+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
From what I have heard so far........Indian healthcare seems better than first-world healthcare? Provided you aren't poor, of course. A middle-class person would have better healthcare access than a middle-class man or even a rich person in a first-world country.
Indian healthcare really lacks in emergency care. Most of it is because there's no such thing as paramedics in India. Just untrained staff sitting in the ambulance. The insurance in India sucks too - true health insurance doesn't exist in India. It's just hospital-stay insurance and a lot of policies don't cover modern procedures.

Look at the Salman Rushdie incident that happened recently. He was airlifted within 5 minutes. Had that happened in India, he'd be gone - RIP.

Access to healthcare for chronic issues and for most surgical procedures is alright though. Probably better than Canada in that respect. This won't happen to you in India if you're middle class:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/injured-teen-bounced-between-seven-hospitals-1.6355356

Canada does have far better emegency care and outcomes, most of the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 994371

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/injured-teen-bounced-between-seven-hospitals-1.6355356

Canada does have far better emegency care and outcomes, most of the time.

Your link contradicts your own point :p

I bet you wouldn't have to wait 6 hours in the emergency for your treatment. But I do agree, we don't have a decent ambulance system. Getting to the hospitals is a challenge in an emergency.

About that airlift, it probably happened because he is a VIP. If he were a common man, he would have been in heaven by now.

....Or maybe not, never been to the US. They sure are very rich.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Your link contradicts your own point :p

I bet you wouldn't have to wait 6 hours in the emergency for your treatment. But I do agree, we don't have a decent ambulance system. Getting to the hospitals is a challenge in an emergency.
When I meant by "emergency" I meant true life or death - i.e. if the patient isn't treated properly within minutes he'll either die or will lead a very impaired life. Heart attacks, strokes, car accidents etc.

The article's about a guy getting a bad fracture while paying hockey. He'd be tended to fairly quickly in India, after reaching the hospital.

About that airlift, it probably happened because he is a VIP. If he were a common man, he would have been in heaven by now.

....Or maybe not, never been to the US. They sure are very rich.
One's exprience of American healthcare all depends on what kind of insurance you have. Top tier insurance = top tier experience.

D

Deleted member 994371

When I meant by "emergency" I meant true life or death - i.e. if the patient isn't treated properly within minutes he'll either die or will lead a very impaired life. Heart attacks, strokes, car accidents etc.
Yeah, it makes sense. Do the hospitals triage when one reaches hospitals or is it just "Right. Queue up over there and the doctor will see you when he sees you?"

One's exprience of American healthcare all depends on what kind of insurance you have. Top tier insurance = top tier experience.
Completely forgot about the insurance thing.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thank you. I noticed that website does not have IMM008, 5562 or 5406. But I see that some other 3rd party websies suggest you need those forms too. Why is this?
Follow official website. Third party sites are filled with wrong and misleading information.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018

The article's about a guy getting a bad fracture while paying hockey. He'd be tended to fairly quickly in India, after reaching the hospital.

You can get emergency care pretty fast in Canada, within minutes. All you have to do is yell at the triage nurse that you are being discriminated against for being an immigrant. That will get things rolling.

• Haha
Reactions: AlmostThere2
D

Deleted member 994371

You can get emergency care pretty fast in Canada, within minutes. All you have to do is yell at the triage nurse that you are being discriminated against for being an immigrant. That will get things rolling.

What if the nurse is brown too? How can I use the race card then?

This is why I think demography-based immigration is important. You can't play the race card if everyone is the same race as you. @ElvisRamaj was right.

Last edited by a moderator:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
From what I have heard so far........Indian healthcare seems better than first-world healthcare? Provided you aren't poor, of course. A middle-class person would have better healthcare access than a middle-class man or even a rich person in a first-world country.
There are two aspects of health care: Quality of Care and Availability of Care.

In terms of quality of care, Canada beats India hands down. In some really complicated cases, the quality of care that is available here is simply not seen in India. One of my friend had a very peculiar disease called HoCM. Its thickening of heart muscles due to genetic reasons. Typical solution for this is actually inducing a small heart attack in heart using alcohol injection -- a process called as alcohol ablution. Trouble is, this process does not have a very fine control over what portions of muscle will be damaged. Till very late, in India he had only this option. Its an elective procedure.

When he moved to Canada, he had a fainting episode at home. He consulted doctor here and they introduced him to a cardiologist (after almost an year) in Vancouver who has perfected a surgical procedure excise away the extra growth of muscle. His secret sauce? He found a way to very safely stop the heart and the restart it. That allows a very precise cutting of the muscle.His operation is a success and he was dischared 2 days later. He is doing totally fine now and lately we went hiking on grouse mountain -- something unimaginable for him just 3 years back.

This is simply not possible in India. They don't have it. And icing on the cake? His expenses for health care were ZERO, nominally speaking.

There is another major major aspect of health care. It called availability. In my opinion it is more important. Most of us do not suffer from such peculiar ailments most of the time. Infact most of us require long term care for chronic conditions or timely care for occasional issues. There Canada sucks worse than a hoover and India beats it hands down. I see day in and day out people who have broken hip joint, dislocated shoulder etc etc who need an immediate attention from a doctor but doctor is simply not there. Thats where Canada has been failing and these days, its beyond failing.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You don't seem to understand how messed up the situation is in BC. You will call 911. The ambulance will not arrive for many hours or some times days at times these days.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
What if the nurse is brown too? How can I use the race card then?

This is why I think demography-based immigration is important. You can't play the race card if everyone is the same race as you. @ElvisRamaj was right.
So you're telling me that as a black man, I can not play the race card with the brown nurse, I'll have to rethink this moving process....

D

Deleted member 994371

So you're telling me that as a black man, I can not play the race card with the brown nurse, I'll have to rethink this moving process....

When are you making the move to the promised land? And which province?