+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
In my humble opinion, I believe they will drop.

Conservative view: Draws increasing up to 2,500 per draw, with 450-500 candidates added each time above CRS 501.

Optimistic view: Draws increasing up to 3,500 per draw (returning to pre-pandemic levels as mentioned before in the memos I believe), in which case you really won't give a damn about how many people are added to the 501 club.
You gave me a little ray of hope.
But, I am still trying to prepare myself for the worst . !

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I have said from the beginning that CEC only draws will come back. Meanwhile people here were memeing their idiotic "cec is ded" nonsense. Idk when the next CEC draw would be, but it's almost a certainty that it'll be back.
CEC is DED because there will be a new pathway for international students and a new pathway for Ukraine and a new pathway for truck drivers and NOC specific draws next year. This new guy announced a bunch of stuff but there is not enough quota to do all this lol...still playing politics.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
This is irrelevant. CECs bring in more money short term. That's all that matters. IRCC does not make policies based on long-term projections or outcomes.
I understand your comment but that's what I'm saying, at some point, they need to start making policies and think about long-term projections. Stopgap solutions are not useful for the overall good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1006777

I understand your comment but that's what I'm saying, at some point, they need to start making policies and think about long-term projections. Stopgap solutions are not useful for the overall good.
To be honest, I don't think FSWs by definition add any more or less value to the Canadian economy than CECs. The entire system is flawed, and the points are arbitrary and ill thought out. We all like(d) Canada because of their relatively easy immigration system, and we like to convince ourselves that we're amazing candidates because we have a couple of years of experience and a generic masters in nothingness. Their immigration system was brokn and flawed, which is why we all liked it.

Now it's broken in the completely opposite way where they're reducing (or rather removing) the bar to get in if you're already rich enough to get a degree in Canada (PhDs being the exception because you actually have to be smart to get into a program without paying them). It'll still be an easy system if you get a Canadian degree, but to be able to immigrate from the outside, that chances are negligible now. Whether FSWs ever added value to the Canadian economy is debatable. In my opinion, no they never have, and never will. And to be clear, neither do CECs, but their swan song is TaXeS and this blind belief that this entitles them for more.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Whether FSWs ever added value to the Canadian economy is debatable. In my opinion, no they never have, and never will. And to be clear, neither do CECs, but their swan song is TaXeS and this blind belief that this entitles them for more.
Bro, what is point of taking in immigrants then if they add no value and why is Canada doing this for many many years way before even express entry?

D

Deleted member 1006777

Bro, what is point of taking in immigrants then if they add no value and why is Canada doing this for many many years way before even express entry?
It's not that taking in immigrants isn't valuable. What I'm saying is their criteria have been flawed from the beginning. FSWs benefited from it pre-pandemic, and now FSWs will never be able to immigrate. What Mendi and co have done is senseless mass migration without ever setting up teh infrastructure or zoning laws to support that population. They are increasing their country's population by over 1% every year through immigration, with no laws to improve the housing market. They pretend to select people based on NOCs but then once they get there, those fields are protected and prohibitively expensive to get into, and most people become generic IT monkeys anyway. Ohoh let's get these amazing french speakers outside of Quebec. Who cares though? French is a dying language in Canada, especially outside Quebec, and even Quebec has to desperately try to preserve it through archaic laws that would even put the elitist French to shame.

It is debatable, but I am of the opinion that immigrants are a net good for a developed country. The way Canada is doing it though, it's a net bad. There is no incentive to actually live in Canada. People will just use it as a clean retirement home when the time comes. Why? Well they never addressed what made immigration necessary in the first place. It is prohibitively expensive to raise kids. the housing bubble is ridiculous. Goods and services are far more expensive than what they are worth. Simple things like internet and cell phone plans are among the most expensive (and also the slowest) in the developed world. The leading conservative party nominee jerks off to Trump at night, and the liberal party leader is an absolute moron who appoints imbeciles to slowly chip away at democratic rights. As a country, Canada is screwed long term, and immigrants pretending otherwise won't help.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
It's not that taking in immigrants isn't valuable. What I'm saying is their criteria have been flawed from the beginning. FSWs benefited from it pre-pandemic, and now FSWs will never be able to immigrate. What Mendi and co have done is senseless mass migration without ever setting up teh infrastructure or zoning laws to support that population. They are increasing their country's population by over 1% every year through immigration, with no laws to improve the housing market. They pretend to select people based on NOCs but then once they get there, those fields are protected and prohibitively expensive to get into, and most people become generic IT monkeys anyway. Ohoh let's get these amazing french speakers outside of Quebec. Who cares though? French is a dying language in Canada, especially outside Quebec, and even Quebec has to desperately try to preserve it through archaic laws that would even put the elitist French to shame.

It is debatable, but I am of the opinion that immigrants are a net good for a developed country. The way Canada is doing it though, it's a net bad. There is no incentive to actually live in Canada. People will just use it as a clean retirement home when the time comes. Why? Well they never addressed what made immigration necessary in the first place. It is prohibitively expensive to raise kids. the housing bubble is ridiculous. Goods and services are far more expensive than what they are worth. Simple things like internet and cell phone plans are among the most expensive (and also the slowest) in the developed world. The leading conservative party nominee jerks off to Trump at night, and the liberal party leader is an absolute moron who appoints imbeciles to slowly chip away at democratic rights. As a country, Canada is screwed long term, and immigrants pretending otherwise won't help.
Going South is the best option after getting the Canadian citizenship.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
To be honest, I don't think FSWs by definition add any more or less value to the Canadian economy than CECs. The entire system is flawed, and the points are arbitrary and ill thought out. We all like(d) Canada because of their relatively easy immigration system, and we like to convince ourselves that we're amazing candidates because we have a couple of years of experience and a generic masters in nothingness. Their immigration system was brokn and flawed, which is why we all liked it.

Now it's broken in the completely opposite way where they're reducing (or rather removing) the bar to get in if you're already rich enough to get a degree in Canada (PhDs being the exception because you actually have to be smart to get into a program without paying them). It'll still be an easy system if you get a Canadian degree, but to be able to immigrate from the outside, that chances are negligible now. Whether FSWs ever added value to the Canadian economy is debatable. In my opinion, no they never have, and never will. And to be clear, neither do CECs, but their swan song is TaXeS and this blind belief that this entitles them for more.
Sadly it still is the easiest system. What other realistic option does one have for permanent emigration? UK is unreliable and changes it's policies every election. NZ doesn't have much of an economy to speak of. Australia's anti-immigrant sentiment has led to them closing off or restricting most pathways. And directly moving to the USA is for masochists. As for the EU only Germany is realistic - moving there temporarily is easy if you're in tech (challenging otherwise) but getting permanent status is a difficult and long process.

At least with Canada once you're in, you're in for good.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Sadly it still is the easiest system. What other realistic option does one have for permanent emigration? UK is unreliable and changes it's policies every election. NZ doesn't have much of an economy to speak of. Australia's anti-immigrant sentiment has led to them closing off or restricting most pathways. And directly moving to the USA is for masochists. As for the EU only Germany is realistic - moving there temporarily is easy if you're in tech (challenging otherwise) but getting permanent status is a difficult and long process.

Masochist wow, never saw it that way but okay

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly and RSub

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Damn bro, don't immigrate to Canada if you are doing it just for the passport, you will suffer all this for 4-5 years atleast.

Reactions: wonderbly and RSub

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Canada was the only country offering PR from the comfort of your home, now that is gone.