+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

You don’t need to wait for PR card though. You can just land and take the next flight home. You are a PR the moment you land. Just will need to apply for PRTD to enter without a PR card.
Ours took 3 weeks (Calgary VO). Even if it takes longer, once landed you can go back anytime and apply for a PRTD to get back in anytime, without the worry of CoPR expiring.
Taiwanese? One of my co-worker is Taiwanese. He has a daughter who attends college too. I will introduce you two sometimes. :)
@Glaber

Would it be a good idea to tell the officer that I don't have a permanent address right now, so I'd like wait till I have one to have my PR card?

I'd like to get my PR activated, get my SIN card and then take flight back home as soon as I can. Then, afterwards I can apply for PR card.

The only problem I see is on the official page they say that new residents automatically get their PR card dispatched. They don't have set rules for someone applying for PR card as a new immigrant. I might face some issues there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#5445E5

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Honestly I can't blame the guy. The IRCC application website is so terribly designed. It's like a web developer intern from the 1980s made the website in a week. Terrible UI, unclear instructions, bad/no descriptions of what the statuses mean, unclear navigation.
I don't disagree with you, but it's his application and he should've double checked. IRCC has no liability when it comes to stuff like this, it's on the applicant.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
I don't disagree with you, but it's his application and he should've double checked. IRCC has no liability when it comes to stuff like this, it's on the applicant.
To err is human. Its not like he doesn't fulfil the criteria plus when it comes to following the rules, we know who's the master at bending rules so I wouldn't be too hard on this guy. He deserves some leeway.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Normally, I'd agree, given that people would just lose a few months of their time. It's a whole another thing if the application is rejected for some trivial reason after 2 years. You cannot blindly apply rules meant to apply for a 6 month timeline to a 2 year timeline. Especially since the additional documents were required in the first place because of IRCC's dreadful performance.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
To err is human. Its not like he doesn't fulfil the criteria plus when it comes to following the rules, we know who's the master at bending rules so I wouldn't be too hard on this guy. He deserves some leeway.
A minor oversight shouldn't be counted as basis for rejection. Its cruel and is tantount to punishing the applicant.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
He does deserve leeway, but legally the liability is on him to provide a corrected and complete application. I'm sure he could file an appeal, it will be a lengthy process. He could also reapply when the next draw EE draw happens in July.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
@Glaber

Would it be a good idea to tell the officer that I don't have a permanent address right now, so I'd like wait till I have one to have my PR card?

I'd like to get my PR activated, get my SIN card and then take flight back home as soon as I can. Then, afterwards I can apply for PR card.

The only problem I see is on the official page they say that new residents automatically get their PR card dispatched. They don't have set rules for someone applying for PR card as a new immigrant. I might face some issues there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#5445E5
I didn’t have a permanent address, just hotel reservation. There are several reservations you can cancel last minute on booking, only needing to stay the first night. The officer didn’t even ask for where I would stay though, just if I had a permanent address, and when I said no, he gave me a paper on how to send the address later. I think you need to send your address up to 6 months after landing, or you will need to pay for another PR card(not sure about this though).

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Minister Fraser says processing standards could return to normal by 2023

Immigration Minister Sean Fraser appeared today before the Canadian Parliament’s Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration to participate in the committee’s new study on IRCC’s application backlogs and processing times.
The parliamentary committee is comprised of elected federal government officials. Their mandate is to monitor federal policy relating to immigration and multiculturalism, as well as oversee the immigration department and refugee board. They conduct studies and make recommendations to guide immigration policy. Minister Fraser was invited on behalf of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to participate in the committee’s backlog study, which began last Thursday.

As of April 29, IRCC’s inventory had more than 2.1 million applicants waiting on decisions for citizenship, immigration, and temporary residence. The temporary residence inventory has doubled since April 2021, in part due to the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET), a measure put in place to support people fleeing from Ukraine.

Processing standards to be met by 2023
Fraser also told the committee that IRCC will aim to return processing times to their standard for the majority of business lines by the end of the calendar year. He said that all processing standards are expected to return to normal by 2023.

Processing standards refer to the goal IRCC sets to process an application. Standards do not always reflect actual processing times.

IRCC’s efforts to improve wait times for applicants include adding more staff to its 11,000 employees, as well as modernizing the immigration system. Fraser said the $827 million budget to digitize the current system will transform immigration in Canada. Already, efforts to modernize have helped IRCC make 156,000 permanent residency applications in the first quarter of 2022.

