Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My doubt is can I apply for PR under FSW category once I land in Canada on student Visa? (I know while applying for student Visa I would have to withdraw my profile and I will do that) but then can I put it back once I get the student Visa? Is it possible?
Yes you can apply for PR under FSW category ANYTIME, provided you have invite.

Also you do not need to withdraw your profile. Canada follows doctrine of dual intent. You can have two intents for permanent and temporary residence in Canada. Also, the standard in Canadian immigration law for any temporary status / visa is that of following Canadian IRPA and IRPR. Its often erroneously thought as leaving Canada after your study permit. It is NOT. If you seek any further status as a PR at anytime for which you are eligible, it does not make you look in contradiction of IRPR or IRPA. When you apply for your study permit, you will have to PROOVE that you have sufficient motivation to NOT STAY in Canada Illegally. That is you have sufficient attachment to you native country socially, economically and politically. The officers make their decision on balance of probablity that if you are more likely to break IRPR and IRPA and stay illegally in Canada. By applying for PR to be very honest you are showing your intent to actually follow the law.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Today's score is 516. I suspect we could see high 490's before the end of this year or Jan 2023. Since you will lose points in Feb 2023, have a plan b which is your Study route. Moreover, there are some noises about NOC based draws, so you may have a chance if your NOC is in a demanding field in Canada.
I got a bit hopeful after today’s draw to get an invitation before the end of the year .! Your thoughts however reminded me not to forget how uncertain IRCC is!

Aug 31, 2022
Hi everyone, my score is 521, but I have not received ITA yet. I know it can take up to 24 or even 48 hours. Just anxious, I suppose. Anyone from this draw has already received it? I don't know if it matters, but I did a little update on my profile on the 29th august, but the profile itself was created in July. Below are some of the info in my profile page on the government system.

Latest update:
Minimum entry criteria - August 29, 2022:You meet the minimum entry criteria.

Your overall score 521

Reactions: Alysson

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Looks like Italy is in the same position right now what Canada will be in 2068 and they are not importing anyone maybe because not many people speak Italian outside of Italy.
Italy basically allows anyone that has a spec of Italian blood to become Italian citizen. I could get their citizenship if I want, though I would have to go look for a birth certificate of a descendent. But yes, it’s much harder to get people to live there, as most Brazilians that gain citizenship like this, just goes somewhere else.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
If Canada continues with the same approach, it will face the same problem forever.

Think about it, its year 2070, you already have 60 million people, perhaps 20 million retirees, what is the plan now ? Bring another 20 million to maintain the same standard of living ? Okay!

Now its year 2100, you have 30 million retirees, still a lot of jobs to fill, you need another 30 million to maintain the same standard of living, what do you do now ? Bring on board another 30 million ?

You see, its never ending, right ?

The solution is pretty simple and logical, every city/province/territory/country has its own specialty and you bring on board people adequatly for that place to maintain the same standard of living and what it offers. Example:

Greece is world's top tourism destination country, especially during the summer. It also has numerous other industries, but tourism is the heart of the economy. They have and need always world class hospitality workers, engineers and other professions that might be in need in Germany, have a miniscule demand here and problably no future.

Why did I bring that up ? Very simple. You need to plan immigration according to your current and future needs segmented by cities/territories/provinces if you want to prosper and maintain your standard of living. Saying you need to grow 1% of the population to do that is just plain stupid, wrong and worthless. You don't need headcounts, you need a segmented type of professionals for each particular place, that might differ considerably from province -to-province and city-to-city. Another thing, if for example a three companies open up in Alberta for numerous reasons and have together 3000 job openings for telemarketers, you as a province should analyze the current and long term benefits of those jobs and not just blantly go opening a stream for telemarketers because there is so much demand and noone to fill, right ? Alberta has some key industries and some minor ones, their focus should be to maintain and strenthen those positions and perhaps try to diversify step-by-step. The illustration is purely fictional, but I think you get where I'm going at. That is a sound immigration plan and not numbers, numbers are completely worthless.

As for Italy, they are facing another immigration threat at the moment and have been facing that for the last decade, illegal immigration coming from Africa, in the thousands by the day, together with France and Spain. The Liberal mentality around Europe has made it possible to degrade so low and not be able to even protect your territory and borders, which soon will bring what you really don't need and want, extreme nationalism. In almost every European country, due to these uncontrolled immigration and unneeded levels, the nationalism has risen considerably these years and has no sign of stopping in sight.
Currently it seems bureaucrats want to raise the population in general, but I think the end plan in the future should be that. To bring in only enough immigrants as to maintain the standard of living, without raising the population much. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about low fertility rates.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
where does it says that you have to withdraw your express entry profile if you get student visa,do you have any documented statement available from CIC
IRCC is known to deny study permit if you have an active EE profile. You don't have to withdraw it but the chances of refusal go up.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
UBC student plans daily commute from U.S. after failing to find Metro Vancouver rental

Following an extensive search for rental housing in Metro Vancouver, a UBC student from Washington state is giving up one week before heading back to school.

