+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

B&ACanada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Extremely disheartening to hear @ag2020 :( Did you ask for GCMS notes? We got ours in the first week of June that said “recommend passed” however security was yet to start.
Is there any number we can call them? Have you tried calling?

I uploaded my ADRs on 13 April and have the same status as yours. It is now 3 months and waiting still continues. I am seeing mostly people getting PPR in 2-4 weeks after ADRs, don't know why they have held others for so long. Really bad treatment from IRCC. Now draws are resume so not sure how much more time they will take to process our application.

ag2020

Star Member
Apr 13, 2022
Extremely disheartening to hear @ag2020 :( Did you ask for GCMS notes? We got ours in the first week of June that said “recommend passed” however security was yet to start.
Is there any number we can call them? Have you tried calling?
I will apply for GCMS notes tomorrow. Also, their service is pathetic, it is extremely difficult to contact them over call or any other medium. I raised webform twice and got a reply for both of them after 1 month. The reply was generic and exactly the same both times, "Status in your account is up-to-date. You may not hear from us for a long time, but we are still processing the application."
I am having exactly the same status since Mar 2021 after biometrics.
Don't know what they are doing for 3 months now and how much more time we have to wait for PPR.

You can try following:

• telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service—available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
      • If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents—Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      • Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
        • make decisions on applications
        • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
  • TTY:Call us via the Bell Relay service: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
    • 1-800-855-0511 (Voice to TTY)
    • 711 (TTY to Voice)
    • 1-800-855-1155 (TTY to TTY)

Last edited:
Reactions: B&ACanada
D

Deleted member 994371

@stirredo

Backtracking on what I said. In Canada, they block your credit card if you make a transaction that is perceived by them to be remotely suspicious. And it takes an hour of waiting on the phone to get your card unblocked. I made a simple VoIP purchase to a US address and they blocked my credit card for that. Just another one of these Canadian things, I guess.
What do you mean a US address? Do you mean you used it in the US?
I now have two credit cards for the same reason. Since I’ll be doing soft landing, I will only be using them for online subscriptions.

I guess I should also think about using Canadian proxy as well.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
What do you mean a US address? Do you mean you used it in the US?
I now have two credit cards for the same reason. Since I’ll be doing soft landing, I will only be using them for online subscriptions.

I guess I should also think about using Canadian proxy as well.
I bought a VoIP account which only services US zip codes and paid in USD. They thought that a Canadian credit card doing that was fishy.

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
Hi all, we’re again in a soup after being shown hope of some progress by IRCC.
AOR - 6th Feb 2021
Remed - 21st May’22 (remed passed - 29th May’22)
ADR requested - 25th May’22
ADR submitted- 31st May’22

Our ADR status then changed to “documents you have submitted have been uploaded”.

It’s been 40 days now with the same status, no other updates. Raised two webforms as well but no response.
Is anyone else on the same boat as we are?
This wait is killing us again!
I'm nearing a month after ADR, in same boat. I guess we're in that phase when they make people wait for another six months and then asks for Remed, PCC and POF again and then issues PPR. They're even lazy than sloth and slower than snail.

sean_fraser

Jan 20, 2022
It is difficult, but don't be under the impression that you need to be proficient in french to get the 50 months. You need a B2, which is nowhere even in the realm of proficiency. B2 in english, for example, is the person you make fun of for having trash english. B2 is a joke in terms of actual language ability.

Took me about a year, about 12-15 hours a week, to get to B2. A1 and A2 took 2 months each. and anywhere from 4-5 months for B1 and B2 each. It kind of gets muddy because I was using multiple sources to learn.

If I remember my calculations right, a B1 in all four skills will get you a total of 4 points. A B2 in all four will get you 12 points plus the 50 point bonus. I don't think A1 and A2 gets you any points. I think basically you'll get anywhere from 4 to 10 points depending on whatever combination of B1 and B2 scores you get. That took me over 6 months to get to that level. Could take you less, could take you more.

If you're not planning on putting time into it and at least aiming for B2s across the board, I wouldn't waste your time trying.
Can you please share what resources you used to learn French and in which order you referred them? I have started learning French. I have finished a couple of trees in Duolingo. There are total 10 of them. I wanted to see what worked out for you and maybe follow that. @ElvisRamaj I would really appreciate your inputs as well. Thank you guys.

