FSW WORLDWIDE

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
ElvisRamaj said:

National identity for starters. At 50% immigrants you basically have no identity and that matters a lot in almost every aspect of life inside the country and outside of it.
GandiBaat said:

Okay. Lets see. Currently the ratio of immigrants is at 25%. What will magically happen at 50% that has not already happened? What kind of twigs will break?

Also be specific by what do you mean by "National Identity". In Canada, it might mean one of the few things, depending upon whom you ask:
1. Canadian citizen
2. Caucasian Race
3. Irish-Scottish ancestry
4. "We are NOT USA"
5. First Nation ancestry

For 1st, you are covered. No issues. And it is the most cited one in all civil discussions. It does imply adhering to Canadian values (which are a real thing even mentioned in constitution as well) though degree is always up for debate.

2nd and 3rd are weird because no one says it aloud because well... Even those Canadians do not want to look like their cousins south. It is there but it is more subtle. I highly doubt it will ever become a political talking point because the bigger Canadian identity is (4)... this (I kid you not) "We ARE NOT USA", even though hilariously, a lot of folks in Canada have family ties beyond 49th parallel and many hold dual passport. Its a canadian thing that I got reminded a lot while living and working in Canada. "We are not USA" is perhaps the strongest sense of Canadian-ness I have seen here.

5th is suppressed. Politically and in every damn way possible. Though it is rising a bit too.

If you are confusing Canadian "National Identity" to something like "USA USA USA" one, refer to 4.

So what do you mean, when you say "National Identity" here? In Canadian context. And what more will go wrong at 50% given we are already at 25%.
National identity has nothing to do with the ones you listed.

As a rule, the place you were "born" and "grew up" in, together at the same time, is your national identity. In this context, you have 75% who were born in Canada. Simple as that. Their national identity is Canada. Their interest, culture, home, soul, view, way of thinking, working, debating, living is Canadian.

You, me and every immigrant cannot be Canadian, our children yes, not us. We were born with another national identity. We can only hope to adabt as much as we can to Canada and their life.

Lets imagine a scenario, if Canada and India went to war, who do you fight for ? You are citizen of both and you are obligated to fight, what do you do ? Which anthem do you sing ? Which flag do you raise ? Well its never going to happen you might suggest, thats what Ukraine thought too. By the way, Ukraine and Russia don't just share a border, their share blood and history together.

Germany has almost 10 million turkish people living there, almost 1/8th of the population and you might point that out, but, Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship. You are either German or Turkish, thats it. Guess who is the leader of Europe ? They don't mess around important stuff.

I guess I was pretty clear on the position of national identity.

ElvisRamaj said:

Quebec will be seperated from the rest of Canada as soon as you reach 30-35% total immigrants. Last time they went for a referendum, only 50,000 votes were in favor to stay united.
GandiBaat said:

You know, Quebec has one of the highest public support for immigrants. 70% According to the survey I was looking at and linked before.

Also, as I said before as well, Quebec issues is NOT really about immigration but about language AND a sense of betrayal from an even back in 80s during repatriation of constitution AKA "The Night of Long Knives" or "The Kitchen Cabinet". Its hilarious. Its very Canadian. And its very painful to Quebecers -- AFAIK.

So, if quebec separatism happens, blame 80s and old True-dough.

You might already have read this fun story, but for sake of others who are not here : https://www.cbc.ca/history/EPISCONTENTSE1EP17CH1PA3LE.html .

So no, if Quebecers quit Canada, its not going to be because of immigrants. it will be the old True-dough and his "machinations" and language identity. But then anyone coming to canada knows this : You want to go live in Quebec, learn the language. Even now, the issue is not immigration per-say but the language identity. Quebecers do not want to bring in people in numbers because simply speaking they do not want to dilute french language based identity. More deeply, they do not trust english speaking part of Canada due to their history.
Quebec can support, integrate and accomodate about 50k immigrants per year without compromising their standard of living, house prices, culture, language fading, infrastructure, etc.

