Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hello guys, probably someone has asked this before, but how come across the score brackets the one who has 501 - 600 points get added the most every two weeks? There seem to be roughly 1000 applicants added to this score bracket every two weeks. I thought since it is one of the highest tiers, it should have fewer applicants compared to other score brackets. Is this sustainable or will the number of added applicants in this score bracket decrease over time?

One possible reason might be because the other score bracket is in the range of 10 points, such as 471 - 480, 481 - 490, whereas 501 - 600 is in the range of 100 points?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1006777

Hello guys, probably someone has asked this before, but how come across the score brackets the one who has 501 - 600 points get added the most every two weeks? There seem to be roughly 1000 applicants added to this score bracket every two weeks. I thought since it is one of the highest tiers, it should have fewer applicants compared to other score brackets. Is this sustainable or will the number of added applicants in this score bracket decrease over time?

One possible reason might be because the other score bracket is in the range of 10 points, such as 471 - 480, 481 - 490, whereas 501 - 600 is in the range of 100 points?
It's not that complicated. People are getting higher scores. It's not that hard to, especially for CEC. There's no grand conspiracy behind it.

Given the current draw sizes, scores will stay 500+. If draw sizes were to increase to the previous values like 3500 and above, then scores will drop pretty quickly. Then there's the looming threat of the new system next year. Nobody knows how it'll affect scores.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

mehrab2603

Jan 20, 2018
It's not that complicated. People are getting higher scores. It's not that hard to, especially for CEC. There's no grand conspiracy behind it.

Given the current draw sizes, scores will stay 500+. If draw sizes were to increase to the previous values like 3500 and above, then scores will drop pretty quickly. Then there's the looming threat of the new system next year. Nobody knows how it'll affect scores.
Isn't there supposed to be a new TR to PR program to be announced before 8 September? That should bring the scores down if we have separate draws for that alongside normal FSW draws.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Isn't there supposed to be a new TR to PR program to be announced before 8 September? That should bring the scores down if we have separate draws for that alongside normal FSW draws.
One thing to remember is that the new immigration minister has announced a bunch of new PR programs on top of Express Entry for international students/temporary workers in Canada, Ukrainians who got free work permits, now supposedly there is a new PR program in the works for undocumented workers. The problem is the yearly PR quota is fixed and IRCC has already reduced FSW+CEC quota by half for this year and next year because they took too many TR to PR applications last year and to top all of this, there will be NOC specific draws next year. It is not clear how these new programs will be introduced but I bet that draw size of Express Entry will suffer or they will just use it for a small number of NOC specific invitations and focus the rest on these new programs. I doubt IRCC is willing to kick out all the Ukrainian refugees after going to the trouble of giving them free work permits.

Sam_Alpha_7

Aug 31, 2022
I have some doubts regarding the NOC-B job reference letter for Immigration purposes.
I work in one of the Divisions of a well-known Canadian MNC company. I am employed Temporary Full-Time (40hrs/week,6 months Contract) and that position comes under NOC-B. Unfortunately, the division will be closing in December 2022. So my questions are:
1. Will I be able to consider this experience in my future PR process(CEC)?
2. Does the letter need to be from HR, the Production Supervisor, or the Production Manager?
3. When should I ask them for such a letter, I mean at the end of my employment or now?
4. I am paid on an hourly basis, so what should the letter include an estimated monthly, weekly, or hourly salary?
5. If HR denies this, can I still get the letter from the supervisor? If so will that be considered by IRCC?
6. I will be applying for PR after almost 1 year, by that time this company(plant) will be closed permanently. If IRCC wants to verify, how would I be able to prove that time?

Thank you in advance.

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys, recently my request for a visitor visa was rejected.

1: Does it have any impact on my express entry application or could it delay the processing time?

2:Since I've already done biometric , does it mean I don't need to do it again?

Dec 1, 2015
I don't care enough to keep track, but here's the pool distribution as of two days ago. Feel free to do the math

CRS score rangeNumber of candidates
601-1200538
501-6008,221
451-50062,753
491-5005,435
481-4909,129
471-48018,831
461-47016,465
451-46012,893
My CRS is 509, hoping they get to us on next draw

auzair

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
My CRS is 509, hoping they get to us on next draw
Yes, I think if the trend holds then next minimum CRS score would be ~508. It's possible that by the September 28th draw, CRS would be down around 500. At least that's what I'm hoping because mine is 481. Wishful thinking! :D

Reactions: anis-aoudjehane

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024

Why would people are getting higher scores, especially CEC?
One thing probably they are already in the pool then their CRS rise because they have another year of work experience in Canada.
However, for CEC, the increase in points due to work experience should only affect the first draw of the month, but we see on average 1000 people with 501 - 600 CRS get into the pool every two weeks even in the middle or end of the month.
Is this because of additional 50 points for French proficiency?

dk17

Sep 5, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone, had a quick question I was hoping to get help with:

Do I have to declare my current job and/or provide documentation for it if I am not claiming points for it?

For context, I have 3 years of past experience I am claiming, and have been working in my current job in Canada for about 7-8 months (no LMIA was filed and it is not an LMIA exempt job, so not like I get points for it anyway).

empra2r

Aug 4, 2022
Hi guys, I have a question for you

My total work experience at the moment- as counted by my LinkedIn profile is 5 years and 2 months. I have left that job, so this number is not going to change. I have just submitted an SINP application. In the work experience section, I mentioned to have 5 years of experience, so my score became 65 - which was enough for me to be nominated in their very last draw. However, I am worried on how they count the work experience years.

So basically, around 5-6 months of my work experience is at the same time of my MBA studies, and another 10 months at the same time of me serving the army back in my country. While I did work full time in those periods of times, I have read here and there that they might count those periods as half - or consider it as half time and not eligible for full time.

So what I am worried now is that, in case I will be nominated for SINP, will they rely on my work documents solely to count the 5 years, or will they go through my personal history and count the years of my work experience according to their own criteria.
Could anyone help me please.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Why would people are getting higher scores, especially CEC?
One thing probably they are already in the pool then their CRS rise because they have another year of work experience in Canada.
However, for CEC, the increase in points due to work experience should only affect the first draw of the month, but we see on average 1000 people with 501 - 600 CRS get into the pool every two weeks even in the middle or end of the month.
Is this because of additional 50 points for French proficiency?
I definitely think more people learning french is a part of it. But that's independent of CEC. What I meant was that each additional year of Canadian exp gives a lot of points. You're right that should only be reflected in the beginning of the month. But remember people make profiles at different times. It's not just that existing profile scores are going up. People may make profiles at different times of the month. There's also the possibility of people with stagnant LMIA applications are now getting completed.

Point is, none of this matters. If you have the ability to get a 500+ score, do it. If you're FSW, french is likely your only option. Otherwise you sit and wait. How is this hypothesizing going to help in the slightest? You either havee a high enough score or you don't. It makes zero difference what others are doing to boost their scores.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I doubt it will have that effect. There's nothing stopping them from applying for both. Remember that eligibility criteria are different for CEC vs TR to PR. Someone eligible for both could easily waste an ITA and decide later on which stream to pay for. That already happened last time. You seriously think IRCC has the foresight to account for wasted ITAs? Gimme a break lol