+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

Or wait for the dream scenario. Remote work for a US company, best of both worlds free Healthcare and a USD salary.
It's already happening. Lots of recruiters reaching out on LinkedIn. I think USA employers don't want to deal with visa issues.
Dealing with taxes is annoying. You essentially need to make sure that you don't pay in Canada and in the states. For that, you need a good CPA that knows crossborder taxation. It can be done with a little research and I will do my research when/if that becomes a case for me.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Why liberals destroyed the production to the point that it would take 3-4 years just to prepare a facility?
It was actually the conservative government under Harper that cut research funding and eventually destroyed local manufacturing capacity. The US and Germany had existing production capability that just had to be modified. Completely different from Canada, where local production facilities were defunded a long time ago, and any new manufacturing would need facilities to be built from scratch. Even in 2020, they said the facilities planned for mtl and ottawa would be post 2023 and wouldn't impact their COVID response in any way.

It's actually a good response, all things considered, to have learnt from the COVID screw up and prepare for future events.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Dealing with taxes is annoying. You essentially need to make sure that you don't pay in Canada and in the states. For that, you need a good CPA that knows crossborder taxation. It can be done with a little research and I will do my research when/if that becomes a case for me.
It's actually quite easy. Just fill out a w8-ben form with your usa employer. They won't cut any usa taxes and you file canadian taxes at the end of the year.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1083629

It was actually the conservative government under Harper that cut research funding and eventually destroyed local manufacturing capacity.
I see. Thanks.

I am wrong then. Still, I wish something was done by the current government to fix it.

D

Deleted member 1083629

It's actually quite easy. Just fill out a w8-ben form with your usa employer. They won't cut any usa taxes and you file canadian taxes at the end of the year.
Oh, I see. Cool, thanks. Will def. take a look if I get any interest from the US guys.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I see. Thanks.

I am wrong then. Still, I wish something was done by the current government to fix it.
Edited teh original comment, take a look. I'll try to find sources later. I remember reading about all of this back in 2020, but obviously don't have sources saved or anything.

Current facilities being built is a good response from the current govt. Credit where credit is due.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Edited teh original comment, take a look. I'll try to find sources later. I remember reading about all of this back in 2020, but obviously don't have sources saved or anything.

Current facilities being built is a good response from the current govt. Credit where credit is due.
Cheers. If they bring production back to Canada, that would open many jobs and maybe, this step is just the beginning to bring a mass production back to Canada.

Yup. Have to give credit to JT in that sense.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Hey gang, saw an interesting video, wtd to have your take, especially with regards to the ranking, it got me thinking are most indians making a mistake by immigration, but ofc, immigration is a multifaceted issue.
A western passport is the best insurance policy an Indian can have. It's literally a get-out-of-jail-free card.

• Haha
Reactions: AlmostThere2

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
You can refer to the entry and exit stamps in your passport for the dates. If you really can't retrieve them, add an explanation in your Client Information document.

The important dates in your personal history are the ones that need to line up with those provided in your education history, work history, and address history. The dates for entries for things like membership in student organisations are probably not so important. In any case, add an entry in your Client Information document for each that you are unsure of.
Hi @OneStepAtATime, thanks a lot for your detailed answer and for answering my question just because no one has answered it yet! I will follow your instructions about the personal activity and LOE!

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Canada has so many problems but if I start listing them and talking about them, certain people will come here, call me "ungrateful newcomer" and how I don't deserve PR and I should stay in my home country. Oh, and how I spread negativity and all that.
Well, we're not on this forum to get likes on our comments! Please do share your experiences, esp. negative ones. The more we know, the better prepared we are.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Does anyone know if there will be a problem with getting SIN at a Service Canada in Québec, even though you reside in Ontario, if you were in a border town and the one in Québec happens to be closer? TIA.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020