As simple as that. They have done the math and thats the number they get. It was suggested by other parties to go up to 80k, but that is not feasable, at least not for the moment and they have no plan to reconsider it. Simple and to the point, thats why the current government got a majority vote, almost crushing all other parties.

With Quebec, you are one reason away with parting ways and national identity is key to them, you better believe that. There is no Canada without Quebec, it simply isn't. There is no story to be told about the rest if you can't connected as a whole.

ElvisRamaj said:
If a couple makes $200k+ NET a year combined, I would think $20k doesn't make a difference.

A family between $80k - $130k NET a year it matters, and those below those levels its almost a necessity.
GandiBaat said:

Ummm... just to be clear. Do you mean 22K EVERY YEAR or one time? One time is not going to cut it. 22K every year, i dunno. Again, denmark, finland and sweden. It does not work. Like EVER.
That is 20k, one time payment. My suggestion.

Seeing from my point of view and if me and my wife both make up to 80k a year, I would see 20k to be very beneficial for my new born and extremely helping. I wouldn't hesitate much if that was an option. Not as an immigrant and not as a citizen. The first year of becoming a parent I think is very tough on all aspects and having a peace of mind especially financially that year makes things a lot easier.

ElvisRamaj said:

Sure, that why you have a Super Visa and they can stay up to 5 years with you uninterrupted. They need to have PR as well ?

They are retired, what do they contribute to Canada, except emotionally/mentally helping their immidiate family members ? They are actually a cost.

If you were to bring your both parents and you already have a wife and two kids, according to IRCC if you have a GROSS income of $60,228 you are eligible to do that.

Tell me one place in Canada were 6 people can live off with that income. Remember that is GROSS, not NET.
GandiBaat said:
Super Visa is GOOD, it helps but it does NOT allow people to live without major massive issues. Allow me to explain.

Most of healthcare in Canada is based around provincial medical care and atleast in two provinces : BC and Ontario, it is not just HARD but outright impossible to get local health care bill your insurers if they are not provincial insurance.

This is why PR is sought. IF Canada fixes this stupid-stupid issue, people can buy insurance from private providers and likes of cygna and live with just supervisa, again and again.

Otherwise, you need to have a massive stash of cash just to pay and then retrive money from insurance. It is NOT a cost thing but a billing thing. Its stupid and exists due to inefficient billing practices in many health deparments across canada.

Besides, 28K? Thats a drop in ocean when you are bringing in 500K folks.
The government's goal should be to take immidiate care of the most important things first.

Substituting 28k grandparents with 28k doctors and nurses makes the difference between day and night in terms of health care that every Canadian can benefit. It really doesn't matter if the number is big or small for the IRCC to process, its the return you get from both decisions.

Simple and straighforward.

You have 115k vacant jobs in the health care, I would like to think that this is a major GOD damn priority to tackle immidiately. Not tomorrow, now. Grandparents can have their PR after 3 years, because if there is no doctor or nurse, who will take care of them anyway.

ElvisRamaj said:

Yup, as you said, in a lot of punjabi families, a.k.a immigrants, not Canadians. Not continent Europe as well.
GandiBaat said:

Ummm... this is weird. Do you consider a punjabi in Canada to be more immigrant than an Italian in Canada? I doubt that Canadians feel any special attachment to greeks or Lithuanians etc. Most of the non-english speaking Europe suffers from same language barriers as punjabis do. Not to mention they also form cliques like punjabi do.

Look at any Ukrainian business, you will find more ukrainians. Its also a Canadian phenomenon. People almost always have cliques.
I consider almost all immigrants the same.

The lower and more diversified, the better. The better for the community, the province and the country.

I will never live in any neighborhood where the majority are immigrants and I have said it multiple times. The reason is as simple as it gets, if I am moving to Canada, I would like to experience Canada, not some form of Albanian-Canadian for example.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
Just EB2? then, yes even for Indians and Chinese. Tech companies will start processing your GC in the 2nd year itself if you ask them otherwise they will process in the 4th year of your H1b. Very very rarely companies apply for GC on Stem OPT because when your opt expires you are out of status unlike H1B which can renewed after 3 years.

