+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

meddreamer81

Jun 17, 2022
Guys, please give me guidance here, I don't know what to do. I am working right now in Canada(Montreal) under a closed WP with a valid LMIA(Started the job 3 months ago so no CEC for me).
I have received a job offer letter when I signed my contract for the Work Permit but there is no mention of potentially hiring me when I become Permanant.

Just a regular job offer letter with salary, hours, etc.

The issue I have here is I can't add the job to my EE profile because I still don't understand what a valid job offer is. I have received so many
contradictory answers that I honestly don't know who is right.

My score without the Job offer is 495. With the job, it is 445. I have a good chance with 445 but honestly with 495, I am not sure.

Reactions: RnDtech

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
A valid job offer must be valid for at least one more year after they issue you your PR. Considering EE takes on average 6 months to process, I'd say a 2-year job offer would be relatively safe. Also it cannot be the same job offer you used to apply for your work permit.
My score without the Job offer is 495. With the job, it is 445. I have a good chance with 445 but honestly with 495, I am not sure.
I am so confused lol.. Anyway there is a big chance that IRCC will clear 500+ this year, 495 maybe 50-50 (I have exactly the same score as you do, but I am FSW-O). Being inland is a huge plus in post-pandemic situation.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Guys, please give me guidance here, I don't know what to do. I am working right now in Canada(Montreal) under a closed WP with a valid LMIA(Started the job 3 months ago so no CEC for me).
I have received a job offer letter when I signed my contract for the Work Permit but there is no mention of potentially hiring me when I become Permanant.

The issue I have here is I can't add the job to my EE profile because I still don't understand what a valid job offer is. I have received so many

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Federal Skilled Trades workers
  • made by up to two employers
  • for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year
  • in a skilled trade occupation (jobs with 2016 NOC codes that start with 72, 73, 82, 92 as well as 632 and 633)
It also must be made:
  • by employer(s) who have a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • ifyou’re currently working in Canada in a skilled trade job a work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer(s) offered you a full-time job if you’re accepted as a permanent resident, in a job that is in the same three digit level of the NOC as your current job, for at least one year OR
  • you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Examples of a valid and non-valid job offer
In both examples, the LMIA supports the job offer as set out above, or is exempt from needing an LMIA.
Example 1
Two companies hire a heavy equipment operator. The LMIA lists both. Each employer is offering 16 hours of work per week for a minimum of one year.
This job offer is valid.
Example 2
A construction company offers a plumber a position for 25 hours per week. It’s on a non-contract basis.
This job offer isn’t valid. A job must be for at least 30 hours a week to be full -time.
Jobs exempt from needing an LMIA
There are only two reasons the employer making you the offer doesn’t need to get a new LMIA:
  1. if you’re already working for them with a work permit based on that LMIA
  2. if you work in a job that doesn’t need an LMIA
Find out more about jobs that are exempt.
Your employer must get a new LMIA if:
  • your work permit has expired
  • you’re working on an open work permit
  • you have a job offer from an employer not listed on your work permit
Can you do the job?
Our officers must be convinced that you will:
  • be capable of doing the work you’re offered
  • likely qualify to be licensed or certified by the relevant regulatory body once you’re in Canada ( if the job is regulated in Canada)
Provinces and territories are responsible for designating professions and trades in their jurisdiction. Designation and certification requirements vary by province. Get more information on licensing and regulatory requirements for specific professions or contact the relevant body in the province/territory where you plan to live.

meddreamer81

Jun 17, 2022
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
Thanks. Can you please explain the bold red part?
Does it mean, the job offer letter must explicitly mention that they will keep me when I receive a permanant residence?

My work permit will be valid for two years but my work permit's job offer letter doesn't mention PR at any point. Just a trial period for 9 months, with salary, etc.

You meant 545?
Yes 545.

meddreamer81

Jun 17, 2022
A valid job offer must be valid for at least one more year after they issue you your PR. Considering EE takes on average 6 months to process, I'd say a 2-year job offer would be relatively safe. Also it cannot be the same job offer you used to apply for your work permit.

I am so confused lol.. Anyway there is a big chance that IRCC will clear 500+ this year, 495 maybe 50-50 (I have exactly the same score as you do, but I am FSW-O). Being inland is a huge plus in post-pandemic situation.
I don't know what document to ask from the employer. Should they issue a new job offer? It's kinda odd that my employer has to make a "new" job offer for someone already working with them.

Last edited:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Does it mean, the job offer letter must explicitly mention that they will keep me when I receive a permanant residence?

My work permit will be valid for two years but my work permit's job offer letter doesn't mention PR at any point. Just a trial period for 9 months, with salary, etc.

Yes 545.
Can you please explain the bold red part? means it should cover one year after you become PR, should be employed with that work permit when you are a permanent resident

Does it mean, the job offer letter must explicitly mention that they will keep me when I receive a permanant residence? NO

I dunno about work permits of canada. i simply make quick response posts to queries especially for users who are in urgent.

dont mind my user reaction score, maxed reaction score doesn't mean i am expert hehe

@wonderbly @Naturgrl @cansha @tapperb help this guy out please. quote his original post while responding . thanks bois and gals

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021

You need to show intent to reside outside Quebec if you apply through express entry. Keep that in mind.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020

Yes 545.
I'd wait until more experienced people weigh-in but my two cents is as follows, I am assuming your employer's legal team knows about the 1 year requirement. I would get another job offer, especially if it were done through LMIA, that specifically mentions that they'll have you on for at least one year after PR, I have seen a lot of people getting rejecting because their job offer letters didn't specifically mention this fact. But kim I'm not sure about the legality of such actions, so please wait for more people to weigh-in.

Reactions: meddreamer81

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
@meddreamer81
If you are not sure just enter the pool with 495 for now. You can update your profile later. What IRCC really want to see is a job offer with indefinite duration, which you should try your best to get one. As AlmostThere2 just said anything shorter than an indefinite one could be potentially risky.

Also as I said, since you are inland you are opened to many other programs. The new "TR2PR" variant will almost certainly work in your favor. Try dating a Canadian if you are not married and convince them to sponsor you. As a sellfish FSW-O who doesn't really have any other choices I would appreciate if you don't join the already bloody competition of EE lol.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

I think you made a typo in your numbers.
Your offer letter must say that the company will keep you for at least 1 year after you get PPR.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Can you please explain the bold red part? means it should cover one year after you become PR, should be employed with that work permit when you are a permanent resident

Does it mean, the job offer letter must explicitly mention that they will keep me when I receive a permanant residence? NO

I dunno about work permits of canada. i simply make quick response posts to queries especially for users who are in urgent.

dont mind my user reaction score, maxed reaction score doesn't mean i am expert hehe

@wonderbly @Naturgrl @cansha @tapperb help this guy out please. quote his original post while responding . thanks bois and gals
How does @dankboi have over 10k reactions and I only have 2.5k o_O??? And I've been here longer too :rolleyes:.

That's it, I'm only posting cat memes from now on, no longer posting useful answers :D.

Flower fairy

Jun 6, 2022
My csr is 467, noc 1123. My chances of receiving an ita is -100% . I really thought I had a chance before.
Guess I need to continue planning my life in Jamaica.

Reactions: Trayceee