+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Why does it matter?
cuz FSW is pretty much the only way for outlanders while for inlanders, as long as you are not out of status, you have a way better chance to find a job/spouse etc. you don't necessarily need EE cuz its so competitive. even if you wanna claim asylum you need to be inland first right? not to talk about the TR2PR during pandemic which only benefits inlanders. i think its bluntly obvious that Canada is giving more and more weight to inlanders in terms of immigration.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
cuz FSW is pretty much the only way for outlanders while for inlanders, as long as you are not out of status, you have a way better chance to find a job/spouse etc. you don't necessarily need EE cuz its so competitive. even if you wanna claim asylum you need to be inland first right? not to talk about the TR2PR during pandemic which only benefits inlanders. i think its bluntly obvious that Canada is giving more and more weight to inlanders in terms of immigration.
What CRS required for spouse?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
It is true that there are more programs, but EE is still the main way, because everything else has narrow rules (PNP only accepting certain occupations, for example). Having a job brings Canadian experience, but not PR in itself. There is no program that gives PR just because someone has a Canadian experience or has graduated from a Canadian university. The only way is through EE. The new TR to PR might change that, but it will probably be NOC based (?) so not much of a change for most.

So EE is the main one, and for many (most?) the only one.

No idea about asylum and marrying a random Canadian, though. One would think those are also special circumstances. And one can seek a Canadian spouse outside of Canada, if that's the goal.

Like I know people joke about paying for a degree and getting a PR out of it (Lamda colllege jokes), but there is no program that gives you PR just because you graduated in Canada or if you have work experience in Canada. You generally have to go through EE, and to do it quickly (accumulate work experience before your permit expires). There are people who do it through PNP and other programs, and I do not deny that Canadian employers prefer people with Canadian work experience, nor do I ignore the fact that it's easier to find a Canadian job when you are inland. But there is no other program for most inland candidates than EE. (At least at the moment).

D

Deleted member 994371

Were you hibernating for two years to even think 453 might be even remotely close to being high enough? I'll have whatever you've been smoking...

3 years of exp will get you to somewhere in the 480s range in 2023. You're gambling if you think that's going to be enough. Either learn french (and start asap: more and more people will start doing this and 500s will be commonplace, as we're seeing), or go study in Canada and get a PR for 100k CAD. Those are your two options. Not sure if optometrists are an in demand NOC anywhere, but even if they are, 453 won't cut it, plain and simple.
Who hurt you my friend?

Oh wait, nevermind.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
It is true that there are more programs, but EE is still the main way, because everything else has narrow rules (PNP only accepting certain occupations, for example). Having a job brings Canadian experience, but not PR in itself. There is no program that gives PR just because someone has a Canadian experience or has graduated from a Canadian university. The only way is through EE. The new TR to PR might change that, but it will probably be NOC based (?) so not much of a change for most.

So EE is the main one, and for many (most?) the only one.

No idea about asylum and marrying a random Canadian, though. One would think those are also special circumstances. And one can seek a Canadian spouse outside of Canada, if that's the goal.

Like I know people joke about paying for a degree and getting a PR out of it (Lamda colllege jokes), but there is no program that gives you PR just because you graduated in Canada or if you have work experience in Canada. You generally have to go through EE, and to do it quickly (accumulate work experience before your permit expires). There are people who do it through PNP and other programs, and I do not deny that Canadian employers prefer people with Canadian work experience, nor do I ignore the fact that it's easier to find a Canadian job when you are inland. But there is no other program for most inland candidates than EE. (At least at the moment).
Even if it is true that EE is the main way, being inland is still a huge plus. If you manage to get Canadian work experience, you become CEC instead of FSW. if you come in as a couple, the two can sponser each other by getting study permit/open work permit.. Doesn't matter what immigration program you eventually follow, being inland can help in almost every way one can think of.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Even if it is true that EE is the main way, being inland is still a huge plus. If you manage to get Canadian work experience, you become CEC instead of FSW. if you come in as a couple, the two can sponser each other by getting study permit/open work permit.. Doesn't matter what immigration program you eventually follow, being inland can help in almost every way one can think of.
Being inland is a definitely a plus. But a plus in terms of getting additional points for EE and stuff like that. It does not guarantee a PR. It helps getting into EE but you still hsve to be selected.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Being inland is a definitely a plus. But a plus in terms of getting additional points for EE and stuff like that. It does not guarantee a PR. It helps getting into EE but you still hsve to be selected.
That’s exactly what I have been trying to say all this time.. I was also trying to say being inland you don’t even need to compete in EE.. *sigh*
you know FHS is only a small fraction of the level plan right? No more than 30% if I’m not mistaken. The rest 70% is pretty much for inlanders only

Last edited:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1006777

Mushymush still being a wet blanket i see.

Did you get your ITA?
And you're still being a twat. Looks like nothing has changed.

You call me a wet blanket, yet I've been right about literally everything regarding their immigration stuff so far.

Reactions: dankboi