I never did it myself so I do not have personal experience. But... I know people who self petitioned to become GC holder by NIW.
Search for NIW self petition packages... Google shows one.
https://www.eb2niw.com/niw-do-it-yourself-kit/

EB2 (without NIW) with a job offer is usual processing and required employers support. If you are not Indian and not Chinese, you will be fine with processing times.
hi @RSub @GandiBaat, I guess my question would be how willing the tech companies are to sponsor EB2 after I work in the US under STEM OPT? Is it only the big ones FAANG caliber that sponsors EB2? Or most tech companies even startups are willing to sponsor EB2? I meant if it is only FAANG caliber that is willing to sponsor EB2 that means it is not that easy as well to get it right?

So, for 2nd year processing means 5 years after graduation right? 3 years STEM OPT + 2 years H1B?

Is the one you know self-petition a software engineer or a data scientist, not a researcher?

Reactions: RSub
D

Deleted member 994371

National identity has nothing to do with the ones you listed.

As a rule, the place you were "born" and "grew up" in, together at the same time, is your national identity. In this context, you have 75% who were born in Canada. Simple as that. Their national identity is Canada. Their interest, culture, home, soul, view, way of thinking, working, debating, living is Canadian.

You, me and every immigrant cannot be Canadian, our children yes, not us. We were born with another national identity. We can only hope to adabt as much as we can to Canada and their life.

Lets imagine a scenario, if Canada and India went to war, who do you fight for ? You are citizen of both and you are obligated to fight, what do you do ? Which anthem do you sing ? Which flag do you raise ? Well its never going to happen you might suggest, thats what Ukraine thought too. By the way, Ukraine and Russia don't just share a border, their share blood and history together.

Germany has almost 10 million turkish people living there, almost 1/8th of the population and you might point that out, but, Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship. You are either German or Turkish, thats it. Guess who is the leader of Europe ? They don't mess around important stuff.

I guess I was pretty clear on the position of national identity.

Quebec can support, integrate and accomodate about 50k immigrants per year without compromising their standard of living, house prices, culture, language fading, infrastructure, etc.

As simple as that. They have done the math and thats the number they get. It was suggested by other parties to go up to 80k, but that is not feasable, at least not for the moment and they have no plan to reconsider it. Simple and to the point, thats why the current government got a majority vote, almost crushing all other parties.

With Quebec, you are one reason away with parting ways and national identity is key to them, you better believe that. There is no Canada without Quebec, it simply isn't. There is no story to be told about the rest if you can't connected as a whole.

Seeing from my point of view and if me and my wife both make up to 80k a year, I would see 20k to be very beneficial for my new born and extremely helping. I wouldn't hesitate much if that was an option. Not as an immigrant and not as a citizen. The first year of becoming a parent I think is very tough on all aspects and having a peace of mind especially financially that year makes things a lot easier.

The government's goal should be to take immidiate care of the most important things first.

Substituting 28k grandparents with 28k doctors and nurses makes the difference between day and night in terms of health care that every Canadian can benefit. It really doesn't matter if the number is big or small for the IRCC to process, its the return you get from both decisions.

You have 115k vacant jobs in the health care, I would like to think that this is a major GOD damn priority to tackle immidiately. Not tomorrow, now. Grandparents can have their PR after 3 years, because if there is no doctor or nurse, who will take care of them anyway.

I consider almost all immigrants the same.

The lower and more diversified, the better. The better for the community, the province and the country.

I will never live in any neighborhood where the majority are immigrants and I have said it multiple times. The reason is as simple as it gets, if I am moving to Canada, I would like to experience Canada, not some form of Albanian-Canadian for example.

Prepare to be disappointed, mate. Canada is doing everything opposite you would like it to do.

Canada is all about multiculturalism, rather than being a melting pot. You should have aimed for US.

Best you can do is find yourself a closed community in Quebec. Rest of canada will be dead to you.