Reactions: Jazkh and gracefu68
D

Deleted member 1006777

Can you please share what resources you used to learn French and in which order you referred them? I have started learning French. I have finished a couple of trees in Duolingo. There are total 10 of them. I wanted to see what worked out for you and maybe follow that. @ElvisRamaj I would really appreciate your inputs as well. Thank you guys.
Too lazy to type this over and over, so I'll copy paste what I posted for someone else a few months ago:

I could give you my entire process but that won't help you much at this stage. Your best bet would be to take intensive classes at your local alliance francaise if you have one. Depending on your country, this could be a bit expensive. The A1 intensive cost me $1200 when I lived in the US. More affordable would be to find a tutor on italki. They'll be one hour lessons and it'll be upto you to put in at least an hour a day outside of classes. Then use an app like tandem for language exchange. It is fairly difficult to find dedicated conversation partners, but you need to start speaking as soon as possible.

Given that you're already 470, you can get away with a low B2 which would give you 12 extra points. A high B2 gets you 62 points, there is no in between. I started from scratch and was ready to pass the exam after 10-12 months. The last 3 of thsoe were just to cross the high B2 barrier. So it is very realistic for you to be able to get to a low B2 in 5ish months. However, I did study for 2-3 hours a day, and used my spare time listening to french podcasts, doing vocabulary flashcards etc. If you want me to get into more depth, I'd be happy to help, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Edit: There's also a post somewhere of someone, a mother with a young child, who worked fulltime, and passed the exam after 6 months of starting. That post was my inspiration to start learning.

Unfortunately there is no secret sauce. Duolingo is fine as a supplement, but even finishing it from start to finish only gets you to A2. And it's pretty inefficient. And it will not actually help you with the 4 competencies (writing, speaking, reading and listening), especially the first two, which are the most difficult. After I finished my B2 studies, I also enrolled for the Lingoda sprint marathon (look it up on google). It does cost $1000, but you get a 100% refund if you attend all classes for 3 months. This was just so I could cross the low B2 to high B2 barrier. Any specific methods and techniques will only be useful once you're a high B1. Until then, take lessons, and most importantly, start speaking as soon as possible.

Azeem2004

Aug 29, 2021
AOR 03 aug 21
Cor pakistan
Pvo edmonton
Sec vancouver
1st Medical passed 9th dec 21
Bio metric 9th dec
14 feb GU eligibility passed
13th May GU security passed
7th june GU criminality passed
8th june request for remedical
9th june ADR for PCC and Child fees
18th june remedical done
20th june we are reviewing your additional documents
24th june re medical passed at 8 pm PST
24th June received anothet GU at 11 pm PST but no nothing in Portal.

When should i expect PPR.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Too lazy to type this over and over, so I'll copy paste what I posted for someone else a few months ago:

I could give you my entire process but that won't help you much at this stage. Your best bet would be to take intensive classes at your local alliance francaise if you have one. Depending on your country, this could be a bit expensive. The A1 intensive cost me $1200 when I lived in the US. More affordable would be to find a tutor on italki. They'll be one hour lessons and it'll be upto you to put in at least an hour a day outside of classes. Then use an app like tandem for language exchange. It is fairly difficult to find dedicated conversation partners, but you need to start speaking as soon as possible.

Given that you're already 470, you can get away with a low B2 which would give you 12 extra points. A high B2 gets you 62 points, there is no in between. I started from scratch and was ready to pass the exam after 10-12 months. The last 3 of thsoe were just to cross the high B2 barrier. So it is very realistic for you to be able to get to a low B2 in 5ish months. However, I did study for 2-3 hours a day, and used my spare time listening to french podcasts, doing vocabulary flashcards etc. If you want me to get into more depth, I'd be happy to help, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Edit: There's also a post somewhere of someone, a mother with a young child, who worked fulltime, and passed the exam after 6 months of starting. That post was my inspiration to start learning.

Unfortunately there is no secret sauce. Duolingo is fine as a supplement, but even finishing it from start to finish only gets you to A2. And it's pretty inefficient. And it will not actually help you with the 4 competencies (writing, speaking, reading and listening), especially the first two, which are the most difficult. After I finished my B2 studies, I also enrolled for the Lingoda sprint marathon (look it up on google). It does cost $1000, but you get a 100% refund if you attend all classes for 3 months. This was just so I could cross the low B2 to high B2 barrier. Any specific methods and techniques will only be useful once you're a high B1. Until then, take lessons, and most importantly, start speaking as soon as possible.
What about Alliance Française? There is one in my city in India so they should have a good presence in other countries also.