian economy simply won’t grow at the rate the country needs until more working cylinders are in place and firing. But the how and why matters, and here it’s not clear the Liberals have much of a plan.

“Canada needs more people,” Fraser told the audience assembled for his policy launch in a Toronto trade school. Despite the urban setting, Fraser actually wants more of Canada’s new arrivals to arrive in places more rural, what with Canada’s cities being jammed to the teeth and all. Well, good luck, as they say, with that.

That’s because much of Canada’s future opportunity — like that of most other major developed economies — lies in our urban areas. And that’s where the new arrivals will want to be. And it’s in those same urban areas that multiple levels of government have failed — repeatedly, over generations — to improve the provision of housing, public transport, and other civic infrastructure.

As a result, our cities are becoming tougher and more expensive places to live, including for immigrants, with fewer able to get on the housing ladder. If politicians are wondering why not enough Canadians are bearing offspring, they could do worse than look at the sky-high cost of living in our cities for their answers. This is, in fact, territory Poilievre has been eager to mine, even if he has no concrete solutions either.

And so, while inviting more permanent residents in the short-term is sensible with the right support, adding more people to our major urban areas without a better plan to house them is a guaranteed short-term headache on affordability, and a medium-to-long term one on inclusion. There is a short-term economic critique to high immigration — centred on the cost of living — for a skilled and reasonable political operator like Poilievre to make ahead of the next election, if he is that way inclined. But it’s also a third rail, if grasped incorrectly.

As Poilievre will know, even the most reasoned economic critique of high levels of immigration leaves its maker exposed to accusations of racism. This goes double when Liberals are available to make the accusation. Indeed, this is the trap the Liberals are hoping they’ve laid. Poilievre will have to gauge how much pain the cost-of-living is causing before he proceeds with an attack and leaves himself open to cries of nativism.

Poilievre will also know the nativists will speak up because the cultural impacts of high immigration are real. To pick one example, just look how little we speak of French versus English these days versus broader claims of racism and lack of inclusion. Immigrants and permanent residents already account for 23 per cent of Canada’s population. How much higher can that figure go without prompting more serious ructions?

Fortunately for Poilievre, the answer to this problem also lies in the country’s economic opportunities: as long as Canadians feel there is opportunity and employment for all, they will be more comfortable with mass arrivals. If they don’t, then they won’t.

It’s that simple — and it has always been the Canadian way on immigration.

Andrew MacDougall is a London-based communications consultant and ex-director of communications to former prime minister Stephen Harper.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
This is why, from 2016 to 2021, immigrants accounted for four-fifths of Canada’s labour-force growth.
Wait, what? So only 20% Canada born Canadians are in the work force? WTF.

D

Deleted member 1006777

So guys, I soft landed in Canada this weekend. I can't believe I am saying this after b*tching about Canada but I kinda like the country. May be I am in a honeymoon period.

Detailed experience here. Happy to answer questions here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-landing-experience-from-2022.778626/post-10265259
Still good to know there even is a honeymoon period. Meanwhile the IRCC website STILL doesn't work reliably. How are they going to import 8 trillion immigrants by 2025 if they can't get their damn immigration website to work properly?

D

Deleted member 994371

This reddit thread describes what I experienced in Brampton while I was there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askTO/comments/yq4lmn
My favorite part is where people casaully admit they have "internalized racism" problem and there is nothing they want to do about it.

A lot of my conversations ended with "This is not India, here things happen systematically and by the book" by some of the older immigrants in Brampton. Ironically enough, they were barely there for more than 3 years lol. Worst were the Khalistani sardarjis who had been living there for two decades who hated every non-sikh Indian immigrant they came across.

Can't wait to become a "Canadian" Canadian where I will shit on fellow FOB Canadians while a housing crisis, health care crisis, and labour shortage crisis will engulf the country to turn into something worse than a third-world country, where things will actually be worse than the country they emigrated from. The moral superiority alone would give me a hard-on.

Last edited by a moderator:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

My favorite part is where people casaully admit they have "internalized racism" problem and there is nothing they want to do about it.

A lot of my conversations ended with "This is not India, here things happen systematically and by the book" by some of the older immigrants in Brampton. Ironically enough, they were barely there for more than 3 years lol. Worst were the Khalistani sardarjis who had been living there for two decades who hated every non-sikh Indian immigrant they came across.

Can't wait to become a "Canadian" Canadian where I will shit on fellow FOB Canadians while a housing crisis, health care crisis, and labour shortage crisis will engulf the country to turn into something worse than a third-world country, where things will actually be worse than the country they emigrated from. The moral superiority alone would give me a hard-on.
Fun story, my wife during pandemic and before she joined the univ worked as a customer support professional for a telco. Due to pandemic, she used to work from home. I could literally tell there used to be 3 major types of callers.

1. Old European origin canadians who were needed to be walked through literally every step including how to reach a mobile store.

2. Canadian families forming or splitting and (former) wife or husband (adding) cancelling the family plan.

3. South Asians trying to explain away their telephone bills or haggling a lower price to hell.

3rd was most peculiar. "Halloooooo!", "Can we talk to aaaaaaaa reeeeeaaaaaal Kaanediiian"?

weird as F! I thought our accents should sound funny but they were having equally funny accent!

So then I asked my wife, whats the deal? Here is what she heard from her colleagues. These folks want to talk to a white person because they think white people are more generous and easily convinced into getting bigger discounts or removing charges. Mind you, all the charges were legit!

