+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Ohhhhhhh, this makes me so happy to read!!!! Congratulations Buddy!!! It feels so surreal , no ?
Now, please and please make sure you don't screw up your application. Check everything a million times, and then check a million times again :D. If in doubt, just ask here.

Congratulations again. Well deserved. Holding thumbs for those that are still waiting - hopefully 2022 is your year as well.
Haha yeah it does. Part of me still doesn't quite believe it, waiting for the other shoe to drop, IRCC sending an email saying the draw was a mistake and it was supposed to be a CEC draw this week or something like that. It's silly but I guess that's my PTSD from the chaos of the past 2 years showing.

Will definitely check and recheck and recheck my application before submitting it! Fortunately there's loads of resources available on the net, here and also on nairaland, thanks to people like yourself.

Can't wait for the next draw, hoping to see a few more from this gang get theirs!

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Dudes french skills gave me chills lol.
If he learned that for immigration, I can't say anything less than great.
It was that at first, but I rather enjoy the language now. Really glad I learnt the language, conquered the fear of learning languages I've had since forever along the way too. Bought a few novels last month and they're really growing on me.

I gotta admit though that I did spend substantially more time drafting the french part of the post than I did with the english. I even edited it to correct an error I spotted after posting, and I suspect that's not the only one. Someday I'll hopefully be good enough to stop massacring the language.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
That still beg the question how did they clear GRE ,believe me it was tough for me atleast,IELTS is a baby compared to GRE.The english section ,that is hard comprehension and all you should have some very good prctice to pass that exam.
This is one thing I saw in US visa interview as long as you get admit from top 50 uni ,in your subject they dont care much,similarly state run school they wont bother you ,if you have scholarships mostly they wont bother you again good GRE score will solve a lot of issues in the US visa interview all this are said about F1 visa.
Do you think GRE and GMAT are infallible in front of money? See all these centers are run by humans and humans have weak points and sometimes they need money. Fixing exams /admissions is not a new thing and not even unique to India. Remember the famous case in USA where big celebrities / rich folks got their kids in Ivy league universities on fake sports credentials where they didn't even play sport recreationally and took a spot of a deserving poor kid.

Rich have ways of gaming the system. Always had and always will. Money does buy some things after all.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Guys am I misunderstanding something here? What does it mean to claim point for 2 degrees or more? I am a Masters holder, so can I claim point for my bachelor degree as well? Or Isn't it that I will earn points for my highest degree earned only?
Could someone help me here? I am confused
This I am sure.... You can only claim for masters (or the highest degree).. That's what I did.

Reactions: empra2r

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yeah. US visa interviews are super subjective, even they portray them as the "gold standard" of visa issuance. I have seen some really sleazy guys getting approved and some really talented and competent folks being outright refused. Oh, the joys of a weak passport! Smh.
True. Its not tough to crack US Visa interview coz they have set of standard questions. But getting to to the visa stage is quite a process. Now a days, US is easy to move for Students as most Schools don't need GRE for MS. They still require GMAT for MBA. The reason is Universities took a hit in the last 5 years due to continuous fall of International students as they make up a significant revenue for the universities here.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
That still beg the question how did they clear GRE ,believe me it was tough for me atleast,IELTS is a baby compared to GRE.The english section ,that is hard comprehension and all you should have some very good prctice to pass that exam.
This is one thing I saw in US visa interview as long as you get admit from top 50 uni ,in your subject they dont care much,similarly state run school they wont bother you ,if you have scholarships mostly they wont bother you again good GRE score will solve a lot of issues in the US visa interview all this are said about F1 visa.
Probably they chose schools that don't require GRE or low GRE scores. I don't think these 950 plus a$$holes went to IVY leagues or even unranked decent schools. They probably got admits in schools like International American University or United States University or International Technological University. When I was in Texas, I used to see lot of apartments in the Irving and Richardson area where 12 plus Indian guys and girls staying in a 2 bedroom apartments claiming to be Students. When you talk to them, you will learn that they faked their way to US. No surprise where they come from as most of them hail from that one state (which is divided as two now). @PRANIT01 and other Indian here probably knows which state(s) I am talking about. They attend namesake colleges for 4 to 6 times in a semester and give exams. Rest of the semester they work at Desi Consultancies (Indian IT Sweatshops) doing coding or marketing work and few work at Gas stations and Restaurants. I did speak to few who are brilliant (In coding) but they come from poor families and this is the only way for them to comes to US. USCIS knows this and they don't give a two f about it.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
True. Its not tough to crack US Visa interview coz they have set of standard questions. But getting to to the visa stage is quite a process. Now a days, US is easy to move for Students as most Schools don't need GRE for MS. They still require GMAT for MBA. The reason is Universities took a hit in the last 5 years due to continuous fall of International students as they make up a significant revenue for the universities here.
For me personally (and that is just me), I wouldn't want to study in the US. Because first of all, it is expensive as hell and you can't really get a visa easily if you want to study in a community college. And since I do want to immigrate, I can't envisage myself working on an H1B with no clarity on a Green Card. But then again, this matter has been a subject of massive and intense debates on this forum, so I won't dig deep into it since people tend to have "passionate" opinions on this. Personally, I am much more at ease in waiting patiently for 9-12 months until my Express Entry file gets processed, and then have a PR straight away.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello guys could you tell me please
Does working at the university as a teacher-researcher considered a government position?
Some schools are public funded. You may not be considered as an Government employee but part of your salary comes from tax payer's money.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Thanks, we are in this together. I have all my 3 Police clearance (I've lived in 2 countries other than my birth country) already on deck. I might just need to fix my Letter of work experience a little, but at least I cannot complain.
Same here. Need PCC from three countries. Plus my work experience letter isn't drafted properly so I have to contact my old employer once I get back to India. I do have a decent score but still need to collect a few docs before entering pool with other friendly fishies :3

