FSW WORLDWIDE

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
WTF !! How is this possible? How can one get points before completing even 1 year of WE ? I didnt get this.
I think that if you are close to the one year mark and your cumulative hour surpasses a certain threshold then that may count, but to contradict myself, I also remember reading that you won't be able to claim hours beyond 30 hours/week. -\_:)))_/

D

Deleted member 1006777

Guys, if you want to know how come there are so many candidates added into the 501+ club, look at the screenshot below. He single handedly beat my score by just to going to work in Canada, not finishing his full year yet. How the F can I compete against them? What a worthless points system.

Simple answer, you cannot. This is the most logical way from their perspective to eliminate the fsw program. Make it unachievable by any realistic stadardss, so it becomes irrelevant. I called this over a year ago.

It's simple. You can get an ITA this year if you're lucky. If not, Canada will no longer be an option for you considering NOC specific draws. I'm in the same situation. those desperate (aka foolish) enough to get a degree in Canada just for the purposes of immigration will have more and more pathways to immigration until maybe conservatives take over and slash immigration numbers by half, while they also progressively destroy civil and environmental protections. There really doesn't seem to be a way out for people wanting to immigrate to Canada if they aren't already rich.

Mendicino destroyed Canadian immigration for good, and now it's just a question of which option will do the least damage. There are no good options left for IRCC.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Simple answer, you cannot. This is the most logical way from their perspective to eliminate the fsw program. Make it unachievable by any realistic stadardss, so it becomes irrelevant. I called this over a year ago.

It's simple. You can get an ITA this year if you're lucky. If not, Canada will no longer be an option for you considering NOC specific draws. I'm in the same situation. those desperate (aka foolish) enough to get a degree in Canada just for the purposes of immigration will have more and more pathways to immigration until maybe conservatives take over and slash immigration numbers by half, while they also progressively destroy civil and environmental protections. There really doesn't seem to be a way out for people wanting to immigrate to Canada if they aren't already rich.

Mendicino destroyed Canadian immigration for good, and now it's just a question of which option will do the least damage. There are no good options left for IRCC.
Mendicino crushed the living soul of IRCC and the Liberals are burying them deeper and deeper each year. I have no doubt in my mind that in the next election Liberals will be crushed by the Conservatives, and once they come to power the immigration numbers will be indeed slashed in half.

As a revenge to this situation, all the provinces are standing up to have more control in the immigration, Saskatchewan even requesting a similar accord Quebec has. The government is getting under absolute pressure now from all possible sides that it will be impossible for them to handle. I mean they have a problem in almost each segment of the immigration, from backlogs to permanent residence card issuing. How can you sustain such a situation for much longer?

I would love to see some karma showing up at their doorstep for all this mess created.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I would love to see some karma showing up at their doorstep for all this mess created.
There will be none. They'll cut the immigration numbers significantly. Only non-lazy CECs will stand a chance. TR2PR will exist for the lazy ones, so there's still incentive to get a degree there. People like you and me will be the ones to face the downsides of Mendi's decisions. We're not in IT or healthcare. The days of immigrating from outside of Canada are over. The sooner you and others accept it, the better.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
There will be none. They'll cut the immigration numbers significantly. Only non-lazy CECs will stand a chance. TR2PR will exist for the lazy ones, so there's still incentive to get a degree there. People like you and me will be the ones to face the downsides of Mendi's decisions. We're not in IT or healthcare. The days of immigrating from outside of Canada are over. The sooner you and others accept it, the better.
I have already made peace with it and given all that I could. Already tired. From outside Canada there isn't much more you can do, at least not competing the 50 points CEC are handed almost freely.

I do hope the draws will reach at least 3,000 though, to give us some breathing room.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Mendicino crushed the living soul of IRCC and the Liberals are burying them deeper and deeper each year. I have no doubt in my mind that in the next election Liberals will be crushed by the Conservatives, and once they come to power the immigration numbers will be indeed slashed in half.

As a revenge to this situation, all the provinces are standing up to have more control in the immigration, Saskatchewan even requesting a similar accord Quebec has. The government is getting under absolute pressure now from all possible sides that it will be impossible for them to handle. I mean they have a problem in almost each segment of the immigration, from backlogs to permanent residence card issuing. How can you sustain such a situation for much longer?

The thing is that despite the mess created by Mendicino, Sean Fraser could've taken more positiive steps. A couple of 5000+ draws would fix the problem and lower the scores ,but no. He wants to do it gRadUally!