What's worse is it's already too late for change.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Prepare to be disappointed, mate. Canada is doing everything opposite you would like it to do.

Canada is all about multiculturalism, rather than being a melting pot. You should have aimed for US.

Best you can do is find yourself a closed community in Quebec. Rest of canada will be dead to you.

What's worse is it's already too late for change.
I don't know why you think it will be dead to me ?

Because I suggested more doctors/nurses than grandparents, or direct financial help per new born to help increase Canada's birth rate, or less but specific diversified immigration tackling the job vacancies, or willing to change career and get into trades if thats what it takes to be successful, or perhaps learning the history of Canada since the inception to try and comprehend it better since I might be its citizen one day, or perhaps owning both languages to have a better chance of integrating myself wherever I choose to settle ?

Please, enlighten me !

Reactions: catalin1122
D

Deleted member 994371

I don't know why you think it will be dead to me ?

Because I suggested more doctors/nurses than grandparents, or direct financial help per new born to help increase Canada's birth rate, or less but specific diversified immigration tackling the job vacancies, or willing to change career and get into trades if thats what it takes to be successful, or perhaps learning the history of Canada since the inception to try and comprehend it better since I might be its citizen one day, or perhaps owning both languages to have a better chance of integrating myself wherever I choose to settle ?

Please, enlighten me !

Because you are thinking of Canada as the US. US attracts all kinds of talents around the world. Canada is where people go when US rejects them.

Canada attracts Chinese and Indians because US won't take them.

Just to give you an example of Canadian multiculuralism:

1. Recently we had the festival of Diwali, part of the festival celebration is bursting crackers or fireworks. With the amount of Indians in Brampton and Missauga, thye lit up the entire city. Next morning, there was smog everywhere. All of Canadian cities subreddits were full of "coconut" Indians apologizing on behalf of the rest of the brown folks, saying how they are ashamed to be brown, how they could bleach themselves and change their something anglosaxon etc etc. Guess what happened? White people came out in support of Diwali by saying since its okay to burst crackers at Canada day and New years eve, its okay to light fireworks on Diwali as well. Few of them wanted to know how they could join the Indian community in their dance parties on Diwali.

2. Something that I witnessed at Calgary airport:
Imagine seeing something like this at an airport:

When I was leaving Calgary, I ran into a group of Sikhs wearing these dresses at an airport. You'll be hard to find sikhs wearing these dresses even in India. You might find a few of them wearing these in Punjab Gurudwaras but its a rarity to see them even in Delhi. There were women in these groups who had mustaches and few strands of beard (because apparently women too can get them). Sikh women can't shave or remove those hair because Sikhism forbids it. No one bat an eye at them. Everyone at the airport treated them normal. No one even stared at them, except for me. I was just shocked at how no one treated them different. At that day, I realized you can be anything in Canada.

This is what Canada is to me. Live and let live. You don't force your values and culture on someone else.

Out of curiosity, you have already mentioned you completed your schooling in the US. How did the US dream not work out for you? Not trying to antagonize you, what happened there? I don't imagine there is a 70 year old queue time for green card for Albanians. US is everything what you hope Canada will be one day.

The reason I keep going back to Quebec is the place of you is, that's the only place where they want to "preserve their heritage." It's french or GTFO. I don't imagine they would be pleased to see Punjabi speaking sardarjis in northern Quebec. You might fit right in with those folks since you are francophone as well and hate what the real Canada is.

Last edited by a moderator:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
hi @RSub @GandiBaat, I guess my question would be how willing the tech companies are to sponsor EB2 after I work in the US under STEM OPT? Is it only the big ones FAANG caliber that sponsors EB2? Or most tech companies even startups are willing to sponsor EB2? I meant if it is only FAANG caliber that is willing to sponsor EB2 that means it is not that easy as well to get it right?

So, for 2nd year processing means 5 years after graduation right? 3 years STEM OPT + 2 years H1B?

