+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

But I think 2nd generation immigrants don't have an issue like this because I saw a lot of mixed race friends in calgary which is rare in Houston
Yeah just don't give your children ethnic names...

D

Deleted member 994371

Yeah just don't give your children ethnic names...

If immigrants become the majority, will names like John Smith considered "ethnic"?

I can see a future where you must have at least four syllables in your name or the Child's Rights commission will have to step in so that you don't end up getting child bullied in school as he was given a minority name.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok when I opened the thread it was 2378 pages and now I'm posting this on page 2370.. Seems like massive cleaning exercise going on. Never seen so many comments deleted before that 8 forum pages (may be more) were reduced.

Reactions: AlmostThere2
D

Deleted member 994371

Ok when I opened the thread it was 2378 pages and now I'm posting this on page 2370.. Seems like massive cleaning exercise going on. Never seen so many comments deleted before that 8 forum pages (may be more) were reduced.
Half of those comments were mine.

Apparently, my pic of "real" Canadians triggered the moderators.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Half of those comments were mine.

Apparently, my pic of "real" Canadians triggered the moderators.
Ok I haven't been on the forum for last couple of weeks so haven't seen anything. Well in any case you wanted to "stir" things when you chose that username. So seems like you have.

D

Deleted member 1050918

If immigrants become the majority, will names like John Smith considered "ethnic"?

I can see a future where you must have at least four syllables in your name or the Child's Rights commission will have to step in so that you don't end up getting child bullied in school as he was given a minority name.
Immigrants will never become majority because in that case westerners will form their own neighborhoods (then the immigrant neighborhoods will go to shit, immigrants will try to move to westerner neighborhoods, same thing just lower scale). It is the same mechanism as the one formed these good countries all the easterners are trying to escape to. So I would still advise against giving your children ethnic names.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Wow yesterday with some conversations with the people of other nationalities came to know indians have a very bad reputation in calgary, I even heard that from an Indian girl who lives in my airbnb. I was really surprised because in US we are known as nerds, sw engineers and doctors,socially awkward, funny accent....Here hmm don't want to talk about it.
Thats because Indians in US don't represent the average Indian (or any Asiam minority) for that matter.

The Indians in the US for the most part are the cream of the crop of India. They were selected for unis and colleges against all other Indians, best scores, filtered with tough visa interviews, then they go thru h1b struggle, sponsorship. So the remaining people are the best India offers (which ironically the US drains). That's why the stereotype is of a successful nerd.

In Canada, the Indians they take are the Average Punjeet, so the stereotypes are different and probably way worse. Just my observation

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Thats because Indians in US don't represent the average Indian (or any Asiam minority) for that matter.

The Indians in the US for the most part are the cream of the crop of India. They were selected for unis and colleges against all other Indians, best scores, filtered with tough visa interviews, then they go thru h1b struggle, sponsorship. So the remaining people are the best India offers (which ironically the US drains). That's why the stereotype is of a successful nerd.

In Canada, the Indians they take are the Average Punjeet, so the stereotypes are different and probably way worse. Just my observation
The only thing which caught me of guard was the harassment and creep part .I agree with you we had to write a he'll lot of exams to step foot in the US.

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hello, anyone in the know please answer my query.

Is it easier for a COPR holder to add spouse in the application? If yes, how. Should I raise a webform?

Or is it better to land and get PR approved and then start a separate application for spouse.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlmostThere2

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hello, anyone can in the know please answer my query.

Is it easier for a COPR holder to add spouse in the application? If yes, how. Should I raise a webform?

Or is it better to land and get PR approved and then start a separate application for spouse.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.
@RSub ,I think you can help him.

Reactions: RSub