Reactions: littlestar19
D

Deleted member 1006777

I have already made peace with it and given all that I could. Already tired. From outside Canada there isn't much more you can do, at least not competing the 50 points CEC are handed almost freely.

I do hope the draws will reach at least 3,000 though, to give us some breathing room.
3000 seems optimistic. I don't think they'll get that high this year. It makes sense to keep them low while they continue to work on backlogs and process CEC/TR2PR which are easier apps to process.

D

Deleted member 1006777

The thing is that despite the mess created by Mendicino, Sean Fraser could've taken more positiive steps. A couple of 5000+ draws would fix the problem and lower the scores ,but no. He wants to do it gRadUally!
This is pretty short sighted. You only want 5000+ draws so that you get your ITA. "A couple of 5000+ draws" do absolutely nothing to fix the problem. High scores aren't a "problem" for IRCC. They're a problem for you. IRCC's problem is too many applications and not enough processing capacity. Large draws are the literal last thing they'd want to do.

All Fraser can do is damage control to contain the mess Mendicino created by taking in low score entitled fools. The scores being too high don't hurt Canadian immigration in any way whatsoever.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
This is pretty short sighted. You only want 5000+ draws so that you get your ITA. "A couple of 5000+ draws" do absolutely nothing to fix the problem. High scores aren't a "problem" for IRCC. They're a problem for you. IRCC's problem is too many applications and not enough processing capacity. Large draws are the literal last thing they'd want to do.

All Fraser can do is damage control to contain the mess Mendicino created by taking in low score entitled fools. The scores being too high don't hurt Canadian immigration in any way whatsoever.
Well my score is 522 so I do know that there is a decent chance that I'll get an ITA this year. Moreover, I am giving a new IELTS test so I can bump it up a little bit more. But I do feel bad for all the hardworking folks who are mistreated by the IRCC.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Well my score is 522 so I do know that there is a decent chance that I'll get an ITA this year. Moreover, I am giving a new IELTS test so I can bump it up a little bit more. But I do feel bad for all the hardworking folks who are mistreated by the IRCC.
With 522, even I am fairly certain you will get your ITA in the next draw (or the one after) if there are no interruptions.

And yeah it sucks for people who've been retaking exams, redoing medicals etc all this time that IRCC has been toying with them. All I'm saying is that the current situation isn't a "problem" from their perspective. Low draw sizes, high scores, enough people to already meet next year's quota. From Fraser's perspective, this is pretty good. Don't expect draw sizes to go up much. 3000 is extremely unlikely. I'll keep repeating this to hammer it into some hopium addicts that linger on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Yeah, 522 you'll definitely get an ITA this year. I'm at 530 points now, so I'm hopeful for next draw August 17th

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
3000 seems optimistic. I don't think they'll get that high this year. It makes sense to keep them low while they continue to work on backlogs and process CEC/TR2PR which are easier apps to process.
3,000 is not that optimistic. You would have 800-1,200 for PNPs and 1,800-2,200 for the rest.

At an increasing rate of 250 per draw, 3,000 would be hit on September 28th. So, as a total for this year you would have more or less 22,000 ITAs sent for 6 months time, excluding PNPs.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
With 522, even I am fairly certain you will get your ITA in the next draw (or the one after) if there are no interruptions.

And yeah it sucks for people who've been retaking exams, redoing medicals etc all this time that IRCC has been toying with them. All I'm saying is that the current situation isn't a "problem" from their perspective. Low draw sizes, high scores, enough people to already meet next year's quota. From Fraser's perspective, this is pretty good. Don't expect draw sizes to go up much. 3000 is extremely unlikely. I'll keep repeating this to hammer it into some hopium addicts that linger on this forum.
I know what you mean about the hopium. I just wish that IRCC got its act together. One can dream I guess. And yes, even though I have a decent chance of getting an ITA, I still need to collect PCCs from all the countries I lived which itself is taking a bit longer than I expected. And I have to redo my IELTS! Seems like I can't apply before the mid of September even if I wanted to try. But I guess, this is a good problem to have.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I think you'd be more than fine, and it's very likely you'll get selected next draw. Hoping that the application process goes smooth for you thereafter ;)
Thanks, we are in this together. I have all my 3 Police clearance (I've lived in 2 countries other than my birth country) already on deck. I might just need to fix my Letter of work experience a little, but at least I cannot complain.