Is the one you know self-petition a software engineer or a data scientist, not a researcher?
On a OPT, I don't think companies will file for your GC. Its super rare. On h1b, tech companies will sponsor your GC. Most tech companies and even small start-ups do sponsors GC. By 2nd year, I meant about your time in the company and on the assumption that you will be on H1B.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I've just learned about this EB2-NIW and it seems interesting at first but if I'm getting everything correctly, a normal (Canadian) ECE master's guy with only work experience (in tech) with no reputable publications/citations has no shot at it, right? The self-petition is for the people with "impact"?
Correct. But I have seen people with Master's getting their EB2 NIW. What they do is they start the ground work early by publishing papers, filing a patent application (pending patent is fine) on their name, some industry recognition like awards. Also, if you are a Canadian and your country of birth is not India or China, then you can come to US on a L1 A or L1 B or H1b, find a company to sponsor your GC, and get your GC within 15 months.

Reactions: theonlyone1

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Researcher. But anybody can get a publication or a patent or awards.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

One more thing, if you badly need a GC, then approach an Indian-origin or Chinese-origin attorney in the US. They know how to get your GC. Stay away from American (non-brown or asian) attorneys because they don't know what the actual F they are talking about.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The biggest chunk of immigrants in Canada are of Indian or Chinese origin. India and China both do not recognise dual citizenship. So the moment I take Canadian passport, I surrender Indian one. I am personally an Indian. If this war happens after I took Canadian passport, I will fight for Canada, raise its flag and so on. If the war happened before I took Canadian citizenship, I will relocate my entire family and myself back to India for the fear of persecution by Canadian government. In India, it is almost impossible I will he called for war as India has one of the biggest defence forces in the world and surely against Canada they will not be running out of personnels before they run out of equipment and ammunition.

Do not worry, India and China has already solved this problem for you. You can be ONLY India or ONLY chinese. None of these countries recognize dual citizenship. And together they form one of the largest part of immigrants. This year only, they form 32 + 8 = 40% of immigrants. If Canada allows more immigrants, you will get much much more Indian and possibly Chinese origin folks only.

As simple as that.
I doubt Quebec said ANY thing about culture and infrastructure and "etc". The only reason reiterated by Legault and Fréchette was ability to teach new comers language.

And lets not forget, both Conseil du patronat (quebec's association of employers) and quebecers themselves are actually in favour of at least current level of immigration and has asked its government to reconsider its target in immigration.

70% of quebecers had no problem with current level of immigration.

https://www.environicsinstitute.org/docs/default-source/project-documents/focus-canada---fall-2022---immigration-refugees/focus-canada-fall-2022---canadian-public-opinion-about-immigration-refugees---final-report.pdf

From the document ...
Agree-Disagree: “Overall, there is too much immigration to Canada.”

In Quebec – where immigration featured prominently in the just concluded provincial election – opinions about immigration levels mirror the national average (70% disagree, versus 25% agree, unchanged from 2021.

20K one time payment is likely to not cut it. Biggest expense tends to be daycare and that is being fixed as we speak in many provinces. In countries with even bigger financial support for babies, it has not really stopped the decline in fertility: like Sweden, Denmark etc. Highly doubt 22K one time payment is going to make a dent in decline of per female fertility rate required to support population.

There are already 472K seats that can be filled by nurses in immigration. They can do NOC specific draws and just give nurses more preference. Which I think in new system is going to happen.

That said, it will still not solve the problem as doctors and nurses need to under go residency and related training before they can operate in Canada. Thats the bottleneck.

filling 28K PGP with nurses and doctors might bring more nurses and doctors but they will sit idle or drive taxi as system to accomodate them is not in place.

The reason is as simple as it gets, if I am moving to Canada, I would like to experience Canada, not some form of Albanian-Canadian for example.
Sorry mate, Canada owes nothing in terms of experience to any of us. Canada takes decision on immigration policy to help itself.

Last edited:

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Because you are thinking of Canada as the US. US attracts all kinds of talents around the world. Canada is where people go when US rejects them.

Canada attracts Chinese and Indians because US won't take them.