• Haha
Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 994371

Fun story, my wife during pandemic and before she joined the univ worked as a customer support professional for a telco. Due to pandemic, she used to work from home. I could literally tell there used to be 3 major types of callers.

1. Old European origin canadians who were needed to be walked through literally every step including how to reach a mobile store.

2. Canadian families forming or splitting and (former) wife or husband (adding) cancelling the family plan.

3. South Asians trying to explain away their telephone bills or haggling a lower price to hell.

3rd was most peculiar. "Halloooooo!", "Can we talk to aaaaaaaa reeeeeaaaaaal Kaanediiian"?

weird as F! I thought our accents should sound funny but they were having equally funny accent!

So then I asked my wife, whats the deal? Here is what she heard from her colleagues. These folks want to talk to a white person because they think white people are more generous and easily convinced into getting bigger discounts or removing charges. Mind you, all the charges were legit!

Offtopic but do you have long hair and are dusky by any chance? When I was in Vancouver, I was visiting richmond. I was in the metro and a family of 3 got on the train on the way over. The man had slighly long hair and the wife was wearing salwar kameez and they had a young son (who looked about 3-5 years old).

Ever since you mentioned you didn't drive, I thought it might be you.

D

Deleted member 994371

After reading that thread, I am convinced that this is all result of colonial mentality that we asians suffer from. I don't wanna blame the british for everything but damn they f**ked us for good. We are suffering the effects of colonialism even after almost a century.

Even for me, everything west = good until I landed here. If nothing else, It got me get rid of that colonial mentality. Now I can appreciate my own culture as well along with others, for what's it worth.

D

Deleted member 994371

Sorry for replying with one more post, but I just wanted to point out how shady the telecom companies are over here. I wanted to reduce my plan to a lower-billed montly plan. On the website, instead of just letting me choose my plan, they had me talk to a customer representative. When I got on the all, she tried upselling me to a higher priced plan. I just kept mentioning my budget to her hoping that she would let me keep my original plan for less money but she just wouldn't budge lol. Ultimately, she let me switch to a plan mentioned on the website in the first place.

If they let me switch plans through the mobile app, I wouldn't try to haggle in the first place. Companies and people here want to squeeze every dime out of your pocket. That's capitalism for me, I guess.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Offtopic but do you have long hair and are dusky by any chance? When I was in Vancouver, I was visiting richmond. I was in the metro and a family of 3 got on the train on the way over. The man had slighly long hair and the wife was wearing salwar kameez and they had a young son (who looked about 3-5 years old).

Ever since you mentioned you didn't drive, I thought it might be you.
I live in Victoria, BC. I used to live in Vancouver. Besides, we are very generic family. I do have long hair however and I am growing beard. I typically grow that in fall because having a beard in winters makes it chill winds more bearable. You put a wool cap on your head, a jacket and facial hairs protects your face.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Saw the thread this morning and this is written by a Chinese immigrant, but yeah Indian folks have similar experiences. But it is not limited to Indian and Chinese. I have seen this in USA amongst other immigrant groups who are not white by skin color. The challenge is the previous generation of immigrants came at a time when these countries (India and China) were not economically sound. So, they did everything possible to be in good books of the whites and get their approval. The newer generation from India and China is lot more confident. They do come here for relatively better life but aren't as hungry for the approval from white folks. And this pisses off the older immigrants who think they "suffered" to give the new immigrants better life here.

Watch this video of Hasan Minhaj (Although he is not FOB immigrant) telling Ellen to pronounce his name correctly and he mentions how his father would disapprove of wasting his time on this in difference of how a younger immigrant feels vs older generation felt when in a new country.

Hasan Minhaj Uses Timothée Chalamet's Name at Starbucks - YouTube

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sorry for replying with one more post, but I just wanted to point out how shady the telecom companies are over here. I wanted to reduce my plan to a lower-billed montly plan. On the website, instead of just letting me choose my plan, they had me talk to a customer representative. When I got on the all, she tried upselling me to a higher priced plan. I just kept mentioning my budget to her hoping that she would let me keep my original plan for less money but she just wouldn't budge lol. Ultimately, she let me switch to a plan mentioned on the website in the first place.

If they let me switch plans through the mobile app, I wouldn't try to haggle in the first place. Companies and people here want to squeeze every dime out of your pocket. That's capitalism for me, I guess.
Major telcos in BC tend to avoid upselling -- atleast thats what I felt from my wife's training material. The reason that they have most things through phone is same reason the big 5 banks here have a lot of things done via bank counter: To accommodate old folks who form the biggest demographics. The day boomer generation dies, a lot of customer service jobs will simply disappear.

The generation Y is more like RTFM, BYOD and DIY generation.

Look at us all, doing our immigration ourself. My father --bless him-- will never attempt such a thing. I can afford to get my immigration done by a pro but I thought DIY is better... gives me more control and insight into the process.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Oh, it is the same with banks as well. I was trying to buy home insurance and a big bank showed me a quote on the website and applied an "online discount". I wanted to buy that plan but one of the coverage items had low value, so I edited it to a higher amount. When I went ahead to buy that insurance suddenly the website told me that I cannot buy it online and I need to talk to an "Insurance specialist". They made me wait 30 minutes on the phone and the guy on the phone said as soon as he will touch the quote the "online discount" would not apply anymore as I took his "help" in preparing the quote. I just disconnected the call, in sheer frustration at that time.