+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

jessicajoon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Hey guys,

I sent my passport and photos to receive copr. But I got both photos back, one glued to copr and another loose one. What photo do they use for PR card? Did they already scan these photos?

jessicajoon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
On credit history, I just learnt that AMEX credit card holders (exception AMEX travel card) may be able to transfer their credit history to Canada and get a credit card immediately. Does anyone have experience doing this? Its cool to have some credit history other than Zero.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/customer-service/global-card-relationship/
I tried this but Amex wantee an address proof which I won't have for a month. I went ahead with BMO and TD credit cards, they were approved and my score is already 700 in a week.

Will apply to Amex in a month.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Apr 26, 2022
Middle East
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Doc's Request.
25-04-2022
AOR Received.
04-01-2021
First thing you should do in Canada is start your credit account or else it's hard to @MoveCan_ Buyhouse_
I wish it was as easy like those signs you see at some stores "NO CREDIT - ONLY CASH". I would carry some cash along. But hey, if you want to buy a house no one can stop you. If I were to buy, I would look for South Asians owner, we love hard cash. :p

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Folks - I have seen a lot of people after sending their passport to IRCC post here saying Counterfoil Generated ! (I believe it refers to the visa stamped on passport)
How do they know that the counterfoil has been generated? What’s the best way to find this apart from calling IRCC ?

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hey guys,

I sent my passport and photos to receive copr. But I got both photos back, one glued to copr and another loose one. What photo do they use for PR card? Did they already scan these photos?
Yes, this is the photo they use for your PR card. So, they must've scanned it already. (Bear in mind that they sometimes reject photos for the PR card even after issuing the COPR).

I assume that the second photo that is returned (the one with the photographer details) is just for proof that it was taken by a professional photographer.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

jessicajoon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Yes, this is the photo they use for your PR card. So, they must've scanned it already. (Bear in mind that they sometimes reject photos for the PR card even after issuing the COPR).

I assume that the second photo that is returned (the one with the photographer details) is just for proof that it was taken by a professional photographer.
I see, thanks!!
Their processing time keeps going up, it's 83 days now.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
I tried this but Amex wantee an address proof which I won't have for a month. I went ahead with BMO and TD credit cards, they were approved and my score is already 700 in a week.

Will apply to Amex in a month.
Can you please explain how you got your credit score to be 700 in a week? Used your past history in some way?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey guys,

As long as there was no letter saying they rejected your photos, you can assume they have scanned it. Your PR card will not have an actual photo attached to it, it will be printed on.