+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Didn't you say you are doing a PhD, I highly doubt one would fake a PhD acceptance to enter country for other purposes. I mean if you did then good for you, that's some next level @dankboi shit.

Most TRVs refused are visitors or diploma students
No, my wife was doing PhD in Canada. I was in PhD studies in home country. I wasn't a student in Canada when I got accepted for TRV as a visitor (later changed to spouse OWP. We would've applied for OWP straight away, but my wife's original study permit had less than 6 months left at that point. She extended it later and then we applied for my OWP).

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Does that applies to PR applications as well? So they can basically hold off PR applications at whim if they don't "feel" they're genuine?
I highly doubt they will do that. If IRCC officers start pilling up the files for silly reasons, they could never finalize the applications. I believe IRCC officers will continue to follow what they have been doing so far but will take an additional look at applications that they have a dilemma about and try to finalize it instead of rejecting them right away.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
I highly doubt they will do that. If IRCC officers start pilling up the files for silly reasons, they could never finalize the applications. I believe IRCC officers will continue to follow what they have been doing so far but will take an additional look at applications that they have a dilemma about and try to finalize it instead of rejecting them right away.
Oh well. Doesn't sound that bad then! It seems like I'll always be panicking about little things until I either get drawn or give up completely on Canada lol.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Lol, you guys are still butthurt over what this guy said?

Yes, Canada has no obligation towards anyone. Just like the US has no obligation towards anyone, or South Korea, or the Democratic Republic of Congo.

If tomorrow they want to change their immigration policies they can, immigration functions purely as a means of improving a country's labour shortages, demographic trends, wealth inflows, etc.

You guys still want to crucify this guy for saying the most obvious, legal opinion ever.

Your rights as an applicant are defined and governed by the laws and regulations that Canada places on itself through its own legal checks and balances. That's just the way it works.
I could not agree more however whenever I said this people ran me over on this forum and I guess they will again :D

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Oh well. Doesn't sound that bad then! It seems like I'll always be panicking about little things until I either get drawn or give up completely on Canada lol.
Forget that you applied for Canadian PR. That will save you a lot of energy. ;);)

Reactions: littlestar19

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hii everyone, please anyone guide on how to find accommodation in Ontario? Is there any app or FB group
Please guide
Make sure you visit the leasing office and get a chance to look at the apartment before signing the lease. I am surprised at the amount of scams around housing in Canada. So be careful.

Reactions: PRANIT01

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Any views on the all progam draw scores dropping below 500 this year?
I am just wondering if they keep the draw size so restricted, how would they be able to meet their requirements for 2023?

Reactions: Jazkh