+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
That's one thing I miss about the US. You could joke about pretty much anything including race (in a social context). Thankfully there's still comedians like Russell Peters around not afraid to make a joke or two
yeah i'll be fudged if i wasnt even allowed to make jokes about myself. leave me out of social circles like that

D

Deleted member 994371

It may appear as if I have been very lucky but that's not the case here. My PR journey had started in way back 2011, December when I had landed in Canada as a student.

During my stay in Canada, I experienced multiple rejections including MPNP refusal in 2013, AINP refusal in 2015, work permit extension refusal in 2014. Had to leave Canada with a heavy heart and tears of pain in December 2014.

Damn, bro. Congratulations. You deserve it more than anyone.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You can save yourself a lot of trouble with spice odours if you just skip the dry-roasting/tadka and cover the pans most of the time while cooking. I'm also used to opening the windows while cooking anything, but I don't think that's an option in Canada during winter.
It still gets stuck on our dresses. Better to bath or put a new dress and go out.

Reactions: ImpatientAlligator
D

Deleted member 994371

It still gets stuck on our dresses. Better to bath or put a new dress and go out.

So I guess I gotta have dedicated cooking clothes now? Damn.

Gotta say. I'd like to learn these things through comments over here rather than learn them from actual life experiences.

Keep them coming. What else do I need to know?

Reactions: AlmostThere2

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
It's the smell of really strong indian spices and IT IS REAL. I am in a situation ATM: just bought a house previously owned by an Indian. It's been a week and over $1k spent trying to get the smell out, it just won't go. We have had to delay moving in cos it's just unbearable. We noticed it when we went for initial viewing but assumed it will go away by simply airing out the house. Nope, that hasn't worked yet.

Anyone has tips on how to get the "curry" smell out? :(
Most of the odours will reside on the cooking surfaces, the ceiling and the ducts. If you haven't already; clean the ducts with professionals, clean the ceiling with a scented wet sponge and clean the cooking surfaces and cooking exhaust with baking-soda and vinegar.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Most of the odours will reside on the cooking surfaces, the ceiling and the ducts. If you haven't already; clean the ducts with professionals, clean the ceiling with a scented wet sponge and clean the cooking surfaces and cooking exhaust with baking-soda and vinegar.
Thanks! We've done the baking soda and vinegar, they said to give it a couple more days. We are having the ducts cleaned as well. I will try the wet sponge on ceiling bit too.

I think the strongest smell is in the Pantry, where the spices are stored. One of the cleaning guys said we might need to change the shelves in there as the smell is stuck in the wood? I am hoping it doesn't come to that

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Gotta say. I'd like to learn these things through comments over here rather than learn them from actual life experiences.

Idk where in India you are from but if you look white-ish then try and pass for Turkish/South European, if you dark then go for Brazilian/African, it will help with the dating scene, most bimbos won't be able to tell

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Yes, brother. Never wear the cooking dress out. It stinks. I think you will learn other things one by one...!!!! :p :p :p

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019

you might already know this, but getting a costco membership as a new immigrant is super worth it. like, i kick myself for not getting a costco membership early on and using it to buy good quality non-consumables and gas at discounted prices. like for example, i just bought a chef's knife from costco for $90, and its listed at $135 on amazon. i bought a vacuum with freaking headlights so you can clean the inside of closets for only $129 there too. you can get kitchen appliances, clothes, and some furniture there too

D

Deleted member 994371

you might already know this, but getting a costco membership as a new immigrant is super worth it. like, i kick myself for not getting a costco membership early on and using it to buy good quality non-consumables and gas at discounted prices. like for example, i just bought a chef's knife from costco for $90, and its listed at $135 on amazon. i bought a vacuum with freaking headlights so you can clean the inside of closets for only $129 there too. you can get kitchen appliances, clothes, and some furniture there too

Most people have visiting mountains, museums, and hiking trails on their wish list. I'd like to visit the biggest car parking of a empty Walmart or Costco. You don't how big of a deal that is for someone who has lived in a congested place like I have.