+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
For those of us who are FSW and have CPC-Ottawa as the VO, do you have a perspective on what FSW AORs they may be working on right now?
I understand they do not work in a FIFO fashion but wonder if anyone observed any pattern?
There's as much pattern as getting a lottery ticket and expecting a result lol. But Ottawa has gotten active now for 2020 applications.

It may be confirmation bias but sending a webform asking if you can submit upfront medicals/any additional documents may help. I sent a webform (look at my history) and got Schedule A ADR days later. I saw another similar post here about upfront medicals (forgot who). Best idea for mental sanity is just forget about it and wait

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
22 now. So 3 years plus 1 year for citizenship. Maybe 27 since citizenship takes 2 years.tgese days
Is the requirement not to have spent 3 full years in 5 years, in Canada? This means you can only apply after you've been in Canada for 5 years, no?

Who can apply
To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must
  • be a permanent resident
  • have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days)
  • have filed their taxes
  • pass a citizenship test
  • prove their language skills in English or French
Other requirements may apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Is the requirement not to have spent 3 full years in 5 years, in Canada? This means you can only apply after you've been in Canada for 5 years, no?

Who can apply
To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must
  • be a permanent resident
  • have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days)
  • have filed their taxes
  • pass a citizenship test
  • prove their language skills in English or French
Other requirements may apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html
1095 days is the number. So If you live three years as a permanent resident from today, you'd have met the number in the last 5 year period. People recommend spending a little over 1095 to make up for calculating errors for foreign trips etc

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
1095 days is the number. So If you live three years as a permanent resident from today, you'd have met the number in the last 5 year period. People recommend spending a little over 1095 to make up for calculating errors for foreign trips etc
Oh I see, you need to have been present in Canada for 3 years (1,095 days) in the 5 years preceding application. So doesn't mean you need to be in Canada for 5 years.

You also get some of your time spent as TR added in, but days spent outside of Canada (vacation, working outside of Canada etc) gets deducted.

Interesting. I've never really given it much thought :).

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'd get in through the french stream if they remove the cap for that as well. Next draw is expected in April if they stick to the trend. I'll know in a couple of weeks or so. I believe @ElvisRamaj is also shooting for the french stream to remove caps?
Yea, impatiently waiting for the French, Priority Occupation or All Program draw to happen.

It seems an eternity.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys any estimations regarding OINP Human Capital Priorities? March is about to end but no draw on this stream so far.
And do you guys think it follows the tech draw/ Priorities / tech draw / Priorities pattern or not for 2022?
I am thinking shall I be hopeful for another priorities stream draw anytime till end of April or not, since now that they withdrew the CRS limit, I am having some ray of hope for this one.
March is not over yet. We have Tuesday and Wednesday left.

I believe it will follow suit: tech draw, then priority occupations, but you never know. The only thing with OINP is that most of the notification of interests are sent in the first half of the year, so I guess we have some time on our hands.

Reactions: KojiGold

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
How you doing, folks. Long time.

As I see apps moving and there's hope my letter isn't too far off, I had a question.

My ITA is Jan 2021, and if they pick up my app, I will most likely have to redo the medical and PCC is what I assume.

Meanwhile, I am planning to shift my location to a different city in the interim, so my question was should I create a PCC and keep it ready before I move? If I get a request for another PCC, will they accept one created a few weeks prior to it?

Thanks!

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
How you doing, folks. Long time.

As I see apps moving and there's hope my letter isn't too far off, I had a question.

My ITA is Jan 2021, and if they pick up my app, I will most likely have to redo the medical and PCC is what I assume.

Meanwhile, I am planning to shift my location to a different city in the interim, so my question was should I create a PCC and keep it ready before I move? If I get a request for another PCC, will they accept one created a few weeks prior to it?

Thanks!
If i remember correctly, a valid PCC has to be issued after you’ve left whatever jurisdiction you’re moving from. so no, I don’t think they’ll accept that

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
March is not over yet. We have Tuesday and Wednesday left.

I believe it will follow suit: tech draw, then priority occupations, but you never know. The only thing with OINP is that most of the notification of interests are sent in the first half of the year, so I guess we have some time on our hands.
Then I should stay optimistic

LittleMaple

Jan 27, 2022
Wow amazing deal, money well spent. Can you tell me if the lawyer just sent a performance request to IRCC or they filed something in the federal court? I'm assuming it's the former since 1000 seems too cheap for a court filing.
No the application for leave and judicial review for a Writ of Mandamus was filed at the federal court in Vancouver (and I received communication/confirmation from the federal court). This was only for filing though, no arguments or anything were prepared yet, that would have been more expensive, and I was prepared to pay more but then got my PPR, so just the filing seemed to have worked

Edited to add: It actually only costs $50 to file a Notice of Application at the federal court (you can look it up), so all these lawyers charging $2000+ for simply filing are making nice profit

Last edited:

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No the application for leave and judicial review for a Writ of Mandamus was filed at the federal court in Vancouver (and I received communication/confirmation from the federal court). This was only for filing though, no arguments or anything were prepared yet, that would have been more expensive, and I was prepared to pay more but then got my PPR, so just the filing seemed to have worked

Edited to add: It actually only costs $50 to file a Notice of Application at the federal court (you can look it up), so all these lawyers charging $2000+ for simply filing are making nice profit
Making $300+ is nice profit, but making $2000+ is an enormous, unjustifiable, fucking huge profit for just a fucking filing.

Good for you though for getting PPR.