FSW WORLDWIDE

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
IRCC does not seem to vet ppl in the pool until they are selected. So one can make up ridiculous profiles to make the CRS distribution look crazy. Even when IRCC figures out they has been fooled they cannot undraw and redraw..
Yeah but don't you have to provide personal details like passport number when you create your profile? I mean, I wouldn't risk misrepresentation and a ban of 5 years...

Last edited:

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Yeah but don't you have to provided personal details like passport number when you create your profile? I mean, I wouldn't risk misrepresentation and a ban of 5 years...
Yes but things like language results are easy to fake and hard to verify. You can literally sit in the pool while trying your utter best getting an ideal score. Remember you don't have to submit the very same result when you are drawn. As long as your CRS is still above the cutoff you will be fine.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Yeah but don't you have to provided personal details like passport number when you create your profile? I mean, I wouldn't risk misrepresentation and a ban of 5 years...
I mean, if someone is gonna cook up some crazy profiles, why use a real passport anyway?

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
My score is 495 and I have two more week to answer the LOI from PNP Ontario.
- I don't want to pay 1500$
- I don't want to live in Ontario
When you think about immigration I believe it should be with at least a 3-4 years horizon, assuming you want the passport. But you have valid points, if you can get the job offer letter as IRCC wants it, you are 99.99999% certain that you'll get your ITA on the next draw and be able to apply as FSW and live anywhere in Canada (outside Québec, ofc). Ask for the letter, if you can get it, great, if not, don't waste the OINP opportunity. How sure are you that your employer will extend your contract after the 9 months vetting period? And what if you won't have one year of SKILLED experience in Canada, with the recession looming, job prospects may be slim, so you may be 3 months short of CEC. You seem like a great candidate for all programs, the last two years were not kind, I don't want to see you being empty handed...

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys, please give me guidance here, I don't know what to do. I am working right now in Canada(Montreal) under a closed WP with a valid LMIA(Started the job 3 months ago so no CEC for me).
I have received a job offer letter when I signed my contract for the Work Permit but there is no mention of potentially hiring me when I become Permanant.

Just a regular job offer letter with salary, hours, etc.

The issue I have here is I can't add the job to my EE profile because I still don't understand what a valid job offer is. I have received so many
contradictory answers that I honestly don't know who is right.

My score without the Job offer is 495. With the job, it is 445. I have a good chance with 445 but honestly with 495, I am not sure.
Many people have already replied, just adding my observations based on some cases I have seen on this forum.

1. The rules for claiming a job offer are very clear on the website. The offer letter must state that your employer will still give you job 1 year after PR.
2. Almost all employers don't say that in their offer letter. Very few will write something like that. However, many folks here have received those job offer points with valid LMIA and normal offer letter.
3. But you will be on discretion of the visa officer and there is no consistency. So it is still a risk. Personally, if I were you I would not consider this a big risk and go ahead with it as LMIA is a big thing. But everyone's risk tolerance is different. And challenge is the downside is huge.

gsafbch

Jul 21, 2022
Got to look for ways to boost your score, even back in the day it would have been hard to get an ITA with 453, you'd have to go back to early/mid 2019.
Yup completely agree.... I've under 25, just qualified as an optometrist in the UK and only have one year of work experience- in training- (total of 2yrs in Nov, & 3 in Nov '23 fingers crossed which should increase my score ... if it doesn't get *even harder*).
Guess the only way in the meantime at the moment is to brush up on my almost forgotten school level French...

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
There is a question in ITA application that says : "n which province or territory does X intend to reside?
Does it matter for FSW applicants what city they put ? i mean can they put any city and when they go there are they obligated to go to that city ?