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Finally finished my soft landing this week. IRCC gave me just until August 5th due to medical expiry and sent my COPR/visa mid July. Flew to Toronto on the 2nd and met the nicest officer at immigration who just signed my COPR after confirming I wasn't a criminal and ended up answering more of my questions (about residency/PR card/traveling by land etc) than asking me any. Then met a grumpy lady at customs who yelled at me because she somehow thought I shouldn't be filling two declaration forms. She just ended up stamping my goods to follow list and I have no idea if I'll pay taxes on my personal laptop and phone when I move for good. Waited in a 5 hour queue at Brampton to get my SIN at one of the least efficient government offices I've ever seen. Then celebrated my landing by downing a 50$ (WTAF?!) bottle of jack Daniels in my hotel room. Took the bus to Niagara falls, walked the peace bridge, and was quickly revalidated in the US (no queue whatsoever because I was the only guy walking).

And after all this, I finally got a reply to my June 22nd IRCC webform enquiring about multiple PPR emails TODAY lol. They couldn't even match my information because so many things moved after that webform and I literally landed. Good luck to everyone waiting! You'll get there even if it takes 2 years lol.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Probably they chose schools that don't require GRE or low GRE scores. I don't think these 950 plus a$$holes went to IVY leagues or even unranked decent schools. They probably got admits in schools like International American University or United States University or International Technological University. When I was in Texas, I used to see lot of apartments in the Irving and Richardson area where 12 plus Indian guys and girls staying in a 2 bedroom apartments claiming to be Students. When you talk to them, you will learn that they faked their way to US. No surprise where they come from as most of them hail from that one state (which is divided as two now). @PRANIT01 and other Indian here probably knows which state(s) I am talking about. They attend namesake colleges for 4 to 6 times in a semester and give exams. Rest of the semester they work at Desi Consultancies (Indian IT Sweatshops) doing coding or marketing work and few work at Gas stations and Restaurants. I did speak to few who are brilliant (In coding) but they come from poor families and this is the only way for them to comes to US. USCIS knows this and they don't give a two f about it.
I've heard stories of kids from borderline diploma mills getting 8-9 H1B tech offers with no interviews through "consultants" lol. I have no idea what those companies are. USCIS gives a f in a roundabout way. They know that this problem exists. That's why they conducted that sting operation by making a fake university a few years ago. However, they mostly just screw every Indian in the US with quotas/H1B lotteries/decades of green card wait times etc instead of taking action to enforce these loopholes in a more specific manner. This is also why the Indian passport is so weak.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I've heard stories of kids from borderline diploma mills getting 8-9 H1B tech offers with no interviews through "consultants" lol. I have no idea what those companies are. USCIS gives a f in a roundabout way. They know that this problem exists. That's why they conducted that sting operation by making a fake university a few years ago. However, they mostly just screw every Indian in the US with quotas/H1B lotteries/decades of green card wait times etc instead of taking action to enforce these loopholes in a more specific manner. This is also why the Indian passport is so weak.
USCIS can stop if they want but they don't. These sting operations are eyewash for the public "Look we caught the bad guys" while letting go thousands of criminals.