AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hello everyone,

I am post PPR applicant
I am worried as my passport's first page lamination is little bit teared but in RFV it was clearly mentioned that it should not be, could this lead to returning of passport without visa stamping

Please share any experiences on this or similar

Thanks in advance

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Well, if its not going to be introduced explicitly, it will be done indirectly.

Just follow the political scene and you will understand. Why do you think an unlimited number of Ukranians (European, mostly Orthodox - Christian) could apply for urgent visitor visa and be eligible for an open work permit as soon as they land, leading to become certain Canadian PRs in the future ? To counter balance the immigrants from Asia - Africa. 100k+ approved so far and I believe they will reach up to 300k by the years end, equally to a whole year of federal immigration quotas.

Additionally, if the political party in power decides to increase the French language points to say 60, there will be a lot of future candidates whol will just give IELTS for the sake of getting CLB 7 and focus on French. No to mention if they decide to handle French draws, thats a different case completely which will balance the immigration stream even further.

You see, there are lots of ways that you can inderectly put a cap on country quotas.
I don't know why you are conflating the introduction of new streams or modification of criteria with country caps. A country cap is an immutable cap based on one's origin which one can't overcome no matter what. If someone can acquire a new skill or language to meet the criteria, it's not exactly a cap.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't know why you are conflating the introduction of new streams or modification of criteria with country caps. A country cap is an immutable cap based on one's origin which one can't overcome no matter what. If someone can acquire a new skill or language to meet the criteria, it's not exactly a cap.
Please read the post again, because I don't think you understood it correctly.

If the quota is not put directly (explicitly), with these "already" on the way changes to the Express Entry, it will be done indirectly. Assume that the French draws would become a normality, can you imagine where the absolute majority will be from ? Hint, not Asia.

Now, imagine if they award additional points as a French speaker, who do you think will benefit the most as in an easy and faster to acquire skill ? Hint, not Asians. Their accent prevents the majority, no matter what. Have you heard a typical asian speaking English ? Its like a new form of their mother tongue.

Also, this year are the Ukranians favored, next year who knows who will be to counter balance things out.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hello everyone,

Can anyone answer on this

I am post PPR applicant
I am worried as my passport's first page lamination is little bit teared but in RFV it was clearly mentioned that it should not be, could this lead to returning of passport without visa stamping

Please share any experiences on this or similar

Thanks in advance

KarenJ

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
I got a response from Fraser's office yesterday that my file has been moved to CIO from Vancouver.

It was originally at CIO then moved to Accra => Winnipeg => Vancouver and now at CIO. I called on February 24 and Eligibility and Security were not yet started.

I'm trying to make sense of this new movement. What do you guys think? What could be the reason? Is it a good move?

Thank you.
Hi lekanoni any update on your application?

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Thanks bro ,no I didn't receive SIN I requested for an appointment ,tmrw will call them if they allow walk in will go day after tmrw else wait.
Today got my connections for phone(fido),bought bus pass and groceries.
That's nice, I hear Fido has best plans. How is the network though?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, if its not going to be introduced explicitly, it will be done indirectly.

Just follow the political scene and you will understand. Why do you think an unlimited number of Ukranians (European, mostly Orthodox - Christian) could apply for urgent visitor visa and be eligible for an open work permit as soon as they land, leading to become certain Canadian PRs in the future ? To counter balance the immigrants from Asia - Africa. 100k+ approved so far and I believe they will reach up to 300k by the years end, equally to a whole year of federal immigration quotas.

Additionally, if the political party in power decides to increase the French language points to say 60, there will be a lot of future candidates whol will just give IELTS for the sake of getting CLB 7 and focus on French. No to mention if they decide to handle French draws, thats a different case completely which will balance the immigration stream even further.

You see, there are lots of ways that you can inderectly put a cap on country quotas.
Mate one advantages these Ukrainians have over Asians is that they'll happily settle somewhere like Winnipeg or Newfoundland without batting an eye about the cold or weather. The -20 degrees will probably remind them of back home

D

Deleted member 994371

Beat them at their own game, learn french if you're the former and blow both out of the water.

How many French people from France immigrate to Quebec? Does anyone have any stats on that?

I bet the stats will surprise everyone. Only desperate eastern European will immigrate to Quebec as Francophones.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
How many French people from France immigrate to Quebec? Does anyone have any stats on that?

I bet the stats will surprise everyone. Only desperate eastern European will immigrate to Quebec as Francophones.
Anecdotally, most French (from France, not the wider Francophone group) people I know that immigrate to Quebec usually do it with a job offer/prospect in hand. While I do not have the stats at hand I'm not entirely sure if they'd vary significantly, since learning French is a great asset for the regular, federal, non Quebec, Express Entry as of late (50? extra points anyone?).

D

Deleted member 994371

Think I'm gonna find a peaceful town to live by a lake but close enough to commute to work. Just enjoy my slow paced life and enjoy nature

What's a peaceful place in Ontario to seek something like that?

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all,
I got my application approval and passport back last Friday. I got a request to fill Schedule-1 in March. They requested me to send passport in April. My passport was with VFS and Consulate for two months. I made a bunch of calls and emails to request expedite the case. I finally got my passport back last Friday (June 3). However, IRCC is asking me to travel to Canada before July 5, in less than a month.
I am currently in US under H1B and I cannot travel onboard without a visa interview. I also emailed my company lawyer and they recommended me not to travel before October. Has anyone been able to ask for an extension from IRCC?

D

Deleted member 994371

Hi all,
I got my application approval and passport back last Friday. I got a request to fill Schedule-1 in March. They requested me to send passport in April. My passport was with VFS and Consulate for two months. I made a bunch of calls and emails to request expedite the case. I finally got my passport back last Friday (June 3). However, IRCC is asking me to travel to Canada before July 5, in less than a month.
I am currently in US under H1B and I cannot travel onboard without a visa interview. I also emailed my company lawyer and they recommended me not to travel before October. Has anyone been able to ask for an extension from IRCC?

When was your medical supposed to expire? When was your passport supposed to expire?

When you received your passport back, there must be a letter along with it. That letter has an email address you can mail to if you find something wrong with it. You can try your luck there and see if they reply before July 5.

If not, you should go to the border, get your COPR signed by an immigration officer over there and return to USA. Make sure you can return to Canada directly from US and not your home country, when it's you are ready to settle in Canada. Otherwise, you will need to apply for something called "PRTD".

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
When was your medical supposed to expire? When was your passport supposed to expire?

When you received your passport back, there must be a letter along with it. That letter has an email address you can mail to if you find something wrong with it. You can try your luck there and see if they reply before July 5.

If not, you should go to the border, get your COPR signed by an immigration officer over there and return to USA. Make sure you can return to Canada directly from US and not your home country, when it's you are ready to settle in Canada. Otherwise, you will need to apply for something called "PRTD".
My medical was supposed to expire in Sep 2021. I got my medical in Sep 2020. But I was never requested to renew my medical.
My passport is supposed to expire in 2027.

Would it be possible to go to the Canada-US border, get COPR signed at the border but not travel to Canada? I cannot travel abroad outside US at this moment.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi all,
Why can't you travel to Canada and go back to US if you are on H1B? You can use AVR option.