+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
@dankboi @RSub Thank you for your help!
I've sent a web form with the attachments highlighting the Passport number issue! I tried calling them yesterday but kept getting the too many people, cannot put you in a queue message.
I'm going to call them everyday now.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Vancouver sounds fun doesn't it?
LOL :D

Yup, I know that kind of fun... Run to timmy and sleep kind of fun.

Meanwhile, today is about 2 and a half months and Canada Post (or IRCC) has not yet delivered our PR cards. Yeah. Its that stupid here. I think we will wait till next year to get our PR cards. They just don't want us to leave Canada... not even for a minute. And I thought its just the girls that get possessive. Oh Canada!

dravidmsk

May 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-01-2020
Hello everyone. Received the 'Ready for Visa' email last night. :)

AOR: Jan 2020, based out of India.

Got a quick couple of questions.

- When shipping documents to VFS, should I also include my old passport? (most of my travel done is recorded in the old passport)
- Will I also receive an email for my dependents or this alone would suffice for all my dependents?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 994371

Hello everyone. Received the 'Ready for Visa' email last night. :)

AOR: Jan 2020, based out of India.

Got a quick couple of questions.

- When shipping documents to VFS, should I also include my old passport? (most of my travel done is recorded in the old passport)
- Will I also receive an email for my dependents or this alone would suffice for all my dependents?

Thanks!
You may find the answers you are looking for over here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

Keep in mind this was posted in Dec, 2020. So things have changed slightly. VFS allows booking and paying for the passport services directly and you don't have to mail them now.

You will find the information on VFS India Canada website.

Reactions: dankboi

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

dravidmsk

May 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-01-2020

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
I believe so. Clinic has a direct access to IRCC unlike us who only have access to customer service reps. If I were you I would also attach medicals with PCC if medical does not get updated by the time you submit ADR.
Ok
Thsnks for the advice
I will also attach the medicals with pcc

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I expected this and avoided getting an initial temporary address to move in first and look for a permanent place because I didn't wanna further fuck up the PR card delivery process by updating IRCC with a new address. They can already barely handle a single address, a delivery address update would send my PR card to the space. I found a good place (a bit pricey for AB) and signed a year long contract.

Do you think IRCC will deliver my card before my contract expires? You know, the answer is not that easy to give... The max I've heard is 5 months I believe.
When do you plan to move? I've also been thinking of just getting a longer term place instead of an initial temporary address. Trying to move in the next 2 months, so I'd like to see how far in advance you've found a place.

D

Deleted member 994371

Already moved but I had had my rental contract signed a little over a month before my landing date. One sentence to summarize my home hunting experience (while outside Canada): They don't trust immigrants. I can kinda understand them though.

If you lived in a cheap country, would you have done soft-landing?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Just think about the level of the economic blow Canada would receive if the US decided to streamline PR in a way similar to EE. Even if the process until approval took 3-5 years in total, I'd ignore Canada completely and focus entirely on the US. We wouldn't see a single international student/temporary worker trying to go to Canada for anything.
Like 90% of recent newcomers (students/PRS) to Canada who've come within the last 5 years have told me they will/are considering moving to US in the future due to home prices/salaries

D

Deleted member 1050918

If you lived in a cheap country, would you have done soft-landing?
My country is cheaper than Canada and I did think about soft landing but found it risky so I went with a hard landing.

New immigration term introduced by Kangaroo:

*drum roll*

I recommend hybrid landing. Find a place in Canada for 6 months (might be kinda challenging but yeah) and move back to your country after 6 months rather than immediately. You'd most likely get your PR card within 6 months. 6 months of job search while physically in Canada will give you a really good idea about the situation there and your chances so when you're back to your country you'll be more experienced.

Like 90% of recent newcomers (students/PRS) to Canada who've come within the last 5 years have told me they will/are considering moving to US in the future due to home prices/salaries
I'm willing to bet 90% of CANADIAN youth is willing to move to the US lol. Canada is not a developed country, they just have money because they're lucky to have crazy amounts of gas oil gold and other mines so all they had to do was dig them out and sell them, which is an easy process as far as industrial processes go.

AB is a heaven in terms of housing costs, salaries will always be considerably lower than US salaries but one has the chance to make some good living in AB if they're lucky enough to get that first god damned Canadian job offer. Same can be said about MB and SK but the job hunt is even more difficult in those provinces.

QC is king in both housing costs and job market but, I mean, it's QC bro, we're talking about Canada and QC ain't Canada.

ON and BC are completely uninhabitable. I don't think I even need to explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 994371

100% of Canadians are willing to move to the US in the future due to home prices/salaries. Checkout /r/canada and /r/onguardforthee on reddit.

The only ones that stay back are the ones worried about healthcare. It is an upgrade in every other way.

Reactions: RSub