Instead, Zoë Tapert plans to commute from Bellingham or Ferndale if she can find a place there that will also take her cat.
Tapert has made inquiries about approximately 70 rental listings over a span of three months, and has a budget of $1,700.
“It’s draining,” Tapert said during an interview, saying she has rented in some American cities previously and never encountered a rental market like this, where units are spoken for almost immediately after they are posted.

“You apply for a place, and they tell you, ‘sorry, somebody else already applied, and they’re probably going to get it.’ And you’re like, ‘woah, this is totally foreign.’ I didn’t realize how many people are also in my same exact position. The competition is wild.”

She now faces a daily drive of about an hour and a half, after she relocates from where she’s living now, about an hour north of Seattle.

“That feeling of desperation just keeps creeping up,” Tapert said. “It’s definitely a strange situation. It’s stressful. I know so many other students are in the same exact thing. I’ve seen it on social media sites. I’ve seen it on Facebook. I’ve seen it on Reddit. I’ve seen it on Twitter. I know I’ll find something that works for us, whether that be a temporary thing to sort out. I just really hope we’ll find something.”

A contributing factor to the rental affordability crunch is what housing analyst Ben Rabidoux refers to as a “policy mismatch” between the federal government and local governments.
At the federal level, record immigration targets are in place. Universities are accepting record levels of international students. But local governments around the country, including in Metro Vancouver, are not approving housing at a rate in line with the influx of newcomers.

“The issues around the rental market, some of the persistent tightness we’ve seen, this is not a one-issue, quick fix sort of thing,” Rabidoux said.

“It’s a number of issues that have played into it. I’m not here to pretend this one topic is a silver bullet that would fix this. But it is worth highlighting, this dynamic, because it is frankly problematic. We have immigration policies by and large that are set at the federal level…and international students are an important funding source for colleges and universities. They tend to pay higher tuition and they support a lot of the programs that the universities are able to offer.”

“We’ve seen international student admissions skyrocket in recent years. In fact, we’ve seen over 200,000 admissions in the past six months alone, which is a record. Far and away a record. And so it certainly raises the question, if the colleges and universities are benefitting from these revenues, what are they doing to provide adequate housing for these students?”
If local governments do not approve housing at an appropriate rate, during a time of record immigration, Rabidoux says there will be implications for affordability. “That’s fine if we want to have robust immigration,” Rabidoux said. “I think we need it. But if we’re not delivering the necessary housing, there are very real tradeoffs. One of the tradeoffs is that we’re going to have an artificially tight rental market and an unaffordable resale market.”
Adding an extra twist to Tapert’s story, is that she’s actually heading to UBC for studies in urban planning, and so this whole situation has become an unplanned for additional learning experience that could be relevant to her career at some point.

“UBC and a lot of the other colleges are trying their best in developing housing, it’s just you can’t always build as fast the people are coming in,” Tapert said. “We’re stuck, essentially, in that we’re trying to build housing, but we need it now.”

Tapert’s struggle to find housing ahead of the school year is hardly unique, and plenty of similar stories are being widely shared on social media.

For its part, the university claims it’s doing what it can to provide new housing stock.

“The housing and rental market in Vancouver is a challenge for everyone, including UBC students, staff and faculty,” Andrew Parr, Associate Vice President, Student Housing and Community Services at UBC wrote in a statement.

“The university is making significant investment and is working hard to meet this housing challenge. Since 2011, the university has invested more than $634 million in new student housing developments, adding 5,555 new beds to our campuses. UBC has more on-campus housing than any university in Canada and is among the top student residence providers in North America with more than 15,000 beds on both campuses as of spring 2022. The Vancouver campus has 13,217 beds and the Okanagan campus has 2,120 beds.”

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Finally After a long wait of approx. two years, my wait for an ITA is end now. Just got an ITA with a score of 518.

Thank you everyone for the support and Good Luck to all out there!

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
IRCC is known to deny study permit if you have an active EE profile. You don't have to withdraw it but the chances of refusal go up.
thats not true at all. it doesnt matter whether or not you have an EE profile, because in principle, study permit approvals are conducted solely based on the merit of the study permit application.

Reactions: RSub and wonderbly

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Regarding study permits, I always got the vibe they refuse based on trends, you see a lot of people that are genuine about returning being refused just because they're from this or that country, I believe there was a link shared a while back. But if I were to venture a guess, with the economy slowing, their acceptance rates will go up globally. IRCC is hell bent on throwing curve balls, so take this prediction with a huge grain of salt. Wish we could get data on acceptance rates in 2008/09.