+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Imposter69

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Hey guys, I'm PNP-O applicant AOR 27 Dec 2021
MEP/BIL 10 Feb 2022
Today (31 Mar 2022) I got my 2nd GU and my background check has been updated to "Your application is in progress....."?
I don't have any visa refusal nor I didn't answer any statutory question with yes.
Is this a good sign? Or my file has been transferred to another VO?
No one can tell for sure, if you want to know if there was a VO change you might need to call IRCC or order GCMS notes. The update means that they're working on your application, it could take them anywhere from a few days to more than 2 years to give a final decision. There are plenty of people here who had the same update weeks ago and are still waiting for a sign of life from IRCC.

ethanlaughs

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
If 27 months is the new processing time. why do they ask for remeds? Criminal records and meds should be valid for at least 2 years

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
IRCC updates processing times tool to provide more accurate information
IRCC has unveiled major changes today as it seeks to be more transparent with its clients.

On March 31, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced major updates to the government’s online processing times tool.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) clients can now see more accurate estimates of how long it will take to process their application.

Most permanent resident and citizenship services will now use dynamic processing times. New calculations will be posted weekly based on data from the previous six months. Dynamic processing times for temporary residence services are already in place, based on data from the past eight or 16 weeks.

The new processing time estimates will reflect the volumes of applications being processed, as well as the latest operational realities. They will allow future newcomers to make plans based on a more accurate timeline. This upgrade to the government website is part of IRCC’s effort to modernize the immigration system.

Before, the government website was only showing the service standard, which is IRCC’s commitment to process applications under normal circumstances. This past January, Fraser had announced that these changes would be forthcoming in the months ahead.

The difference between processing times and service standards
IRCC’s processing times tell clients how long it took to process most complete applications in the past and are updated weekly. Service standards, on the other hand, are IRCC’s commitments to process applications in a certain amount of time under normal circumstances. They are not updated regularly, and not all programs have service standards.

IRCC reports annually on how actual processing times compared to service standards.

How processing times are calculated
IRCC measures processing times based on how long it took to process 80% of the applications in the past. Processing times start the day IRCC receive a complete application and ends when an immigration officer makes a decision on it.

For those who apply by mail, the processing time starts when their complete application arrives in an IRCC mail room. For those who apply online or in person, the processing time starts when they submit their application.

What are IRCC’s processing times right now?
As of March 31, processing times are the following:

Economic class immigration
Family class immigration
Refugees and humanitarian & compassionate (H&C) applicants
  • Government-assisted refugees: Varies by country
  • Privately-sponsored refugees: Varies by country
  • Protected persons and convention refugees in Canada: 22 months
  • H&C cases: 16 months
Temporary residence application
  • Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country
  • Visitor visa inside Canada: 16 days online and 48 days by paper
  • Visitor extension: 162 days online and 201 days by paper
  • Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country
  • Study permit outside Canada: 13 weeks
  • Study permit inside Canada: 9 weeks
  • Study permit extension: 75 days online and 156 days by paper
  • Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country
  • Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 133 days online and 239 days by paper
  • International Experience Canada: Varies by country
  • Electronic Travel Authorization: 5 minutes
Citizenship
Permanent resident (PR) cards
  • Renewing or replacing a PR card: 108 days
  • Waiting for first card: 103 days
Replacing or amending documents, verifying status
  • Verification of status: 26 weeks
  • Replacement of valid temporary resident documents: 22 weeks
  • Amendments of immigration documents: 47 weeks
  • Amendments of valid temporary resident documents: 27 weeks
IRCC’s latest inventory
IRCC has struggled to manage its inventory and stick to its service standards due to challenges caused by the pandemic. The latest data shows the department’s inventory stands at 1.84 million people awaiting processing. The data suggests IRCC is making progress in some areas, such as with Express Entry CEC and FSWP applicants, but continues to struggle in other areas, such as processing citizenship applications.

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
Now that they have updated the processing time to 27 months for FSW, would that mean we can't file for mandamus? Since waiting for 2 years would mean you're within the average processing time. I'm trying to understand if mandamus is still an option or not.
That's a concern, I just paid to file Mandamus. Today is the first day of my 27th month.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
My only question for that after hitting the goal will they stop processing(processing at snail pace) backlogs?
It is just so stupid of IRCC, sending ADR's and not processing them.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
As I'm sitting here day dreaming how great life in Winnipeg will be, I want to ask those who recently did remeds:

How long did it take from when your hospital/provider/doctor submitted your remed to IRCC until you saw some kind of acknowledgement that IRCC received your remed (change in your canada.ca portal or an email)?
10 days for me

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
As I'm sitting here day dreaming how great life in Winnipeg will be, I want to ask those who recently did remeds:

How long did it take from when your hospital/provider/doctor submitted your remed to IRCC until you saw some kind of acknowledgement that IRCC received your remed (change in your canada.ca portal or an email)?
A month for me... But dont worry, everything happens last for me, always...
Urs will be updated soon!

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Maybe they have quarter to quarter targets. So, more number cooking. We'll find out in the first week of April if they're saving applications to release in the second quarter.
My only question is, if that is the case why are they issuing 1 or 2 PPRs every other day, that too for people who have submitted ADRs recently just a few days before they have received PPR?
IRCC really screwed us by saying not to go for upfront medicals. All the recent PPRs I have seen are for people who got upfront medicals done.