Just to give you an example of Canadian multiculuralism:

1. Recently we had the festival of Diwali, part of the festival celebration is bursting crackers or fireworks. With the amount of Indians in Brampton and Missauga, thye lit up the entire city. Next morning, there was smog everywhere. All of Canadian cities subreddits were full of "coconut" Indians apologizing on behalf of the rest of the brown folks, saying how they are ashamed to be brown, how they could bleach themselves and change their something anglosaxon etc etc. Guess what happened? White people came out in support of Diwali by saying since its okay to burst crackers at Canada day and New years eve, its okay to light fireworks on Diwali as well. Few of them wanted to know how they could join the Indian community in their dance parties on Diwali.

2. Something that I witnessed at Calgary airport:
Imagine seeing something like this at an airport:

When I was leaving Calgary, I ran into a group of Sikhs wearing these dresses at an airport. You'll be hard to find sikhs wearing these dresses even in India. You might find a few of them wearing these in Punjab Gurudwaras but its a rarity to see them even in Delhi. There were women in these groups who had mustaches and few strands of beard (because apparently women too can get them). Sikh women can't shave or remove those hair because Sikhism forbids it. No one bat an eye at them. Everyone at the airport treated them normal. No one even stared at them, except for me. I was just shocked at how no one treated them different. At that day, I realized you can be anything in Canada.

This is what Canada is to me. Live and let live. You don't force your values and culture on someone else.

Out of curiosity, you have already mentioned you completed your schooling in the US. How did the US dream not work out for you? Not trying to antagonize you, what happened there? I don't imagine there is a 70 year old queue time for green card for Albanians. US is everything what you hope Canada will be one day.

The reason I keep going back to Quebec is the place of you is, that's the only place where they want to "preserve their heritage." It's french or GTFO. I don't imagine they would be pleased to see Punjabi speaking sardarjis in northern Quebec. You might fit right in with those folks since you are francophone as well and hate what the real Canada is.
First of all, lets get clear on something, I don't associate Canada with the US in the least, apart from the infrastructure.

Secondly, I see absolutely nothing wrong with an ethnic group celebrating their religious day, unless is done in a very arrogant way. Whats not to like seeing people cheer up ? Plus, watching frieworks blow up in the sky is always pleasing, unless someone aims it at your house or someone loses their eyesight or whatnot. I would guess not only white folks like that, I am pretty sure Africans and Latin Americans like fireworks too.

About my education and american dream. Yes, I have a degree from a US university that has a branch in Albania and I have never tried going for a green card in USA. It wasn't worth the wait for me and I could never live "illegally" there until my green card comes after 15 or 20 years. I like freedom too much to put myself in those kind of situations.

Quebec wants not only to preserve its heritage and way of life but also maintain its influence. Those are political views shared by the province. They like their language, they have done their homework on immigration and they would like to stay on course. How would you think thats a bad idea when a province does their research properly ? Watch the price of homes in Quebec, they are less than half of what you typically see in the rest of Canada. If you were to compare the homes in Ottawa and Gatineau, a brigde cross saves you $350k - $600k for the same type of house. You can rarely see a $1M home in Gatineau, in Ottawa that is almost the average price. They can't be compared I know, but its gives you a sense that in Quebec somehow your money has value from a point of view and you are able to actually afford things.

I dont know how I left you the impression that I hate what real Canada is ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

The guy I know did his self petition as a software engineer. As I said before, I never did NIW or EB2 myself so I do not have personal experience of it. Heck, I do not even like to step into USA for my own personal reasons. At this point, to find more about EB2, I will also have to do google'ing like anyone else.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The biggest chunk of immigrants in Canada are of Indian or Chinese origin. India and China both do not recognise dual citizenship. So the moment I take Canadian passport, I surrender Indian one. I am personally an Indian. If this war happens after I took Canadian passport, I will fight for Canada, raise its flag and so on. If the war happened before I took Canadian citizenship, I will relocate my entire family and myself back to India for the fear of persecution by Canadian government. In India, it is almost impossible I will he called for war as India has one of the biggest defence forces in the world and surely against Canada they will not be running out of personnels before they run out of equipment and ammunition.