IRCC also has $85 million to speed up processing for certain lines of business, such as PR card renewals. IRCC Assistant Deputy Minister of Operations Daniel Mills said these PR card renewals were being processed in an average of 120 days in December, but by now it has been reduced to 65 days.

Changes to Express Entry
During the two-hour meeting, Fraser hinted that further changes were coming to the Express Entry system.

“I’m very excited about new flexibilities we’re going to be pursuing in the Express Entry system which will allow us, with more precision, to target workers to fill gaps in key sectors as soon as possible under the current system,” Fraser said before being cut off due to a shortage of time. The minister did not elaborate further throughout the rest of the meeting.

One of Fraser’s mandates as minister is to expand pathways to permanent residence for international students and temporary foreign workers through Express Entry. The minister had previously suggested that occupation-specific Express Entry drawscould be a possibility for the future.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Minister Fraser says processing standards could return to normal by 2023

Immigration Minister Sean Fraser appeared today before the Canadian Parliament’s Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration to participate in the committee’s new study on IRCC’s application backlogs and processing times.
The parliamentary committee is comprised of elected federal government officials. Their mandate is to monitor federal policy relating to immigration and multiculturalism, as well as oversee the immigration department and refugee board. They conduct studies and make recommendations to guide immigration policy. Minister Fraser was invited on behalf of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to participate in the committee’s backlog study, which began last Thursday.

As of April 29, IRCC’s inventory had more than 2.1 million applicants waiting on decisions for citizenship, immigration, and temporary residence. The temporary residence inventory has doubled since April 2021, in part due to the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET), a measure put in place to support people fleeing from Ukraine.

Processing standards to be met by 2023
Fraser also told the committee that IRCC will aim to return processing times to their standard for the majority of business lines by the end of the calendar year. He said that all processing standards are expected to return to normal by 2023.

Processing standards refer to the goal IRCC sets to process an application. Standards do not always reflect actual processing times.

IRCC’s efforts to improve wait times for applicants include adding more staff to its 11,000 employees, as well as modernizing the immigration system. Fraser said the $827 million budget to digitize the current system will transform immigration in Canada. Already, efforts to modernize have helped IRCC make 156,000 permanent residency applications in the first quarter of 2022.

IRCC also has $85 million to speed up processing for certain lines of business, such as PR card renewals. IRCC Assistant Deputy Minister of Operations Daniel Mills said these PR card renewals were being processed in an average of 120 days in December, but by now it has been reduced to 65 days.

Changes to Express Entry
During the two-hour meeting, Fraser hinted that further changes were coming to the Express Entry system.

“I’m very excited about new flexibilities we’re going to be pursuing in the Express Entry system which will allow us, with more precision, to target workers to fill gaps in key sectors as soon as possible under the current system,” Fraser said before being cut off due to a shortage of time. The minister did not elaborate further throughout the rest of the meeting.

One of Fraser’s mandates as minister is to expand pathways to permanent residence for international students and temporary foreign workers through Express Entry. The minister had previously suggested that occupation-specific Express Entry drawscould be a possibility for the future.
He keeps hinting about NOC-specific draws in the future. Seems like he means it.

Reactions: RSub

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
He keeps hinting about NOC-specific draws in the future. Seems like he means it.
Real info will have to be disclosed before draws start, so I guess we should see what he’s planning soon. Sucks that nowadays they never give people prep time for their new stuff.

Reactions: RSub

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To people who have recently received PPR/Landed in Canada. What do you guys suggest regarding applying for jobs in Canada. Should I apply before my arrival or is it better to apply once I land. How hard is it to find a job before landing? Do employers ask for immigration status documents/sin before offering a job? Do I need a Canadian number?

Also for people in Ontario, how is the job market for skilled and unskilled work? I keep hearing Canada needs workers after pandemic but is the same valid for Ontario?

I don't have a ppr yet! Just expecting it soon and want to have a job as soon as I land

Reactions: RSub and garima994

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Real info will have to be disclosed before draws start, so I guess we should see what he’s planning soon. Sucks that nowadays they never give people prep time for their new stuff.
please start doing it next yr.. I am pre-ITA and I don't think my NOC is that "in demand"

D

Deleted member 994371

I didn’t have a permanent address, just hotel reservation. There are several reservations you can cancel last minute on booking, only needing to stay the first night. The officer didn’t even ask for where I would stay though, just if I had a permanent address, and when I said no, he gave me a paper on how to send the address later. I think you need to send your address up to 6 months after landing, or you will need to pay for another PR card(not sure about this though).
Can you please share the paper that was given to you with your personal details blurred? I think reading specific instructions beforehand will help me a lot.