Do not worry, India and China has already solved this problem for you. You can be ONLY India or ONLY chinese. None of these countries recognize dual citizenship. And together they form one of the largest part of immigrants. This year only, they form 32 + 8 = 40% of immigrants. If Canada allows more immigrants, you will get much much more Indian and possibly Chinese origin folks only.

I doubt Quebec said ANY thing about culture and infrastructure and "etc". The only reason reiterated by Legault and Fréchette was ability to teach new comers language.

And lets not forget, both Conseil du patronat (quebec's association of employers) and quebecers themselves are actually in favour of at least current level of immigration and has asked its government to reconsider its target in immigration.

70% of quebecers had no problem with current level of immigration.

https://www.environicsinstitute.org/docs/default-source/project-documents/focus-canada---fall-2022---immigration-refugees/focus-canada-fall-2022---canadian-public-opinion-about-immigration-refugees---final-report.pdf

From the document ...

20K one time payment is likely to not cut it. Biggest expense tends to be daycare and that is being fixed as we speak in many provinces. In countries with even bigger financial support for babies, it has not really stopped the decline in fertility: like Sweden, Denmark etc. Highly doubt 22K one time payment is going to make a dent in decline of per female fertility rate required to support population.

There are already 472K seats that can be filled by nurses in immigration. They can do NOC specific draws and just give nurses more preference. Which I think in new system is going to happen.

That said, it will still not solve the problem as doctors and nurses need to under go residency and related training before they can operate in Canada. Thats the bottleneck.

filling 28K PGP with nurses and doctors might bring more nurses and doctors but they will sit idle or drive taxi as system to accomodate them is not in place.

Sorry mate, Canada owes nothing in terms of experience to any of us. Canada takes decision on immigration policy to help itself.
1. I didn't know India and China didn't allow dual citizenship, learned a new thing there. Thanks.

2. The point of inviting doctors and nurses is to place them into the field and not let them sit idle.

3. Yes, I very much know that Canada makes its own policy and the only thing we can do is just to express our opinion about it.

One thing I didn't understand, did we agree on national identity ?

Reactions: AlmostThere2

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
2. The point of inviting doctors and nurses is to place them into the field and not let them sit idle.
And thats the bottleneck.

My usual taxi driver in Vancouver (i have his phone no and whenever I visit vancouver, I call him) is an Iranian doctor. We typically talk about joints and joint pains (my mother suffers from it) during the ride and his experiences in working in Iranian hospitals. It has been quite sometime for him working towards his license.

One thing I didn't understand, did we agree on national identity ?
Well, let me put it in this way. National identity in Canadian terms is not as cut and dry as you want it to be. There are way to many nuances to it in Canada. I think national identity is political inclination towards a nation's value bundled with its citizenship so it is acquirable and not innate or something you need to take birth again to acquire.

That being said, I will personally never take Canadian passport for re-getting Indian passport is much harder. Its not a nationalism thing for me, its more of a pragmatic thing for me. India for all its faults is on the way up (personal opinion). I will love to retire in a more developed India in future.

D

Deleted member 994371

That being said, I will personally never take Canadian passport for re-getting Indian passport is much harder. Its not a nationalism thing for me, its more of a pragmatic thing for me. India for all its faults is on the way up (personal opinion). I will love to retire in a more developed India in future.

Would you agree with the statement that while countries like India are on their way up, developed countries are on their way down. It seems like the golden period of developed countries was in the 60s to 80s. It has been downhill for them ever since.

Case in point - the hospitals crisis, inflations, HCOL in all developed countries that we are witnessing right now. I know that this is part of the ebb and flow of economics that we are witnessing right now but as a boy growing up in India, who was told if you made to "phoren' land, you made it in life - developed countries don't seem all that they spruced up to be (granted I have only been to Canada).

Each and every country comes with their own set of problems. When you switch countries, you switch one set of problems with another. No country seems like Utopia.

Reactions: AlmostThere2